Torquay v Braintree Easter Monday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Thanks for your view Merse. Be assured there was no communication between referee and assistant referee. Another five seconds and the game would have re-started. If it had been on match of the day there would be a public enquiry over it.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Well done today - have been to last two games and back to Charlton (my local team) today. Have seen incredible potential against Aldershot and Lincoln that went unfulfilled or was denied by cheating and crap refereeing. Sounds like there was less of that today and the team got to show what they are capable of. If only the lads had played like this against Ferriby and Maidstone, which I also went to. Hoping for wins in next 2 games because it's going to take at least 4 points to stay up now. I don't want Lincoln to be my last away trip to a half decent club for a Torquay match. Got to be back next season in this same league, and that battle started today and was well won.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Massive win today, gutted I couldn't be there, still the 3 points are what counts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It was a great win today, but any euphoria I felt was knocked out of me on hearing Woking and Solihull won, certainly didn't expect the latter.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 19:52Thanks for your view Merse. Be assured there was no communication between referee and assistant referee.
Not by radio mic? You have no way of telling that and it is the preferred method of communication these days especially over contentious issues like players being active and passages of play as in Law 11 ~ Offside.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There were four attendances greater than the Gulls' today: 2880 at Maidstone (v Boreham Wood), 3770 at Gateshead (v Lincoln City), 3857 at Aldershot (v Dover Athletic), and 4091 at York (v Wrexham). Shows how attendances can be affected by a club's position in the table, or the position of the opponents in the table, and/or the geographical proximity of the opposing club. And what the size of Torquay's gate might be if we were challenging for the play-offs..
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Presumably the majority of the Gateshead crowd were from Lincoln. Gateshead normally struggle to reach 1000.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

hector wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 06:54Presumably the majority of the Gateshead crowd were from Lincoln. Gateshead normally struggle to reach 1000.

There were 2,486 Imps fans at the dreadful GIA......

There were also the boosts from the numbers of travelling 879 Wrexham and Dover fans yesterday, although Dover only had 265 at the Rec which is a mere hundred miles away ~ Braintree brought just 33; I bet even Boreham Wood took more than that sorry total to Maidstone!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

There WAS radio mic contact between them, I didnt actually see a flag at any time, maybe wrong, but seemed an
incredibly long conflab before disallowing the goal
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

desperado wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 07:49 There WAS radio mic contact between them, I didnt actually see a flag at any time, maybe wrong, but seemed an
incredibly long conflab before disallowing the goal
It looked to me like there was radio communication too. In which case why did the ref give the goal and let the players retreat to the half way line and prepare to kick off? It looked like the idiot linesman "reflected" for a very long time before the fairy in his head told him to wave his flag. It was a farce, thank God it didn't matter. The quality of officials in this League is pitiful.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 07:59 The quality of officials in this League is pitiful.
No worse than the quality of football or (in some cases) stadiums though
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 08:32 No worse than the quality of football or (in some cases) stadiums though
That is definitely true!!!!
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Can anyone enlighten me as to why we don't have Sparkes? Is he injured? Must've missed any news.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Goose9 wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 09:17 Can anyone enlighten me as to why we don't have Sparkes? Is he injured? Must've missed any news.
Yes he is injured, he failed a late fitness test for yesterday's match so hopefully should be okay for Dover
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I'm sure if we going for the playoffs you would hope to have at least 4,500 at plainmoor