Torquay United v Guiseley

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It may be that the players have given up playing for Kev, regardless, something needs to happen and I think that "something" is probably that the manager departs.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Sad to say, but if KN cares as much about this club as he says he does, he should immediately resign as manager, otherwise this club is dead. Not that a new manager would make any difference with these players. I wonder what the club's new owners are thinking.. :(
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Every single one of the board, the players and the management should hang they're head in f***** shame.

Two must win games...at home...against part timers. One had a RB in goal for 80 mins, the other was down to 10 men. Total points.... 0.

If you love this club Nicho then resign. You are not good at you're job. The players arnt conference south level, let alone national level.

Getting preparing for trips to Truro and Weston cos that's exactly where will be. And even then we'll struggle to compete.

**** joke of a club

I thought the 5-1 home defeat to Braintree, or the 7-3 defeat to Bromley, or the Sutton game was bad enough. But this really is the end now.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Now place your vote if you would go and see Torquay play in the Conference South.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

My first game since the madness at fgr only player who had a real positive effort was Luke. Standing next to a guy who says need 11 of him and he's right. Sparkes did somewhat okay but his crosses weren't met by anyone. None of the others fit to wear the shirt. Nicho used to be a defender yet we are shite at defending. It's basics Sunday league stuff. Anderson at fault for both ffs shit team performance either way
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Gullscorer wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 17:11 Put Geoff Harrop in charge! :) =D
Can't be any worse...at least it'd be something different. Not ideal but hell we're going down under Nicholson.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Reckon he will until they put in a permenant manager
quantumleaper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by quantumleaper »

To stay up we HAVE to win at least 5 of the last 11. Ain't going to happen with this shower. Welcome to oblivion.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Gullscorer wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 17:11 Put Geoff Harrop in charge! :) =D
My nan would do better than Nicho!

There can't be anyone who was there today who thinks he should stay. It was terrible. Worse than the 8-1 to Scunthorpe in many ways.
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

Pathetic. What happened in the second half? Yes we are were good in the first half, could've her a few but why is it the same story of bottling it? It's a complete joke. How these players are paid to pay football is criminal. They go down to 10 men and then they become the better team? We LOST FROM A WINNER POSITION AGAINST 10 MEN. We won't stay up, there is no chance of it now:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Yet another low point in the history of Torquay United. What happens now will show the new owners intentions.

Are they happy with a sustainable part time conference south team with income generating facilities or do they want the team to be successful in the pitch. Sadly I think it's the former but I live in hope that is the latter.......

Edit: by the above, I don't mean sack KN, I mean sack, back or do nothing and go down.
Last edited by SteveDeckchair on 04 Mar 2017, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's obvious KN is not motivating the team. If Mark Yates was there today, he should be signed up immediately. Immediately after sacking KN. Something must ne done.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 04 Mar 2017, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

At least Clark Osborne will be happy = he said in his interview that we needed to move from Plainmoor because of parking issues and using the stadium 3 or 4 days per week. We don't use it at all now and there will be plenty of available parking next home game as about 800 will be there.