Shaun Harrad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

northlondongull wrote:Signing Moore does seem highly unlikely for the reasons stated by Richinns.

As for Pipe and Harrad, I am quite pleased with this and would trust Nicho's judgment. The team requires experience as was demonstrated by the two leads which we blew against Forest Green (albeit managing to hold on for the win in the first game). Pipe and Harrad have been around the block at this level and bring a great deal of knowhow. No, Harrad does not score many goals but nor has Bliss this season. With the two wingers (Fitzpatrick and Sparkes) we now pose a serious attacking threat and I think that this would still work well with Reid/Harrad/ A N Other.

I remember last year being a little miffed when we let Marsh leave yet it proved to be a prudent decision because we were able to strengthen elsewhere. I hope that Nicho’s statements that we will come strong in this half of the season come true.

Anyway…on field issues seem like the least of our problems at present.
Fitzpatrick and Reid's loans are up imminently, which will present us with more problems that need to be solved
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its hardly any wonder that Moore was given a run out in the FGR first team. They have been off form and he scored in almost every game he played whilst on loan to a dire side (us).

He hasn't impressed though in the two games against us though and with FGR stuttering more than someone on the undateables, he will be consigned to being a bench warmer.

Christ FGR have about the times more forwards than we have but the looney beaneater still cannot get them promoted.

FGR are rumoured to be making another big money striker signing in January so if that happens Moore will be eighth choice. His more likely to go somewhere else on loan though I would have thought.

We are back to barrel scraping though. Harrad and Reid doesn't strike me as the dream team forward line at all. Hopefully Pipe will sign for Newport.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Pipe has signed for Newport
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:Pipe has signed for Newport
Seems we have been piped at the post for Pipe.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Yep, on loan until the end of the season...

Eastleigh boss Martin Allen reveals former County skipper David Pipe has returned to the Exiles on loan until the end of the season... x.com/EastleighFC/st…

Although yet to be "officially" confirmed at the Newport end. With his past history with them and his Welsh roots I think he was always likely to favour them over us - although I don't doubt that we were in for him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

absolutely no loss
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

YES, SEEMS HE HAILS FROM THERE AND HE HAS CHOSE TO GO BACK.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've merged the two threads. I heard of our interest in Pipe yesterday but was told he was intent on going back home so it was a non-starter apparently. Harrad will be signing though, if he hasn't already.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Yes think Harrad was down yesterday Dave, Hopefully we can get Moore or someone similar.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Confirmed, Harrad has signed and Reid is here until the end of the season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38499715
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Love the way the club announce Harrad at the very same time Argyle announce Bliss. Like that is a going to compensate!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Harrad is a better footballer than Blissett so a good replacement. I am a bit sceptical when a player comes back however.

Reid on the other hand, shirley we could've got someone else in...anyone?
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

NorfolkGull wrote:Harrad is a better footballer than Blissett so a good replacement. I am a bit sceptical when a player comes back however.

Reid on the other hand, shirley we could've got someone else in...anyone?
Are you pissed? Reid is a more mobile version of Harrad, Harrad offers us no more than what Reid already gives us
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

True, oh, and dont call me shirley :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Harrad for Blissett = Asset stripping
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: