Torquay v Braintree Easter Monday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that is brilliant, compare that table to just before kick off and it looks superb!! shame both soliull and woking won from behind, then again york and guisely both lost from being ahead!! we can still reach 16th!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 17 Apr 2017, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

So the table is -

Solihull 51
Woking 51
Guiseley 49
York 48
Braintree 48
Torquay 47
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Live to fight for another week at least...........well done!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Great win but unfortunately Solihull and Woking have won. Clearly their opponents Macclesfield and Chester have gifted them the points.

We do look to have a one game cup final at Dover to save ourselves. Win that and we will stay up as you would have to back us to win the last game.

Probably doesn't really matter about the other results - 53 points will be enough. All the other teams won't win the last two games.
Last edited by brucie on 17 Apr 2017, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that goal difference could be so vital now! draw at dover and beat north ferriby perhaps? now where's those fixtures!
still keeping the faith
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

With Solihull and Woking managing to turn around their matches, they look almost safe now being 4 points ahead of us with 6 available. North Ferriby are now gone to join Southport in the Conference North next season.

So it's down to one of four now realistically: Torquay, Braintree, York and Guiseley. Braintree on are on a poor run, as are Guiseley and are actually the two teams I'd like to see go down, both are small teams and the way we basically threw the match against Guiseley last season still rankles.

Braintree have a tough run in against Barrow and Aldershot and Guiseley have a distinctly easier Bromley and Solihull. York have Woking and Forest Green.

If we can get something out of Dover, there's an outside chance we can do this, although knowing United we'll beat Dover, lose to Ferriby and go down.
Last edited by SenorDingDong on 17 Apr 2017, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 17:02 Great win but unfortunately Solihull and Woking have won. Clearly their opponents Macclesfield and Chester have gifted them the points.
Don't quite know where you can have got this from. Both Macclesfield and Chester were winning. If they truly "gifted them the points" they wouldn't ever have been in front.

Maybe find another conspiracy theory.

We're where we are now because we've been one of the worst teams in the division all season. If we win the last two games and still go down, it's because of the preceding 43 games, not because other teams aren't trying, or whatever.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the fact that york play woking, and guiseley play solihull is our get out clause isnt it, none of them are safe despite what they did today, they displayed fighting qualities, but solihull especially have been on a desperate run, it'll go down to the wire a week on saturday, odd kick off times as well arent they?
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 17 Apr 2017, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

great result but a little to late, dover away, can we get anything from this ? I would doubt it but as we are talking about Torquay then anything is possible.
I still think we will go down, I hope I'm wrong and yes I'm sure it will go down to the last game. very sad that it has come to this, but what ever happens, stay up or go down there has to be massive changes booth managerial and player wise, the club cannot go through another season like the last two.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

What was the attendance please??
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Zippy wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 17:16 great result but a little to late, dover away, can we get anything from this ? I would doubt it but as we are talking about Torquay then anything is possible.
I still think we will go down, I hope I'm wrong and yes I'm sure it will go down to the last game. very sad that it has come to this, but what ever happens, stay up or go down there has to be massive changes booth managerial and player wise, the club cannot go through another season like the last two.
Love your positivity.....

Dover will be tough, but I must say after watching a good performance at Lincoln and another one today by the sound of it, there's nothing to say we can't get a result there.
Also, good crowd today of 2,580 - well done to everyone there.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Thanks SNW
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SBP wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 17:19 What was the attendance please??
2,580 apparently.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not a conspiracy theory but its clear that certain teams are on their summer holidays. Macclesfield losing 3-1 at home to Solihull Moors - Come on.

Its a real shame we had a player sent off against Chester because we would probably have won that.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

SBP wrote: 17 Apr 2017, 17:19 What was the attendance please??
Biggest this season. 2500

Well done united. Great game! On to the next!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest