PLAINMOOR FOR SALE?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

brucie wrote:Exactly - and anyone who thinks otherwise should really be confined to a rest home for the terminally gullible.
And that right there is the issue with people hiding behind keyboards. Shutting arguments down isn't really very helpful, and differing opinions should be considered IMHO.

Each to their own, though.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: It needs pointing out that not one of these NIMBYS owned their houses before Torquay United were established in the ground and that they have benefitted from a reduced valuation of their properties because of the proximity of the ground when they purchased them!

Thanks, saved me from typing out more or less the same argument.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

brucie wrote:Exactly - and anyone who thinks otherwise should really be confined to a rest home for the terminally gullible.
I realise that I will probably be in the minority here (and elsewhere) but I take a slightly different view on the events unfolding .... in truth probably more in line with that taken by Dave Thomas in this week's podcast - for those that have listened to it.

In order to convey my thoughts I think it best to set them out on a Q & A style format, so here goes .... apologies to those who have absolutely no interests in what I think and whose mind is (probably) already made up!

Do I trust GI ? ..... NO

Do I think that Plainmoor as the home for TUFC should be retained at all costs? NO

Could I see a potentially brighter future for it at (say) the Willows? YES

Do I think that the vast majority of fans/posters who are totally against a move away from TQ1 are probably of a similar age ( born before 1980 shall we say!) to me? YES

Do I think younger fans might be more attracted towards a multi purpose stadium in the centre (lets be honest that is what it is these days!) of town at the Willows ? YES

Do I think TUFC desperately need new income streams in order to have any chance of getting back in the Football League ? YES

Would I prefer a wealthy TUFC fan to own the club and build a new stadium at the Willows? YES

Do I think Torbay Council could build it and retain ownership of the stadium at £ millions cost? NO

Do I think that the future success of TUFC would be better if TUST owned the freehold of Plainmoor? More secure certainly but I have serious doubts abut our ability to maintain a football club at this level, never mind ever getting back into the Football League!

Do I think Gi are going about things the right way ? NO

Do I think they should improve their communication? YES, of course they should!

Do I think they are approaching the "right" people to form a new Board? YES,actually ... await developments!

Do I think we should be cautious and watchful ? Of course we bloody should!

Do I think we should give GI a chance? On balance, YES

Do I believe that in order to for GI to succeed they are wholly reliant on not only Torbay Borough Council, TUST, TUFC fans bit the wider community to succeed? YES

Do I care if GI make a healthy profit from all of this - so long as TUFC benefit ? NO

Do I think my views will garner support from the majority of posters on here and other forums? NO : =D

I guess I am just one of those gullible twats eh? Whatever, at least I am prepared to keep an open mind! =D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Pretty reasonable view, Chris.

I'm not against moving as such, I'm just against the way GI always seem to go about their business. I think a lot of others will agree with you, I certainly do.
Dave

Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

That new stadium is working like a dream for West Ham.

Shiny new things are not always what they are cracked up to be.
Tust member 191
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Q.There is quite obviously a lot that could be achieved by a new stadium.

A. Of course yes.

Q. Would I be happy for Plainmoor to be sold on the promise that a new stadium will be built.

A. Of course not.

Q. Would I be happy for someone to build a stadium to a specification the club and TUST had agreed on the basis of a rental on a 999 year lease similarly agreed and on completion of such a stadium Plainmoor would be sold.

A. Of course I would.

Q. Did I want GI to get involved with our club

A. Of course not.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Q. Should we tell Osborne and GI to **** off

A. Yes

Q. Should we expect our new owners to face the press and tell us what their plan's are

A. Yes

Q. Should Lucy be told not to post ridiculous nonsense like Harrad is better than Blissett.

A. Yes

Q. Is Merse's forum better than this one

A. Yes

Q. Are Forest Green and Eastleigh "proper football club wannabees" who waste obscene amounts of money on has beens like Midson, Constable and a whole host of others and still don't get anywhere.

A. Yes

Q. Does Dale Vince look like a complete tosser with that ridiculous pony tail sticking out the back of his barnet

A Yes

Q. Is Brett Williams selfish tosser who is obtaining money by false pretences on the pretence of being a pro footballer.

A.Yes

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Do we tell GI to F Off before or after we ask them what there plans are?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Who would have thought that most of us would be looking forward to the 3pm kick off on a Saturday to take our minds off the goings on off the pitch for a couple of hours?!

This whole GI debacle is throughly depressing and it's difficult to see any sort of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. Every time I start to think maybe it's not so bad, those very much in the know manage to bring me back to earth with a massive bump.

Thank the Lord for Nicho who has done so bloody well in spite of everything. Here's hoping for another home win tomorrow to stir everybody up again.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

brucie wrote:Q. Should we tell Osborne and GI to **** off

A. Yes

Q. Should we expect our new owners to face the press and tell us what their plan's are

A. Yes

Had a drink have we? :lol:
Dave

gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Who would have thought that most of us would be looking forward to the 3pm kick off on a Saturday to take our minds off the goings on off the pitch for a couple of hours?!

This whole GI debacle is throughly depressing and it's difficult to see any sort of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. Every time I start to think maybe it's not so bad, those very much in the know manage to bring me back to earth with a massive bump.

Thank the Lord for Nicho who has done so bloody well in spite of everything. Here's hoping for another home win tomorrow to stir everybody up again.
:goodpost: COYY!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

From Kevin Foster MP's weekly update:

TUFC Plainmoor,

Following the recent takeover by GI several Gulls Fans have been in touch with me to express their concerns about the future for Plainmoor Stadium given past talk of a new stadium and a potential council sale of the freehold.

During my meeting with the Mayor earlier today I was advised that a formal approach has not been made to the Council by the new owners in terms of the stadium’s freehold. There were indications though that they would consider any approach made on its merits.

I will look to arrange a meeting with the new owners to discuss what they see as their vision for the club. Whilst I do not have direct decision making powers in terms of the Plainmoor Stadium or any proposal for a new stadium, I want to hear what their vision is and how they will act as custodians of our football club.

I will include any further news in future updates.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote:Q. Should we tell Osborne and GI to **** off

A. Yes

A. Yes

Q. Should Lucy be told not to post ridiculous nonsense like Harrad is better than Blissett.

A. Yes

Q. Is Merse's forum better than this one

A. Yes

Q. Are Forest Green and Eastleigh "proper football club wannabees" who waste obscene amounts of money on has beens like Midson, Constable and a whole host of others and still don't get anywhere.

A. Yes

Q. Does Dale Vince look like a complete tosser with that ridiculous pony tail sticking out the back of his barnet

A Yes

Q. Is Brett Williams selfish tosser who is obtaining money by false pretences on the pretence of being a pro footballer.

A.Yes

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Q Have GI got the best interest for the fans of TUFC
A No

Q Will GI channel profits from other new activities to the football club
A hahahahaha delusional NO

Q Is Plainmoor one of the best grounds in the National League
A Yes

Q Are many fans of TUFC blinkered, naïve and ripe for being ripped off
A Yes, that's one of the reasons GI are here, and will win many over with false promises.

Q Will we ever get back into the League with GI
A Hahahahahahaha

Q As a major proposed property development is on the cards, has the communications about this been good
A No. mmmmmmmmm why not?

Q Are the new owners fans of Torquay utd
A No

Q Can we stop GI
A We could, but the cards are stacked against us.

Q Will life be better without GI
A Yes yes yes

Q Will we be successful if we stay at Plainmoor
A Havnt a clue, and no one can answer that. BUT we have the longevity of the club secured WHATEVER League we are in

Q If say TUST take control, can the club still be up for sale to a wealthy footballing fan, consortium, but staying at Plainmoor and council owned
A Yes
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

What we need is the Tust to call a meeting after a game to see what response there would be to a £100.00 pledge from each supporter. The only problem being would the capital collected be accepted by G.I. and would we have enough money coming in for the club to tick over until we get a reliable owner. Whilst people are at a game they could sign up.

This is a big ask for some but time is running out.