Shaun Harrad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If Philips was still in charge I would be wondering if it was David Pipe the racehorse trainer!

Happy with both to be honest. Pipe is a solid pro with loads of League experience. Just the sort of player we need. Harrad is a much more 'hard-working' striker, someone that I think Nicho can work with much better.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullsdiv2 wrote: Also spent time inside whilst at Bristol Rovers after a violent unprovoked assault left a man with a fractured skull! Doesn't do much for the family club image!
Does he know Zebroski?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Newtonsgull1899
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Sparkes

Post by Newtonsgull1899 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:looks like David Pipe and Shaun Harrad are to sign deals, pipe can play full back or midfield. just waiting on Moore now, Hopefully! :)
What a pairing kieffer Moore and Shaun harrad would be!! :bow:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gullsdiv2 wrote: Also spent time inside whilst at Bristol Rovers after a violent unprovoked assault left a man with a fractured skull! Doesn't do much for the family club image!
Are you being serious ~ do you have a death wish for relegation? This guy is just what this squad of ninneys need!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Be really disappointed with both. Pipe is over the top and Harrad is even further over the top. Two poor signings in my book.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

We'll see but never been impressed with him in the past, was slow 2 seasons ago and can't have got any quicker, a pacey winger will run rings around him, I hope I'm made to eat my words though!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

a guy branston type, no nonsense defender.. What a terrible signing he was made out to be.. I'm having de ja vu..
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I remember being impressed by Pipe about 8 years ago, which probably shrouds my view of him as he's not really pulled up trees since then. Am I right in thinking he can play Right Back, in which case he might solve a problem position for us.

Harrad last year was the perfect partner for Bliss, as he clearly had a "good football brain" and his work rate and link up was superb. However, who are we to pair him with now - Williams?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

How sure are you about David Pipe signing RR? The only reason I say that is that there seem to be some quite strong rumours going around that he (Pipe) is going to be signing for one of his old clubs Newport tomorrow.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

as sure as i can be, we will have to see.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

What about Keiffer Moore? Any news?
TUST number 080
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Lloyder5 wrote:What about Keiffer Moore? Any news?
You mean the first team striker at the team third in the league? Sadly I fear the only time he will return to Plainmoor is as an away player or maybe in about 5 years when he's past his best.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Just asking.
Only recently established himself in that position. Don't imagine Mark Cooper is particularly happy with him at the moment.
TUST number 080
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think we have to realise that Moore coming back is extremely unlikely for the following reasons:
1. He is currently a starter for his parent club
2. His parent club would need to recruit before releasing him
3. Should FGR be prepared to release him then there would be many (potentially better) options other than us open to him (and I suspect football league offers)
4. Should both FGR and Moore be willing then we would also need our owners to fund this. I am not sure they are particularly bothered about the football side of things and would not see funding such a transfer or loan as having any importance to their aims.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Signing Moore does seem highly unlikely for the reasons stated by Richinns.

As for Pipe and Harrad, I am quite pleased with this and would trust Nicho's judgment. The team requires experience as was demonstrated by the two leads which we blew against Forest Green (albeit managing to hold on for the win in the first game). Pipe and Harrad have been around the block at this level and bring a great deal of knowhow. No, Harrad does not score many goals but nor has Bliss this season. With the two wingers (Fitzpatrick and Sparkes) we now pose a serious attacking threat and I think that this would still work well with Reid/Harrad/ A N Other.

I remember last year being a little miffed when we let Marsh leave yet it proved to be a prudent decision because we were able to strengthen elsewhere. I hope that Nicho’s statements that we will come strong in this half of the season come true.

Anyway…on field issues seem like the least of our problems at present.