Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Goody2514 wrote:"I should be more forgiving of people typing quickly in the holiday season, but I'm in a pedantic mood. What you meant was 'He might have just started'.."
No I meant what I said!! if he had scored the winner he might of got himself in the managers plans for Saturday with no Bliss and nobody knowing for sure if Reid will still be about he is the only recognised forward I'm the squad
You've made the same mistake again! Are you simply missing my point or are you taking the piss or are you really that thick? For the benefit of those who are, let me make it more clear: the correct grammatical expression, and the correct choice of words from the English vocabulary, is 'might have', not 'might of'.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Gullscorer, If you are going to start correcting grammatical and spelling errors on the site you're going to have a full time job.

Chill :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote: You've made the same mistake again! Are you simply missing my point or are you taking the piss or are you really that thick? For the benefit of those who are, let me make it more clear: the correct grammatical expression, and the correct choice of words from the English vocabulary, is 'might have', not 'might of'.
Dullscorer.....

F*ck off and find something better to do with your time.

I think you'll find that's grammatically correct.

Happy New Year.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

gullpower wrote:Gullscorer, If you are going to start correcting grammatical and spelling errors on the site you're going to have a full time job.
I'm getting worse as I get older.. ;-)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

gullpower wrote:Gullscorer, If you are going to start correcting grammatical and spelling errors on the site you're going to have a full time job.

Agree, I cant be bothered to get the spelling or grammar correct, if the spell checker picks it up, good if it doesn't I don't care.

Don't start a campaign on here to correct grammar, it wont work, you will get stressed, and there really isn't any point in the scheme of things :)
TUST MEMBER
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

Boringhell mate!!! Get a life!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Goody2514 wrote:Boringhell mate!!! Get a life!!
I have a vague feeling that this is, whether grammatically or otherwise, somehow incorrect. :)
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dear Gullscorer,

May I give a gentle criticism of your message timed at 12.02. Please note that this is in the interests of improving communications between all of us at a time when messages are being misconstrued on a regular basis.

I have to state that your construction and word spacing when starting new new sentences could be better viz:

You have not double spaced when commencing new sentences.
In the second sentence the first 'or' is redundant as all you needed was a comma.
The meaning of your third sentence is unclear, I quote: "for the benefit of those who are....". What do you mean here? For the benefit of those who are wearing galoshes or who are hanging from telegraph poles? You must be specific. This sentence also contains a needless slang word, I presume to make the readers react.

I look forward too an improvement in your work as you have it in you to you achieve a good result at the end of term.

Yours sincerely

etc. etc.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Aha, hoist by his own petard, Gullscorer, I see that the sentence spacing is a quirk of the software so please go back to the top of the class
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Sorry guys, is this a football forum or an English learning forum?!

What a game yesterday was and all your talking about is grammar in posts :zzz:
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

IanGull01 wrote:Sorry guys, is this a football forum or an English learning forum?!

What a game yesterday was and all your talking about is grammar in posts :zzz:
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gateman49 wrote:Dear Gullscorer,

May I give a gentle criticism of your message timed at 12.02. Please note that this is in the interests of improving communications between all of us at a time when messages are being misconstrued on a regular basis.

I have to state that your construction and word spacing when starting new new sentences could be better viz:

You have not double spaced when commencing new sentences.
In the second sentence the first 'or' is redundant as all you needed was a comma.
The meaning of your third sentence is unclear, I quote: "for the benefit of those who are....". What do you mean here? For the benefit of those who are wearing galoshes or who are hanging from telegraph poles? You must be specific. This sentence also contains a needless slang word, I presume to make the readers react.

I look forward too an improvement in your work as you have it in you to you achieve a good result at the end of term.

Yours sincerely

etc. etc.
I shall look forward to an improvement in your spelling capabilities....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

Perhaps some people on here should spend more time actually going to TUFC games home or away, rather than sitting behind a computer, boring people about grammer, that way instead of talking about saving/supporting the club they can actually contribute, instead of criticising the people that spend there hard earned money week in week out,paying to watch the team. I was under the elusion this was a football forum to talk about football?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gullpower wrote: At this distance and low angle I don't see how you can say it wasn't a foul.
It's all about opinions, and there's nothing in the rule book that says one persons opinion is more correct than another's.

The first and most key piece of evidence it wasn't a foul is, the reaction of the Torquay defenders, how many of them appealed for a foul, none, being it the 5th and equalising goal, our players would have been all over the referee if they'd thought it a foul.

Most of the fans stood near and around me all agreed it wasn't foul, but what confirmed it for me is, when I still framed the video at 12.34/35, it clearly shows the ball had slipped from Moore's grasp before the FGR lad made contact, in my view, and I have a feeling that's what our players saw, and why they didn't appeal, guess the referee took the same view.

This is not meant as a smash Brendan Moore post, would have loved it if the referee had given a foul of course, fairs, fair though, if the boot was on the other foot and we'd seen a goal disallowed in those circumstances, most of us would not have been to happy about it.

Had Bobby.O been in goal, would that ball ended up in our net, no, Bobby.o would have dealt with the ball and dumped the FGR lad in a heap on the pitch, any keeper at any level in those circumstances has to be stronger than that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Goody2514 wrote:Perhaps some people on here should spend more time actually going to TUFC games home or away, rather than sitting behind a computer, boring people about grammer, that way instead of talking about saving/supporting the club they can actually contribute, instead of criticising the people that spend there hard earned money week in week out,paying to watch the team. I was under the elusion this was a football forum to talk about football?

Perhaps it would be wise for someone new to the forum to try and lighten up a bit and enter into the spirit here rather than throw a strop and complain about the way we run things.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com