GI the Death of TUFC as we know it

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some of us opened them ages ago and tried to warn others but were scorned for it. There were plenty on here asking us to give them a chance?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 05:59 Some of us opened them ages ago and tried to warn others but were scorned for it. There were plenty on here asking us to give them a chance?
Absolutely!!

And they know who they are!

The only option in my opinion is to boycott NOW. Quick death rather than a slow one for me! Might open the eyes of some councilors might not, but willing to take the risk.
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

When your new consortium install Fat Harrop on a juicy wage and their sole plan for recruitment is to ask the management team to reduce the commitments in their contracts to get transfer targets in you know you truly have scumbags running the club.

Honour the mans contract, Harrop. Get off your fat arse and sign a couple of players at Osbournes expense, not Nicholsons, he's done enough for the club while you've been going around running your mouth off and doing nothing but believing your own hype.

Harrop is full of shit.
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 06:38 When your new consortium install Fat Harrop on a juicy wage and their sole plan for recruitment is to ask the management team to reduce the commitments in their contracts to get transfer targets in you know you truly have scumbags running the club.

Honour the mans contract, Harrop. Get off your fat arse and sign a couple of players at Osbournes expense, not Nicholsons, he's done enough for the club while you've been going around running your mouth off and doing nothing but believing your own hype.

Harrop is full of shit.
So just to clarify, Harrop has said to Nicho that if he wanted to sign some new players he would have to take a pay cut? Basically paying for any new players out of his own pocket?!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I hope your all wrong....plz don't tell me this is true. I'm disgusted.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

They are not wrong ; alas far from it.
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... all-me-fat
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

So recruitment boss is getting paid to penny pinch from manager salary to raise money to get players to keep the club in this division in turn to keep everyone in a job.

What a f ing joke

Merse I enjoy your postings...not saying I always agree but you do give your opinions strong and it's always good to digestive.

I know while back we were on kevs back. Yes of course things change quickly in football but now I feel sorry for him. Seems to me he is the only with some morals. I wouldn't expect him to take a pay cut to sign players. How much does he earn , no where near what Hargreaves was getting ? Even so it's backing him into a nasty little corner and it's not nice. We should protest but give kev some support in my opinion.

If this Harrop had any balls him and/or GI should have come out and explain why no players were being signed instead of putting kev in the front line and make a idiot out of him.

GI and and fatty Harrop your not getting any of my money while your there ...my dad who is well known in the bay has been going since 1954 and even him is refusing to go now.

Problem I have is with this Harrop and GI who have no interest in our football team and obviously only care about getting there seedy little paws on some land.

And i thought the Webb days were bad ......

Have I got this wrong anyone...am I saying wrong things here ..
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

this is very very sad but bang on the nose brings bloody tears to your eyes reading this
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 09:15 I know while back we were on kevs back. Yes of course things change quickly in football but now I feel sorry for him. Seems to me he is the only with some morals. I wouldn't expect him to take a pay cut to sign players. How much does he earn , no where near what Hargreaves was getting ? Even so it's backing him into a nasty little corner and it's not nice. We should protest but give kev some support in my opinion.
Getting on 'a manager's back' for the reason one doesn't think he was the right appointment is not to be confused with getting on his back as a sacrificial lamb through the conditions he is working under.

In my view; Nicholson was offered his dream job three years too early in his career without the necessary ground work being done by him in working as a number two somewhere....... but who could blame him for accepting?

The fool was not to be found in the man but in those giving him the job.

He is on around a quarter of Hargreave's bloated salary and that is for being a Player Manager remember; with less staff and hugely reduced playing budget and in the position the club finds itself in now, one has to hope that somehow he can pull #greatescape2 off.

But if he does, there will be no more reprieve from the run-down of the club and reduction of the wage bill there has been since #greatescape. People were rejoicing in a fools' paradise after that as they were when they conga'd around Field Mill in fancy dress to the delight of Saint Thea looking forward to new grounds to visit and 'more happy football'
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 08:55 They are not wrong ; alas far from it.
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... all-me-fat
Any chance of making your forum visible to guests, merse?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Jerry wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 08:16 No
So just to clarify, Harrop has said to Nicho that if he wanted to sign some new players he would have to take a pay cut? Basically paying for any new players out of his own pocket?!

No Jerry. Nicholson has to be paid up 6 months of his contract to be fired, Harrop wanted him to halve that. All the players are aware so if that doesn't spur them on to perform nothing will.

It's about time people realised I do know what I'm talking about and none of this is personal, my only interest is the future of our club. Harrop is a bellend, resign and use your salary to fund a few players you ****.
Dave

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

SG no holes barred

I agree 100%
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Absolutely beyond belief. A sad end to a lifetime of supporting the club. Honestly I would rather we folded now than be associated with these parasites.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 09:29Any chance of making your forum visible to guests, merse?
1: It's not 'my' forum and..........
2: No; all anyone has to do is join it. Over thirty per cent of the current number of people attending home matches have done so and around ten per cent read it on a daily basis.

With this forum being roundly regarded as 'The Torquay United Forum' the problem is not lack of Internet aware people reading the forums but the lack Internet aware people amongst the support base and community.

Because I ~ as Admin ~ keep it as a members only forum, I know pretty accurately who logs in and when; and I know for a fact that all the local media who retain this veil of silence about GI; Zenith and all the other shit we have commented on are fully aware of the truth but choose to cover it up. So the next time you see Dave Thomas, Guy Henderson, Richard Hughes, Alan Richardson, Ross Reid or Jim Parker; front up to them, put them on the spot and ask them why this is so.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Mar 2017, 09:29
No Jerry. Nicholson has to be paid up 6 months of his contract to be fired, Harrop wanted him to halve that. All the players are aware so if that doesn't spur them on to perform nothing will.

It's about time people realised I do know what I'm talking about and none of this is personal, my only interest is the future of our club. Harrop is a bellend, resign and use your salary to fund a few players you ****.
Thanks Dave.

Pretty shameful stuff from Harrop and his paymasters. :@

It's a pity Nicho can't make some kind of statement as this would be sure to be picked up by the media. Obviously I understand that he can't as he has a young family to support.

Jeff Welch (?) at Westcountry news aired fans negative views of GI when the takeover initially fell through so maybe he would be interested in doing some digging as the Herald clearly aren't.

Thanks are due to Dave and Merse for keeping the fanbase informed of the shady goings on. :-D