Season tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you buy a season ticket for 2017/18 season?

Yes, without question
29%
Only if they are really cheap
3%
I don't know. I will wait to see what happens
35%
Probably not
14%
Under no circumstances will I be giving GI my money as I don't trust them
19%

Total votes: 63

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm not against anyone buying a season ticket at all. This will be the first season in 8 years I don't buy 2 for the locals among my family to use. That's my personal choice but I wouldn't begrudge anyone from buying into next season.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I have bought season tickets in the past and never used them as I live abroad but wanted to support the club but not this season.G I have shown me nothing to give me hope that they will support the club,plenty of fine words but as yet no action so why would I give money to rich people to put into their own pocket.
When and if they do then I would buy a ticket,but I can not forgive them for not funding some new players at the end of last season,shows to me something very sinister.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

GI are property developers. They care about the freehold of the stadium and nothing else. If it suits their agenda for the club to be successful, then it will happen, regardless of whether supporters buy season tickets or not. If it suits their agenda for the club to fail and falter, then it will happen, regardless of whether we buy season tickets or not.

Under the likes of the Rowe board, one could feel confident that season-ticket revenue would be used to benefit the fortunes of TUFC.

Under the property developers of GI, who knows what they will use the money for? Who can tell? I might change my mind but at the moment, I DO NOT trust GI, and nor do I trust them to use season ticket money in the way I'd hope they would.

They are property developers, not football people.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

I would say that by not buying a season ticket you are potentially playing right into GIs hands.
It could suit their agenda to say "hey look nobody cares about TUFC, we only sold 200 season tickets Mr Oliver"
I feel the best way to show our strength as supporters is to back the team despite GI and show the mayor TUFC is viable at Plainmoor.
I have bought my season ticket.
Tust member 191
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

This will be only the second time in around 15 years I won't get one. I understand both sides of the argument, but feel GI had many opportunities last season to show their hand, and they did.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

hector wrote: 12 May 2017, 19:59 GI are property developers. They care about the freehold of the stadium and nothing else. If it suits their agenda for the club to be successful, then it will happen, regardless of whether supporters buy season tickets or not. If it suits their agenda for the club to fail and falter, then it will happen, regardless of whether we buy season tickets or not.

Under the likes of the Rowe board, one could feel confident that season-ticket revenue would be used to benefit the fortunes of TUFC.

Under the property developers of GI, who knows what they will use the money for? Who can tell? I might change my mind but at the moment, I DO NOT trust GI, and nor do I trust them to use season ticket money in the way I'd hope they would.

:goodpost:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'd been a ST holder for years prior to this season and despite the £200 offer, I chose not to renew as I'd had enough of the constant struggle and lack of organisation in the board room. This season I won't be buying one because of GI.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

hector wrote: 12 May 2017, 19:59 GI are property developers. They care about the freehold of the stadium and nothing else. If it suits their agenda for the club to be successful, then it will happen, regardless of whether supporters buy season tickets or not. If it suits their agenda for the club to fail and falter, then it will happen, regardless of whether we buy season tickets or not.

I must say that I meant to say I DO NOT trust GI, instead of the mistakenly typed above. I cannot find the edit button on IOS.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote: 13 May 2017, 09:44 I must say that I meant to say I DO NOT trust GI, instead of the mistakenly typed above. I cannot find the edit button on IOS.
I've changed it for you :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If your a supporter and want to see Torquay United play I can't see that your giving money to G.I. as we make a loss every year.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

There are, IMHO, a number of fallacious arguments being used in this thread to justify not buying a season ticket.

I share the concerns about GI's record but, at least at this point, their interest as property developers is best served by a successful team. Only if the Club survives or thrives can their long-term ambitions be realised.

Yes, people can thwart their plans by boycotting the Club but then we all lose the Club we love and have supported, in my case, for decades. Surely the best way to 'have our cake and eat it' (a competitive team whilst allowing GI to pursue their long term aspirations) is to continue to buy season tickets and/or attend every game.

I know we will then be relying on Torbay Council to keep GI on the straight and narrow but I would prefer this than to see my team disappear or sink further in the football pyramid.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Cheers, Dave.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Modgull wrote: 14 May 2017, 10:22 There are, IMHO, a number of fallacious arguments being used in this thread to justify not buying a season ticket.

I share the concerns about GI's record but, at least at this point, their interest as property developers is best served by a successful team. Only if the Club survives or thrives can their long-term ambitions be realised.

Yes, people can thwart their plans by boycotting the Club but then we all lose the Club we love and have supported, in my case, for decades. Surely the best way to 'have our cake and eat it' (a competitive team whilst allowing GI to pursue their long term aspirations) is to continue to buy season tickets and/or attend every game.

I know we will then be relying on Torbay Council to keep GI on the straight and narrow but I would prefer this than to see my team disappear or sink further in the football pyramid.
Do you know what their long-term ambitions actually are? Or are you falling for the spin? If their sights are simply set on acquiring the freehold to sell for housing, and the football club is an inconvenience, then their long-term ambitions do not include even the existence of the football club.

Follow your logic to its natural conclusion, then you may as well say, give them the freehold, it's the only chance we have of surviving, yet over 7000 have signed a petition to oppose this.

How long, therefore, do we allow GI to hold a gun to our heads with the insinuation that they were shut the club down if they don't get their way? It would be a bit like a drug-dealer's debt-bond, if we have to abide by their bidding simply out of fear of closure.

Their real intentions will emerge if Gordon Oliver demonstrates hitherto unhinted at scruples and denies them the freehold.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

hector wrote: 14 May 2017, 10:43
Do you know what their long-term ambitions actually are? Or are you falling for the spin? If their sights are simply set on acquiring the freehold to sell for housing, and the football club is an inconvenience, then their long-term ambitions do not include even the existence of the football club.

How long, therefore, do we allow GI to hold a gun to our heads with the insinuation that they were shut the club down if they don't get their way? It would be a bit like a drug-dealer's debt-bond, if we have to abide by their bidding simply out of fear of closure.

As things stand the only insinuation that they would shut the club down if they don't get their way is coming from the forums, and whilst I am (of course) a proponent of the forums I am not going to pretend there is any more genuine fact behind this notion than there is genuine fear.....and it is genuine fear based on the company's appalling history.

It is for that reason ~ and that reason alone ~ that they cannot be trusted with the freehold and should never even be entertained as having any claim to that genuine tenet of security for the football club.

Even if there were to be a genuine and fully functional community ownership of Plainmoor over and above what we now have; then a 'soft loaning' benefactor or incredibly ambivalent slow burning investor would be needed to provide the purchasing capital to secure Plainmoor as a community asset so that it can then be purchased off them on a very long term mortgage agreement and thus equally owned by multiple individuals along the lines of the Chelsea Pitch Owners organisation. What a shame that in this day and age we can't all draw comfort and security from the notion of public ownership such as we have already without it being under threat from political dogma and the opportunistic predators of that school of politics that it exists to benefit.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I intend to buy a season ticket this month because I want Torquay United to survive as a Full Time Professional Football Club. It is as simple as that.

I intend to write to GIl and ask them if they can understand why, we the fans, do not trust them due to their appalling history which is so well documented.

It will be interesting to see if I get a reply!