PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss all the latest news at Plainmoor with fans.

MF68
First Team
First Team
Posts: 227
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 20:52

PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Post by MF68 » 10 Jan 2017, 14:50

Get over having a new ground - it isnt going to happen.


Jafeica
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jan 2017, 22:40
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by Jafeica » 10 Jan 2017, 22:46

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point or you guys are. I suspect the freehold of plainmoor is of no interest to GI, aside from its limited size, it is probably of more value to Westlands than it is to a developer. The value lies in obtaining Nightingale Park for a nominal sum, developing the new stadium, lease it to TUFC for match days, exploit it on non match days for their own gain, build a few retail outlets and may be a few houses as the cherry on the cake.

Whatever happens on the pitch is irrelevant.


PhilGull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1707
Joined: 06 Sep 2010, 08:36

Post by PhilGull » 10 Jan 2017, 23:12

Jafeica wrote:
10 Jan 2017, 22:46
I'm not sure if I'm missing the point or you guys are. I suspect the freehold of plainmoor is of no interest to GI, aside from its limited size, it is probably of more value to Westlands than it is to a developer. The value lies in obtaining Nightingale Park for a nominal sum, developing the new stadium, lease it to TUFC for match days, exploit it on non match days for their own gain, build a few retail outlets and may be a few houses as the cherry on the cake.

Whatever happens on the pitch is irrelevant.
Take a look on Google Maps. I reckon if you built terraced houses similar to the surrounding stock it would be possible to fit about 90 new homes on the whole site. And maybe more like 200+ appartments if going for something of a similar scale to the school.

If they can build the stadium too then that will be a bonus for them.
Devon's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1801
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 10 Jan 2017, 23:30

Just watched Devon 18's draw with Somerset. Talk in the stand from another pro club in the area the person stated they thought that G.I. will get permission to develope Plainmoor to have greyhound racing and speedway. It may mean moving the ground towards the swimming pool and may be doing away with it. This would save money as they are not developers.
Altering the clubhouse shape. He pointed out forget football they are not interested in it. You will find this out when Kevin gets his budget for next season it may destroy the team. This may be a lot of bullshit but it may be an explanation why they are quiet as the neighbors won't like it.
THE SERVER IS STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY.


Jafeica
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jan 2017, 22:40
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by Jafeica » 10 Jan 2017, 23:38

You don't see many new build rows of terraces! Plainmoor is a red herring.

Take a look at Nightingale Park on google maps... 6/7/8 times the size of Plainmoor? IMHO it's simply a land swap deal with the council i.e. You give us Nightingale, we'll surrender our rights to Plainmoor. The council then have the hassle of covenants, Asset of Community etc.

Plenty of fat in the deal for GI if they get Nightingale for nothing!!


Jafeica
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jan 2017, 22:40
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by Jafeica » 10 Jan 2017, 23:41

Greyhound racing??? Laughable, no chance! Dog racing as sport is on its knees and there is no way they'd allow speedway that close to housing...


Jafeica
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Jan 2017, 22:40
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by Jafeica » 11 Jan 2017, 00:00

Plainmoor (pitch/stands) = 2 acres? Maybe 4 with pool/park??

Nightingale Park = 42 acres


portugull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1067
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:27
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull » 11 Jan 2017, 09:55

Article by Dave Thomas on back page of Herald today featuring Councillor Haddock that makes it clear nobody has put forward any offer or deal for Plainmoor.


gateman49
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 343
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 09:23
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 » 11 Jan 2017, 11:38

Take care Portugal, the info in the HE article quoting Cllr Haddock appears to be at odds with an e mail that I had from Cllr King stating that any decision was the mayor's. Cllr King is Executive Lead for Planning Transport and Housing and Cllr Haddock is Executive Lead for Business so one might think that they would be singing from similar hymn sheets.

I've also just had an e mail from Kevin Mowatt who is the senior officer on the case as Executive Head of Business Services. He states:

The officers may well have a clear recommendation or alternatively we can offer up a range of options for the Mayor to consider. Either way the public will be able to attend at the meeting and I will endeavour to get all of the various opinions gathered in so that as far as possible the final decision is an informed one.

Either way vigilance is the key.


Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 56
Joined: 15 Dec 2016, 11:22
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull » 11 Jan 2017, 12:53

Jafeica wrote:
11 Jan 2017, 00:00
Plainmoor (pitch/stands) = 2 acres? Maybe 4 with pool/park??

Nightingale Park = 42 acres
Plus you may well find that Quinta is also going to appear in the mix! ;)


IanGull01
First Team
First Team
Posts: 240
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 12:20
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 » 11 Jan 2017, 13:09

GI haven't even been given the nod yet that the takeover can happen and here we are all writing to the Council. Don't even know what there plans are as they've had no contact. CRAZY!!!!


budegull1954
First Team
First Team
Posts: 122
Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 21:06
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 » 11 Jan 2017, 14:08

arcadia wrote:
10 Jan 2017, 23:30
Just watched Devon 18's draw with Somerset. Talk in the stand from another pro club in the area the person stated they thought that G.I. will get permission to develope Plainmoor to have greyhound racing and speedway. It may mean moving the ground towards the swimming pool and may be doing away with it. This would save money as they are not developers.
Altering the clubhouse shape. He pointed out forget football they are not interested in it. You will find this out when Kevin gets his budget for next season it may destroy the team. This may be a lot of bullshit but it may be an explanation why they are quiet as the neighbors won't like it.
THE SERVER IS STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY.
I had to open a new link on my browser to access this site.

User avatar

Louis
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 1583
Joined: 01 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: Torquay
Contact:

Post by Louis » 11 Jan 2017, 14:26

Nothing wrong with the server, clear your cookies and cache and you will then be loading from the server rather than your PC that may be storing older versions of the site. I installed updates this week.

Ideally you should do this daily for optimum browsing experience on any site.
Image


gateman49
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 343
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 09:23
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 » 11 Jan 2017, 15:15

Not crazy at all IanGull01, it was the Council raising the subject that rang alarm bells. There may not be a fire and it might be a false alarm (with or without good intent). It is better to react to the alarm rather than get burnt if there is one.


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1801
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 11 Jan 2017, 15:57

Louis wrote:
11 Jan 2017, 14:26
Nothing wrong with the server, clear your cookies and cache and you will then be loading from the server rather than your PC that may be storing older versions of the site. I installed updates this week.

Ideally you should do this daily for optimum browsing experience on any site.

Cleared cookies what is a cache. Mines been wrong for days. brilliant if you can help.

Post Reply