Season tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Will you buy a season ticket for 2017/18 season?

Yes, without question
29%
Only if they are really cheap
3%
I don't know. I will wait to see what happens
35%
Probably not
14%
Under no circumstances will I be giving GI my money as I don't trust them
19%

Total votes: 63

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Season tickets

Post by hector »

Normally, unless I have missed it, season tickets have been advertised by now, even when we have not known which division we will be in, as the Early Bird offers tend to expire in the first couple of weeks of May.

Will people get one?

I'm not sure I'm prepared to hand my money over to GI.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

After years of being a ST holder, this year I chose not to renew and I'm pretty certain I won't buy one for next season either.

I'll pick a game or two and will rock up for the relegation fight next April.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Depends for me what happens with who we sign/who we let go - that will show the budget and intent
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

If GI stump up and invest in the squad I will buy one.
Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

Don't quite fit the categories. Have already said I'm ready to buy a season ticket but can't say I won't be asking myself questions. After 55 years I'm not ready to give up now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Not sure I fit into any of those categories. I'd buy a season ticket one if I could afford one, and if my health would permit me to attend most games. As it is, I must pay to attend individual games as and when I can get to them. At least I will get a pensioner's discount..
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

yes for sure, I'm supporting the team and club whatever!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Dependent on the next few weeks, as a uni student that lives 230 miles away most of the time it's very hard to get to games. Will potentially buy one just to support the club and use it to attend the few matches when I'm home though.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Depends on the price. Doesn't have to be really cheap just an attractive enough saving even if I missed a couple of home games.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

God no, waste of money! Im out until GI are out as well
TUST MEMBER
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

so if GI go who is going to run it, don't see a people lining up to buy the club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

God, you sound just like one of the Herald boys.

On another thread you try to ridicule others for not "supporting" the team but you were happy to slag the manager who ultimately proved he was up to the job even with the constraints imposed on him by your GI heroes. Newsflash mate, they manipulated themselves into a position where they could gain control of the club.

There were other options, they just didn't suit the personal agenda of the previous board. Stop trying to peddle the nonsense about GI being our saviours, they simply are not. That's just what they want the foolish people among us to believe.

Cringeworthy photo of Osborne with Thea, I hope to God she had a good bath when she got home.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Voted for probably not as I'll wait to see next seasons squad and the Plainmoor covenant outcome before deciding.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Four options whereby you might still eventually end up buying a Season ticket. Yet for all the myriad of reasons there could be for not buying one, such as moving to Scotland, starting a new job requiring you to work on Saturdays, or you've never bought one and won't be changing the habits of a lifetime.......the one reason you're allowed is to have to say you don't trust G.I.

There's no serious attempt at wanting to find out accurate reasons here....the whole emphasis is on skewing things so as to allocate the one 'approved' reason to all non season ticket buyers.

If the Herald Express came up with something this biased, I'd never buy it again in protest ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Cya.

In all seriousness it's been created by an individual not an organisation. I suggest you go rub GI's genitals elsewhere, perhaps the Heralds comments section? I'm sure you'd be allowed to post your 'opinions' on there.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com