The New Board

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

The New Board

Post by budegull1954 »

Does anyone know who is actually on the Torquay United board as of this moment? I listened to the Clarke Osborne interview the other day and he stated that David Phillips had resigned, yet the TUFC official website says that he is still the Chairman. Or I am I just being thick?! On the other hand I have been away for 5 weeks and may have missed an announcement.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The ever reliable club website still lists the Kerswells, Balsons etc. :}

http://www.torquayunited.com/club/Directors.aspx
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I was told that Dave Phillips had been asked to resign by the new owners but in true Torquay United fashion nothing has been announced. If that is the case then the club is compelled to nominate a chairman to keep within Football Association ruling*. When I asked that question I was told that Clarke Osborne had been named in his place.

Now that's what I was told in answer to my questioning; so before anyone gets on their high horse just read what I have posted and do not distort it!

* All clubs must name a chairperson, treasurer and secretary
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I think in that interview the interviewer addressed Osborne as Chairman.
According to Companies House Osborne and Philips are the only two 'Officers'.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

PhilGull wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 18:09I think in that interview the interviewer addressed Osborne as Chairman. According to Osborne and Philips are the only two 'Officers'.
Companies House would relate to business law for the limited company........Football Association Rules relate to the football club as it is registered with them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave Phillips has resigned but they've not released that information for some reason
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 20:39 Dave Phillips has resigned but they've not released that information for some reason
Does he still have shares though? Do we know what/whose shares Osborne bought?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well we're talking about the chairmanship of the FOOTBALL CLUB here for which no shares are necessary; shares are held in the company and as Gaming International have by far the majority shareholding, any shares Dave Phillips might or might not now hold are irrelevant.

The Football Association stipulate that each and every club MUST have a chairman whether or not they are a limited company and in numerous instances a football club chairman is a different person than the owning company chairman......people need to be aware of this!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

In the interview with osbourne, it was quite clearly discussed that Phillips had left. Whether that meant left on a free all inclusive holiday to Australia courtesy of GI or as chairman I'm not sure.
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

merse btpir wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 22:30 Well we're talking about the chairmanship of the FOOTBALL CLUB here for which no shares are necessary; shares are held in the company and as Gaming International have by far the majority shareholding, any shares Dave Phillips might or might not now hold are irrelevant.

The Football Association stipulate that each and every club MUST have a chairman whether or not they are a limited company and in numerous instances a football club chairman is a different person than the owning company chairman......people need to be aware of this!
To be fair that's what you're talking about! The OP was asking about board members! :na:

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

No.....the OP clearly stated: 'TUFC official website says that he is still the Chairman' and THAT relates to the football club board ~ not that of Plainmoot Ltd ~ because the holding company board has never been itemised on the OS.

Plainmoor Ltd has now been 'bought out' by Riviera Stadium Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Gaming International which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toklon Ltd ~ gottit?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well let's clear this up by using the club's official programme from last night. On the page headed 'Directory & Contents' under the sub-heading 'Who's Who?' it starts off listing 'Lifelong Presidents': Thea Bristow, Ian Hayman, Mervyn Benny', then 'Player-Manager', 'Assistant Manager' etc until we come to 'Finance: Amanda Counter' so no mention of Mel Hayman anywhere and importantly no mention anywhere of a Chairman or Directors.
Mind you there's no mention of Hodgkiss either in the squad on the back page. Interestingly neither is there any reference to GI/Riviera Stadiums anywhere.
So don't believe everything you read!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I think 'Amanda Counter' is a pseudonym for 'A Bean Counter' :~D
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

A post tonight from the yellow army Facebook:

I remember someone on here posting a while back that the new owners would force kev out by making his life impossible. That they have zero interest in football, only interested in the land. And I think he got shouted down by people saying "give these new people a chance".

Well from what I continue to hear from players and others on the inside that's very much what's going on. Harrop is making things very difficult for the players and kev, hoping he'll walk. There is no money for even loan signings, they are just making out there is but not coming forward with it when he finds a player he wants.

Heard again that the keifer Moore deal was all agreed and finalised using some the blissett money and wages but that GI pulled it after kev had it all set up. Long before Ipswich were ever on the scene. That's coming from a friend of his who he'd told he was "coming home".

Heard today about the lads in the lodge getting shit from Harrop who everyone thinks is a total pleb...Like a spoilt kid who's dad owns the business so he acts like he owns the place" was how it got told to me today.

Apparently kev and Robbie know their time is up, have done since the GI sale was announced, so do the players and that the GI plan all along is to trick the council into a land sale whilst minimising the club running costs, even if that means relegation.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I have been told today by a first team player and backed up by someone working at the club who I can't name for obvious reasons. Time will tell if that's accurate.

It looks like we the supporters maybe getting played just like some people on here feared a while back.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lucy, I said this on here God only knows how long ago. I think I might even have told you privately at the time.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com