Time to sort it out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Time to sort it out

Post by arcadia »

Moore,McGinty ,Verma Young Williams Chaney Sparkes Keating Williams Lathrop and keep Jordan Lee on loan there would not be a lot wrong for a promotion push next season but two fullbacks a wide player and centre half are a must. I cannot believe the difference in Williams now he is playing with players that compliment him.
The foundation is there if the budget is big enough.
If Nicholson had played Keating earlier instead of waiting a month I think we would have finished higher. :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Why would he risk an injured player?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not a meant personally against you and your opinions arcadia, at least 80 % of this squad are not good enough to be part of promotion winning team, including some of the names listed above. We're all grateful for the fantastic end to the season, but delusions that some how we have the base of a squad for promotion are way off the scale.

None need to be in the know, have inside information, to know, the fact of the matter is, our club needs major surgery off and on the field way before it's ready for promotion. The investment needed to bring about change required is not coming from our current owners.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Agree with you forevertufc......major surgery. A proper captain for a start, one who will take responsibility out on the pitch and hold the rest to take responsibility and end this delusional celebratory stuff all over social media last night as if they have somehow achieved something for themselves other than dig themselves out of a hole of their own making.

Very few amongst this lot are suitable for a proper effort next season, just as very few were at this time last year when the plaudits were flying merely for avoiding relegation. Three wins in a row for the first time all season but two of them were against very poor sides going down themselves so get real lads.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Totally agree with Merse and Forever, this team is nowhere near good enough for a promotion attempt. Unfortunately peoples views get clouded off the back of surviving another relegation battle.

GI won't make any attempt to support Nicholson in the summer so IF the club is still operational next season, I expect us all to be fretting again come next April. As a fellow supporter said to me yesterday, Torquay don't start playing until April.

Great crowd yesterday but, as far as I could hear from the Babbacombe End, thee were not protests against GI. Perfect opportunity to be heard and we all stayed silent.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Some of the Popside knuckle draggers did chant that they hated Osborne. Does that make you feel any happier?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The time to protest was AFTER the match; protesting during such an important match could have been suicidal.

That there was no protest says all about the false sense of achievement and the FACT that the ownership can get away with murder and more than likely will in the weeks and months to come
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I'd keep Moore, McGinty, LRT, Verma, Young, Williams, Keating, Lee (if we can keep him), Sparkes. Some of the others would be ok as squad players but if their salaries are high, they wouldn't be worthwhile persuing. Players like Hancock, Duke, Chaney add little but numbers and I don't think Chaney is going to be the next Eunan O'Kane, sadly. Too much of a lightweight, fancy-Dan, with little end product. Certainly a talented boy, but perhaps would benefit with a run of games somewhere.

That said, who knows what GI will do? Will they keep the manager? If they do, will they back him?

If the assertion of Osborne (that the club has had a top half budget) is true, then KN probably does deserve the sack. This is not an achievement, staying in this poxy league full of dire teams. It is a bloody disgrace that we have come close to relegation for the second year running.

I remember 13 years ago, almost staying up in League 1. Now that would ave been worth celebrating. That would have been something to chant "We are staying up!".

What are we staying up in? A division we are embarrassed to even be in, let alone not be crap enough to stay in. It was a great occasion yesterday, and I felt tremendous relief. However, the whole "Nicholson", "In Nico we trust" nonsense, is ridiculous when the player that probably did most to turnaround our form over the last few weeks, Brett Williams, was criminally ignored for a good part of the season, yet still ended up our top scorer. Had he been managed properly for the most part of the season, then perhaps he would have scored the goals that (when he appeared he always threatened to do) would have kept us out of this mess.

The whole notion spouted at the Fans Forum, that Williams didn't chase back was stupid. Surely, (when a manager prides himself on researching his players before singing them) this was known. You don't use a racehorse to drag carts around, likewise, a player who is a potential match winner, you don't demand he is using all his energy chasing lost causes, just so he looks like he is putting in loads of effort.

Let's face it; Williams only got back into the team because of the departure of Blissett and the failure to sign Moore, not because he had come around to KN's way of thinking. There wasn't any other option and then he proved why it had been ridiculous to have left him out of the team for so long.

So whilst I am ambivalent about whether the manager stays or goes (I think he is great for the off the pitch stuff and galvanising the fan base) this "In Nico we trust" stuff is really without substance. When you see how the tam played yesterday, it's surely down to the manager that they didn't play when faced with Guiseley, Sutton, Chester etc.

The role of the manager needs some serious examination as we should not be acting as though we have won promotion when all we have done is avoid being relegated to regional part time football. Our finishing position of 17th in this league, with the sort of clubs that are in it, is appalling.

Next year will be trickier. AFC Fylde will not be a Solihull Moors, next season. They have plenty of money and will be well back, as will Salford if they come up. Likewise, Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet will not be pushovers, so who will the pushovers be? Probably us, if things continue as they are.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

monkeyboy wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 09:44 Some of the Popside knuckle draggers did chant that they hated Osborne. Does that make you feel any happier?
A little although on the subject of the knuckle dragging wannabe hoolies, if we didn't let in the dickheads wearing "Stone Island" clothing, we probably wouldn't have had the pitch invasion and flare.

Sad little chavs who have more of a battle with acne than the away supporters.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Williams, Keating and sparkes are the only ones I would consider. The defence has been shocking all season and Moore is prone to blunders, at the very least he needs competition in the squad.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 08:40 Not a meant personally against you and your opinions arcadia, at least 80 % of this squad are not good enough to be part of promotion winning team, including some of the names listed above. We're all grateful for the fantastic end to the season, but delusions that some how we have the base of a squad for promotion are way off the scale.

None need to be in the know, have inside information, to know, the fact of the matter is, our club needs major surgery off and on the field way before it's ready for promotion. The investment needed to bring about change required is not coming from our current owners.
The team has been short on confidence all season. The recent games we have seen the players motivated, mid-season we had no centre- half ,no fullbacks and the left back had lost his confidence altogether. There was no pace either but Lee has provided this along with Keating and it makes a whole lot of difference. I went to Dover and everyone will tell you that we looked a good side but yes you can see the weaknesses.
Our keeper can be quality but his starting position is a lot to be desired and he needs to talk more and organize. If we got the back four sorted we would have a chance.
A decent Chairman would be asking why was Williams not fit earlier in the season as the last month he's looking a different player.
The main problem is attracting players with a bag of peanuts.
I also think the manager needs a someone to talk to about his substitutions as we have lost a lot of games, we should have got points from. Remember
'Leicester' it's a different ball game.......... if you believe your going to win and a lot of that comes from the bench.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Hectors view is interesting but Chaney will never improve on the bench, playing wide or playing in a struggling side.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 15:15 Williams, Keating and sparkes are the only ones I would consider. The defence has been shocking all season and Moore is prone to blunders, at the very least he needs competition in the squad.
How could you not consider Young?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The notion of keeping Chaney is ridiculous. He's had less of a first time impact than Ashley Yeoman did
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 15:50 The notion of keeping Chaney is ridiculous. He's had less of a first time impact than Ashley Yeoman did

You obviously did not go to Forest Green when we had two good wingers and Chaney played behind the strikers Nicholson believes that is something there and so do I but because the sides been struggling he's not been considered unless a wide player is out. He also struggles with consistency like most young players.