PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

IanGull01 wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 13:09 GI haven't even been given the nod yet that the takeover can happen and here we are all writing to the Council. Don't even know what there plans are as they've had no contact. CRAZY!!!!
If you really believe that you're crazy yourself. They've already been cosying up to the Mayor and dipping their toes in the water, these people are far from stupid and especially clever at manipulating fans of sporting clubs. Look at their history ffs.

If you want to do something constructive instead of taking the piss out of concerned fans I suggest you write a letter to the council as well.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jafeica wrote: 10 Jan 2017, 23:38 Take a look at Nightingale Park on google maps... 6/7/8 times the size of Plainmoor? IMHO it's simply a land swap deal with the council i.e. You give us Nightingale, we'll surrender our rights to Plainmoor. The council then have the hassle of covenants, Asset of Community etc.
What Google Maps don't show is that much of that land is wet and boggy and deemed unsuitable for housing. Why do you think Cavanna's haven't already built their little boxes all over it by now ?? It is why it has been designated for recreational and environmental use and I still feel that to build a new stadium on the suggested site at Nightingale Park will present huge drainage difficulties.

By the way, Louis - like Arcadia, I'm still having problems with the site. And I've tried deleting cookies as you suggest but it hasn't made any difference. Is it only me and Arcadia ??
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 16:26 If you really believe that you're crazy yourself. They've already been cosying up to the Mayor and dipping their toes in the water, these people are far from stupid and especially clever at manipulating fans of sporting clubs. Look at their history ffs.

If you want to do something constructive instead of taking the piss out of concerned fans I suggest you write a letter to the council as well.
Err, I was far from taking piss out of supporters.
Was merely saying the NL haven't approved anything. You obviously know a lot more than me.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

portugull wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 09:55 Article by Dave Thomas on back page of Herald today featuring Councillor Haddock that makes it clear nobody has put forward any offer or deal for Plainmoor.
I especially like the bit where he says: "I am amazed how wound up the whole thing has become."

Clearly no conception of the passion fans feel for their club, I expect he thought this would just be done and dusted with little comment as though it was just any old bit of council property being disposed of!

Just shows how out of touch these people are with those they are supposed to represent.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Sorry guys have to post this here. The site isn't working, really odd behavior, cant post a new thread, menu lists always open, and really strange graphics on front screen.
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 18:07 Sorry guys have to post this here. The site isn't working, really odd behavior, cant post a new thread, menu lists always open, and really strange graphics on front screen.
On my tablet I have same problems if logged into www.torquayfans.com, but no problem if logged onto www.forum.torquayfans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

portugull wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 09:55 Article by Dave Thomas on back page of Herald today featuring Councillor Haddock that makes it clear nobody has put forward any offer or deal for Plainmoor.
This is the pot calling the kettle black.

When things threaten Mr Haddock's business and interests he is the first to get 1. excited and then 2. militant. This is the person who locally led the fuel price protests in 2000. The are other examples of militancy and direct action but as I'm not sure of my ground I'll keep it zipped.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... jasonburke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/919852.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/924574.stm

If Richard Haddock was a Torquay fan (a shame he's not) in the present situation you can bet your bottom dollar that he would be calling for action!
Last edited by gullpower on 11 Jan 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Like Salmon and Sturgeon, I smell something fishy. :Z
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Guys, if you're having problems with the site you need to clear your cache. It is working fine.
Dave

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Question off topic but in topic with last few posts....I use a bookmark for this forum on internet exploer on my phone....is there a app ...if so how do I get it and does it work
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

G.I's takeover of our football will be rubber stamped, G.I will have no problem satisfying any concern raised, that is one issue that's not coming to the aid of our football club.

Was to talking about this with some friends before the match Saturday, It has always been my own view, shared by many others that G.I are not here to develop Plainmoor, as an above post in view correctly points out, there isn't the space there for it be rich enough pickings, also the time and cost to cross all the bridges required before they could stick studio apartments on there wouldn't be worth their while also, for a start, wasn't part of the build cost of the bench met by education grant money, can't see them standing idly by watching there classrooms under the bench being knocked down, as I'm sure if my memory serves me right, Westlands do have some space under the bench, so surely would have a say.

Think it's obvious G.I have their eyes on a much bigger prize, and the club and it's ground are a means to an ends. The question that's in my mind and has been all along, what happens to our club when G.I have got what they want.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

:scarf: SAVE PLAINMOOR PETITION :scarf:

The petition is now online. There needs to be 25 signatures for the Council to consider it. Strictly speaking those signing should live in the Bay but b*ll*cks to that but it may help if the first 25 signing were Bay residents.

Please post the link on Facebook, Twitter and send to your gran, your gran's friends, your gran's friend's friends, in fact anyone that has a keyboard.

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... =503168599
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I've just cleared my cache of 22,000 items and I am now emptying my trash file. I've never done this before and I followed a You Tube clip to see how to do it. I don't know what the consequences may be and this could be my last post...........................................................
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Neal wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 18:07 Sorry guys have to post this here. The site isn't working, really odd behavior, cant post a new thread, menu lists always open, and really strange graphics on front screen.
Yep this is what I have been seeing both at home and at work.

But as Dave and Louis recommended, I cleared the caches on both and all is now sorted. :)

Incidentally this is what the site has looked like on all my devices.

Last edited by Jerry on 11 Jan 2017, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

gullpower wrote: 11 Jan 2017, 21:06 :scarf: SAVE PLAINMOOR PETITION :scarf:

The petition is now online. There needs to be 25 signatures for the Council to consider it. Strictly speaking those signing should live in the Bay but b*ll*cks to that but it may help if the first 25 signing were Bay residents.

Please post the link on Facebook, Twitter and send to your gran, your gran's friends, your gran's friend's friends, in fact anyone that has a keyboard.

http://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServ ... =503168599
Signed.