Talk Sport next Friday 28/04

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Talk Sport next Friday 28/04

Post by sgf »

Guys,

I have been a supporter for 35 years and still get to games when I can, which isn't easy!

Anyway I like many have been stirred by recent events and have been spreading the word regarding the clubs situation on Twitter.

In particular i have been sending messages to Jim White and Bob Mills at talk sport.

I have just heard Bob Mills say that Torquay will be discussed on the show next Friday between 10 and 1. Not sure how much it will help or what will be said but there is no such thing as bad publicity.....
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

It'll take his mind off the Orient and getting that ACV for the Birkbeck where so many CGs anaesthetised themselves after blowing promotion at Brizzers.......Bob Mills is OK
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

good job with your persistence. I will tune in if I get the chance.
I must say though i think talking about it is not going to change anything and really just adds to the negativity around TQ at the moment.

Sadly, I think it's a case now of collectively keeping our fingers crossed (which is a terrible suggestion i know!) , we need to hope n pray we survive in Nation League this year, we need to hope n pray our stadium isnt turned into properties and that we don't end up playing with 9 lads against Torre Trojans or something
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

I think what league we are in will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, although staying up is of course important. Going down will aid the argument for going part time etc but league clubs have found themselves in this position too

I do have to say though i think the combined efforts of the forum and supporters is a positive thing and shows passion for something which has played a huge part in all our lives.

The negativity has originated elsewhere.....
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

moneylife wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 14:35 good job with your persistence. I will tune in if I get the chance.
I must say though i think talking about it is not going to change anything and really just adds to the negativity around TQ at the moment.

Sadly, I think it's a case now of collectively keeping our fingers crossed (which is a terrible suggestion i know!) , we need to hope n pray we survive in Nation League this year, we need to hope n pray our stadium isnt turned into properties and that we don't end up playing with 9 lads against Torre Trojans or something
...say what. Getting this information out there into national publications and radio is exactly what is needed, it's galvanising the fanbase, putting pressure on the owners and Council and getting a lot of sympathy from fans of other clubs. To win this battle, the fanbase need support from all sorts of people and most importantly the general public must be informed of what is going on. Look at the interest in the issue and the anti GI feeling before and after the Guardian article, beforehand it was just a small core of us attacking GI, hell a lot of people on here were perfectly content to actually support GI before the transfer window debacle. Ever since the transfer window nonsense and the Guardian article, the anti GI fight has gained a level of magnitude in terms of visibility and support.

Talking about it is exactly what is needed now, once the talking has been done and people are involved this feeds into action against GI's intentions.

Crossing our fingers, praying and refusing to highlight and publicise GI's actions because of 'negativity' around the place is exactly the way to kill your football team. It's was also exactly what happened under the past two administrations and look where it's got us!
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 21 Apr 2017, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I think whatever anyone does is great work.. ..after last week's attendance and what everyone is doing is superb

Call me thick and I have read just about every post on here. Is it next Thursday 26th April that the disicion is made and made public.. ...
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

No it not made next Thursday 26th April nor will it be made public
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Sgf....
Well done sir...great work!!!
I shall be tuning in from 10am as I will be on my way down for the North Ferriby game.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

eddiebent
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by eddiebent »

It's certainly not on the agenda for the 26th nor have there been any proposals. What I would say is that it is unlikely that the mayor will make an executive decision if it is deemed to be unpopular amongst locals. In this instance, he will probably be defer the decision to full council.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

He still has to make the decision himself, Eddie, despite what your dad might tell you. Under the constitution, it's a mayoral decision. He can, of course, refer it to council for debate and advice, and in the past he might well have done that, but essentially, that's what the PDDGs have been invented for: so that debates can be held in public, with everyone (not just councillors) able to contribute.

Whatever decision he makes, whether referred to council for advice or not, I expect the Tory Group to call it in (fair to say, I think, that the Libdems won't, if the decision is not to sell).
Burkitt1986
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Burkitt1986 »

It's Been pushed back to July. See number 7 on the list.

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... istPlanIte

Well done on the talk sport coverage. We need the whole world to put pressure on the mayor/council so they know football fans can't just be pushed aside!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Excellent. The more coverage the better. The mayor and council must understand that they hold the future of Torquay United in their hands, that many people are watching and they will be held to account for their decision.
It is very important that the general election candidates understand the strength of feeling for our football club.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I will do my best to tune in to talk sport. if they have a phone in I will be ringing up They need to hear it from people who have been involved with this shower. any talk is useful if it adds to the publicity. and thats what GI will be afraid off. Negative Publicity
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

I'll be listening from 10 til 1pm today.
TUST No 278
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

It was on yesterday on the Hawksbee and Jacobs show,just after the 2-30pm news.