Geoff Harrop on his way back?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

The 'Yes Men' for GI are forming an orderly queue at the door.
That's 3 appointments already.
We're f**ked.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

6667GULL wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 07:28 The 'Yes Men' for GI are forming an orderly queue at the door.
That's 3 appointments already.
We're f**ked.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 00:42 Sorry, but I really can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.

Are there really people who are willing to give GI the time of day? A company that has done over virtually every entity it has had dealings with? A company that is clearly only after our ground and is offering token gestures to appease the fans and get them onside.

Come on guys, do the research. Read up on other people's experiences with this company and realise that they don't give two shits about the club, and once they've got what they want, will ditch us as quickly as possible (probably into the waiting arms of Peter Masters, if it's not too late by then)

I have zero inside info, I've just done my research and spoken to people directly impacted by this company. It's not great reading and I have no doubt at all that the same will happen to us.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Was it Tim Herbert who used to provide the dreadful headlines, full of positive spin? Can you imagine the way the website will be used to try and cajole opinion behind getting the council to sell the ground to TUFC, especially now GI have David Thomas in their pocket. I hope the council realise that just because they are draped in TUFC clothing, GI - even if they have appointed 3 ex employees - are no more TUFC, than the Wolf was Grandma, in Little Red Riding Hood.

Saying that, if we were to believe GI - which surely nobody does - but let's just pretend for a minute, if Harrop was to reinstall the youth system, then I wouldn't mind that. One thing I do agree with David Thomas about were his comments in this weeks podcast regarding the youth system. It was just about to start producing fruit when it was dug out of the ground and thrown away.

You plant a new tree and it takes a few harvests to produce fruit of quality and the same was true of the youth system and so often, people were impatient because it hadn't produced players. However, it was always going to take around 8 years to start producing players of quality as before that, all the best players in the age groups would have already been snapped up. Now because of the decision taken to close it, we lost out on some potential first team players, a heck of a lot of transfer income and it will now - if it is ever restarted - be the mid 2020s before it ever starts producing players again and that is after people need to have their trust won back, because who is ever going to trust TUFC with their son's footballing career after there have been two occasions that the youth system has been shut down?

Don't even start to think about the Ayer we have missed out on because we shut down our youth system twice. It's too painful.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

hector wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 09:24 Was it Tim Herbert who used to provide the dreadful headlines, full of positive spin? Can you imagine the way the website will be used to try and cajole opinion behind getting the council to sell the ground to TUFC, especially now GI have David Thomas in their pocket. I hope the council realise that just because they are draped in TUFC clothing, GI - even if they have appointed 3 ex employees - are no more TUFC, than the Wolf was Grandma, in Little Red Riding Hood.

Saying that, if we were to believe GI - which surely nobody does - but let's just pretend for a minute, if Harrop was to reinstall the youth system, then I wouldn't mind that. One thing I do agree with David Thomas about were his comments in this weeks podcast regarding the youth system. It was just about to start producing fruit when it was dug out of the ground and thrown away.

You plant a new tree and it takes a few harvests to produce fruit of quality and the same was true of the youth system and so often, people were impatient because it hadn't produced players. However, it was always going to take around 8 years to start producing players of quality as before that, all the best players in the age groups would have already been snapped up. Now because of the decision taken to close it, we lost out on some potential first team players, a heck of a lot of transfer income and it will now - if it is ever restarted - be the mid 2020s before it ever starts producing players again and that is after people need to have their trust won back, because who is ever going to trust TUFC with their son's footballing career after there have been two occasions that the youth system has been shut down?

Don't even start to think about the Ayer we have missed out on because we shut down our youth system twice. It's too painful.
Like the lad that Yeovil just sold to West Brom you mean :'(
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nico blatantly needs a hand from somewhere as we struggle to get the basics right once the whistle blows. we've got as weak a squad as i can ever remember, but there are a few talented players in that bunch. if harrop can help to coax the best out of them then we can't complain, nico should be grateful of any assistance he can get
but agreed, id rather three new players, than these three!
still keeping the faith
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Like the lad that Yeovil just sold to West Brom you mean :'(
[/quote]

That lad was never with Torquay and probably never would of joined
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

we were f==ked before GI TOOK OVER,
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Hope that the 3 new additions have brought their spades and trowels with so they will still have a job when the "no doubt about it" housebuilding starts !! :whistle:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 14:34 we were f==ked before GI TOOK OVER,
Indeed. GI, however, aren't the answer, and certainly not the saviours that they are making themselves out to be (and sucking people in at the same time)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

WELL WHO ELSE SCOTT, THE CHINESE UP THE ROAD HAD KNOW MONEY, TAKE A LOOK AT THE HOTEL THEY RUN NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE AREA, NOTHING BETTER THAN A HOMELESS HOSTEL.
IM NOT SAYING GI ARE THE ANSWER OR NOT BUT SEVERAL PEOPLE PULLED OUT OF THE RUNNING LEAVING US WITH JACK SHIT. AND WE ARE GOING ON ABOUT HARROP HAVING HIS OWN AGENDA, WELL AT THE MOMENT KEVIN AINT DOING IT SO WOULD HARROP DO ANY WORSE, IF IT WAS HIM COMING IN.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ps, sorry about the capitals
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So you're saying Harrop is the answer then? You say GI might not, what possible reason do you have to think they will have the right answers? What have they done so far to convince you? There were people interested in buying, the fact they didn't rests with Dave Phillips who is now sunning himself halfway around the world.

Let's say they use some money to pay Nicholson off, can you see them spending what is needed to bolster the playing squad? Wake up, they really don't care. The apathy towards the club is what they want to make things easier for themselves. It's what they do, they do it well as history has shown. He (Nicholson) knows better than anyone where the squad is lacking, it wouldn't take much to get enough quality in to rise the table to safety, will a new manager be able to come in assess it and also be allowed to spend what it takes? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH. Sorry about the caps.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

not trying to make anyone laugh Dave, 51 years ive supported this club through thick and thin and i want the best like everyone, this is my opinion weather anyone thinks its right or wrong, i dont think Kevin is the answer and weather GI are the answer who knows , I DONT, maybe you know a lot more than me Dave, Can i see them spending on the squad? i dont know that either, we all have our ideas , anyway GI is all we have at the moment , and know im not sure if Harrop is there answer, what i said was could he do any worse. or anyone else for that matter.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

ROADRUNNER wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 20:33 not trying to make anyone laugh Dave, 51 years ive supported this club through thick and thin and i want the best like everyone, this is my opinion weather anyone thinks its right or wrong, i dont think Kevin is the answer and weather GI are the answer who knows , I DONT, maybe you know a lot more than me Dave, Can i see them spending on the squad? i dont know that either, we all have our ideas , anyway GI is all we have at the moment , and know im not sure if Harrop is there answer, what i said was could he do any worse. or anyone else for that matter.
It would be hard to do much worse....we've won 3 of the last 18 games we've played.