Shaun Harrad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

gullsdiv2 wrote: Are you pissed? Reid is a more mobile version of Harrad, Harrad offers us no more than what Reid already gives us
Harrod would have been a great signing if Blissett was still here but sometimes second time around does not work. The problem now is the progress the team has made since Chaney has slotted in behind the striker we've actually started to score goals as he's linked the wingers into the play and Fitzpatrick is playing better because he's getting the ball to feet. If Nicho drops Chaney now he'd be an idiot. Chaney lacks in strength and a little heart but has more football ability than most in the club and developing into a better player where he is now behind the striker.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Agreed Acradia - I would also be upset if Chaney is dropped as he certainly deserves another chance. He seems to be getting better each week. Saying that, Harrod would fit into a similar role judging on what I saw of him last week and he also has the experience that Nico is after. I think there is certainly a role for Harrod to play so I am pleased to see him back.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: Harrod would have been a great signing if Blissett was still here but sometimes second time around does not work. The problem now is the progress the team has made since Chaney has slotted in behind the striker we've actually started to score goals as he's linked the wingers into the play and Fitzpatrick is playing better because he's getting the ball to feet. If Nicho drops Chaney now he'd be an idiot. Chaney lacks in strength and a little heart but has more football ability than most in the club and developing into a better player where he is now behind the striker.
I don't think Harrad wanted to leave in the first place, we just didn't have the funds in the summer to offer him a contract, he has a family so putting him up in the lodge was never an option. Welcome back Shaun
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rubbish - he was offered a contract but chose a short term deal elsewhere. Bloody hell he didn't get much job security in a six month deal at Wrexham.
How exactly did you deduce that he wanted to stay here?

Hes back now because I guess there are no other offers on the table for him. And to the person who seems to think that Harrad is a better player than Blissett. You are nuts.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The thing is Harrad needs a striker to feed off and vice versa. Is Reid that striker or Williams?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The point that needs to be understood here is simple, Harrad and Blissett are two very different types of player, is one better than the other, as they're different types of player, there can be no comparison.

If Harrad has been signed as a direct replacement then we could have problems, however Blissett was hardly a prolific goalscorer, or creator of chances, in fact could on occasions could be a tad lazy. That's the truth of the matter, we can try and dress this up like we've just lost a huge talent because it suits an argument, but we haven't, and Plymouth have paid money for him, TUFC should be done for fraud.

Now if Blissett's replacement has not been signed yet, all of sudden the Harrad signing doesn't look so bad, the one thing our team lacks is a bit of experience, and that's what Harrad brings, whilst Chaney is a bright young up and coming talent, he is so, so naïve, when your in a relegation battle that's not what you need.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell

Post by SteveDeckchair »

forevertufc wrote:The point that needs to be understood here is simple, Harrad and Blissett are two very different types of player, is one better than the other, as they're different types of player, there can be no comparison.

If Harrad has been signed as a direct replacement then we could have problems, however Blissett was hardly a prolific goalscorer, or creator of chances, in fact could on occasions could be a tad lazy. That's the truth of the matter, we can try and dress this up like we've just lost a huge talent because it suits an argument, but we haven't, and Plymouth have paid money for him, TUFC should be done for fraud.

Now if Blissett's replacement has not been signed yet, all of sudden the Harrad signing doesn't look so bad, the one thing our team lacks is a bit of experience, and that's what Harrad brings, whilst Chaney is a bright young up and coming talent, he is so, so naïve, when your in a relegation battle that's not what you need.
I agree entirely. The voice of reason!

I wish people would look at the bigger picture.......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Precisely that. As usual it's up to Dave to be the sensible adult in a thread.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:Rubbish - he was offered a contract but chose a short term deal elsewhere. Bloody hell he didn't get much job security in a six month deal at Wrexham.
How exactly did you deduce that he wanted to stay here?

Hes back now because I guess there are no other offers on the table for him. And to the person who seems to think that Harrad is a better player than Blissett. You are nuts.
Precisely brucie, the contract he was offered was rubbish and no fault of Nicholson. If you are able to think back to the summer, nicholson wanted harrad but didn't have the money available, harrad stayed around just in case. Yes, Wrexham came in and offered him a living contract, who could criticise him for going there. Now we have the money to offer harrad a decent contract he is back. What is the issue. Within 24 hours of being freed by Wrexham and a phone call from Nicholson, he is back. So I deduce he never wanted to leave. Stick to your betting wagers before posting pathetic digs at loyal forum members
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

:goodpost: Spot on and actually the truth behind why he didn't stay.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I would be interested to see Harrad partnered with Williams but he seems to be totally out of favour so I expect it will be a rotation of Chaney / Reid - both are showing real potential.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:Precisely that. As usual it's up to Dave to be the sensible adult in a thread.

Matt.
You sure about that. i thought he was as barmy as I am. not so much nuts but a bag of bolts to boot lol :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

kevgull wrote:Harrad for Blissett = Asset stripping
what a load of twaddle. He wanted to go when he heard of the interest. we cant stand in the way of a player who has been offered a chance to better his career and been offered much better money. I would love to see you say that to Blisset. he would laugh in your face.
now if he had wanted to stay and they said no we have to sell to get the money in then i would agree with you.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I dare say Nicholson saw something in Harrod - he obviously can play a bit. Damn sure I didn't see it a lot last season though. The guy was slow, very slow even the player admits it. Therefore comments that he is a returning diamond are totally misplaced jingoism . Forever claiming Blissett is a poorer player than Harrad -is just plain daft. They are very different types of player - probably why they perhaps worked okay as a duo sometimes- . Ask any National League centre half however who they would want NOT to play against and I doubt they will agree with you Forever. Poor old Argyle who you accuse of being robbed- where do you get thoughts like that from!!!! Blissett has gone there because of his power. 15k for that - further bonkers from - -well we have no idea whose ludiculous valuation this was do we..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think he was referring to the footballing ability, Blissett is a handful because he's awkward and unorthadox, Harrad has a better footballing brain and as long as we can get in a player to feed off him it could turn out to be a decent bit of business from the manager.

The valuation was obviously Argyle's seeing as they decided how much he was worth to them.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com