Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tufc si wrote:Forever, unless it was you, there was a guy who said exactly the same thing as we were leaving the ground regarding the money situation. We have exactly zero pounds but I am always proud of the fans as they always seem to put in a good shift, especially away from home, and definitely today!!

Regarding the fifth goal, I'm with you and had a very good view of it too.Until I see it again, I'm convinced there guy has done nothing wrong and simply jumped alongside Moore but he's spilled it. I'm no keeping expert, but he probably would have been better off palming that for a corner. It was a horrible looping ball to have to deal with
Unless there was another lad who said exactly the same as me, then indeed guilty, it was me.. :)

There was contact on Moore, there's no doubt, but in my very good view it was very minimal, I thought there was nothing in it. I agree in return, electing to try and catch that ball was an error, a big palm on that, but hey, it's easy from the stands.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Well done to the 450 travelling fans who were in good voice today. What a great game even if we couldn't quite hang on at the end. Perhaps KN could have got the boys to close out the game better but hey, I don't want to criticize anyone after that wonderful afternoon of entertainment.

The food was shocking though; chips or chips and curry sauce (unless you are vegetarian). Come on FGR sort that out!!
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Not a lot I can add to the comments already about the game , I thought we didn't play the wind well in the later stages , too many long balls sailing straight thru to the keeper or going out of play, but a minor criticism .
FGR very friendly club , obviously a lot of money being spent on them but a couple of negatives....when the wind and rain is coming in horizontal to the seats yet you appear to make from what I could see some elderly TUFC fans sit in it , at least for the first half , there was plenty of spaces why couldn't they have been moved further into the grandstand ?
And secondly car parking ...yes you are vegan, and eco friendly but how much fossil fuel was burnt up trying to get out of the carpark and down the hill? That was a shambles ... We turned left past the ground and up a single track road to get back to the M5 longer way around but saved a load of time
But great afternoon , great support and it wouldn't be TUFC if we didn't have plenty of excitement along the way
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

Cracking game for my sons first away game, couldn't of asked for more entertainment, he loved it. Thought Torquay looked nervous until they went one down then as per usual started playing some good football. The balance in the team with both Sparkes and Fitzpatrick is brilliant, just need a poacher in the box and we will have a forward line that will compete with most! Thought Richards had a good game today, I'm not his biggest fan but he seemed to be everywhere today and actually completed some decent passes. At 5-3 up my dad turned to me and said it still doesn't seem safe, he was right!
How much longer have we got Fitzpatrick for? if we cant extend it again, we need a good replacement for that wing.
All in all though, a great week to be a Torquay fan after a dodgy few weeks, we would of took 4 points from these two games before hand so cant complain. COYY
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Their fifth goal where Forever was saying a mistake was made. Moore has a problem a few times his decision making when to punch and when to catch was bad and needs to be addressed. A goalkeeper must decide what he is going to do if it's a punch or palm if he's under pressure it's a punch it must be to a wide area not toward the centre of goal where a couple ended up today as this gives the opposition a second chance saying all that Brendon Moore played well. Chaney linked the midfield to the front and when he gets stronger and more experience will make Torquay money if he can keep his mind on the game. Thought we should not have made substitutions as Williams is selfish and plays for himself andwe may have won.
Brilliant end to Christmas
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Unbelievable score. According to the OS our first ever 5-5 draw in our history.

Boy am I looking forward to Saturday.

Last 8 League games have produced 3 wins , 3 draws and 2 defeats. 15 goals for and 13 against. However only 3 of these games have been at Home.

We are now home in 3 of the next 4 so lets hope we can get Plainmoor rocking.

I wonder what odds would have been available on 17 goals being scored in our 2 games with FGR? 500 to 1?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's all in here folks. Think this video confirms what I thought during the game, minimal contact on the keeper for the 5th goal, it also in my opinion confirms my thoughts that Moore came and then stopped for the 3rd, others of course may not agree, also shows this game could have neded with just about any score line.

Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I think if the scoring had stopped after Sparkes equiliser - or FGR's equiliser at 2-2 - it would be easy to be over the moon with a point. But with he way things panned out it has a feeling of 2 very welcome points lost.

What concerns me is the playing staff going forward. Bliss is clearly on his way; Reid's loan is up and I assume Fitzpatrick will be on his way back to AFCW soon. Leaves us with a very paltry looking squad
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote:I think if the scoring had stopped after Sparkes equiliser - or FGR's equiliser at 2-2 - it would be easy to be over the moon with a point. But with he way things panned out it has a feeling of 2 very welcome points lost.

What concerns me is the playing staff going forward. Bliss is clearly on his way; Reid's loan is up and I assume Fitzpatrick will be on his way back to AFCW soon. Leaves us with a very paltry looking squad
It will show what interest GI have in the football club.
I think the football club should generate it's own money anyway but it would be more successful with a GI back up. If the manager has not sorted the loans out I would be surprised as he is not doing his job otherwise.

Your right we should have won and the manager needs to ask himself why we did not!He will learn from this if he does.
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

Having just watched the video linked above, what a game, I'm still in shock.

But....

Why didn't Williams head it in right at the end rather than try volley, madness. he might of just started the next game if he'd won it
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Kamikaze defending by us. Minimal contact for their fifth goal but a clear foul. Their player has jumped with his arm outstretched and made contact with the keeper. That's a foul everyday of the week.

How can you blame the manager because we didn't win - we just havn't got the players, and won't have whilst GI asset strip the club.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I have some sympathy for Brendan Moore, who trains/coaches him?? Cant be easy for him or Robba, what do they do train each other??
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

forevertufc wrote:It's all in here folks. Think this video confirms what I thought during the game, minimal contact on the keeper for the 5th goal, it also in my opinion confirms my thoughts that Moore came and then stopped for the 3rd, others of course may not agree, also shows this game could have neded with just about any score line.

At this distance and low angle I don't see how you can say it wasn't a foul.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Goody2514 wrote:Having just watched the video linked above, what a game, I'm still in shock.
But....
Why didn't Williams head it in right at the end rather than try volley, madness. he might of just started the next game if he'd won it
:O I should be more forgiving of people typing quickly in the holiday season, but I'm in a pedantic mood. What you meant was 'He might have just started'..

And great comments about the game from Nicho on the O.S., except for, oh dear, one unforgiveable thing: he said 'snuck' (non-standard U.S.) instead of 'sneaked' (standard British).. :(

No, actually, he's doing such a great job in all the circumstances, I'll forgive him even that.. :bow:

Happy New Year to him and the lads. Roll on next Saturday.. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

"I should be more forgiving of people typing quickly in the holiday season, but I'm in a pedantic mood. What you meant was 'He might have just started'.."

No I meant what I said!! if he had scored the winner he might of got himself in the managers plans for Saturday with no Bliss and nobody knowing for sure if Reid will still be about he is the only recognised forward I'm the squad