Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Post by Goody2514 »

After the game on boxing day, can we be optimistic of getting some kind of result up the road? The confidence must be high, I think a draw would be a good result, certainly 4 points we wouldn't of expected to get from these two games a couple of weeks ago.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

No, I don't think so, not with our away record. Thus:
Forest Green Rovers (2) 3
Torquay United (0) 1

Att: 2661.
Hovey88
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by Hovey88 »

Yer I reckon mate .. gulls 2-1 winners
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

FGR 6 Torquay 0
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Forest Green are not the team they were a year ago. They are on the way down. The benefits of their previous manager Adrian Pennock's work have all but dissipated, and their current manager Mark Cooper hasn't a clue; his team selection for the Plainmoor game proved that. He'll put out a defensive formation on Sunday, so both teams will score fewer goals.

Yes FGR are still a good footballing team, but it takes more than pretty football to compete with the best. The Gulls currently have what it takes, so they'll come away with all three points on Sunday: FGR 1, Gulls 2..

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I might decide to go on just thinking at the moment! :keepie:
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Ill be there and also taking the family. Looking forward to another great game, although as gullscorer has said, it wont be a 7 goal thriller.
Prediction - 1 - 1. Attendance - 2163.
Burrito Bandito
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Burrito Bandito »

Is Gilbert allowed to go this time?
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

Never been to forest green before, any tips on where to park????
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, Mr. Burrito - send GILBERT there at once!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Goody2514 wrote:Never been to forest green before, any tips on where to park????
I went in their free car park last time. It was a Tuesday night, though, but a decent sized crowd. Particularly in our end. Up the long hill approach usually has a few spaces spare, although they may have put restrictions on that approach, I don't know.

Looking forward to our 5-4 win.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

There are two car parks at Forest Green. Both are chargeable. not sure where RJC70 went or when he went because I don't remember a free car park. as i was talking to lizzy at FGR yesterday i asked as it happens about car parking. They charge £4 so she says. there is one car park by the away end which is also close to the ticket office for those who need to pick up tickets. but far enough away from the Badger setts where they cultivate the burgers lol.
there is only one main road into FGR. but there is a rear entry and exit via Frocester Hill or Uley/Dursley direction which is ok for cars but a bir narrow for coaches. It will come from the top of the hill and FGR will be on the right about the first thing you will see on approach to Forest Green. for those going the Main road way you turn right on coming from the Stroud direction. turn right at the Mini roundabout in Nailsworth go right up the hill near enough to the top of the hill and FGR will be on your left. There is no parking on the estate these days as cones are put out and the Police will book you if you ignore the parking restrictions. you can park further down the hill in among the residential area but its a long climb to the ground. There is a bus service to the top if you want to find somewhere to park downhill. Last bus down is around 5:38pm but only goes to Stroud. Trains will take you to Gloucester where you can change for Torquay. for those traveling by train. the train leaves Paignton at 09:38 and gets into Stroud at 14:03. But you will need a taxi to get to the ground. which is about 8 or 9 miles distant. plus its bank holiday so expensive. But the last bus is 17:38 so you can get back to the station the bus gets into Stroud merriwalks (by the cinema and a short but you need to be Quick walk to the station) the train leaves at 18:04 and that is the last train to Gloucester in time to catch a train to Paignton without being an overnight journey with long waits at cold stations. ( for those wondering. You can walk to the lifts by the shops. take it to 2nd floor and walk through the precinct. there are no shops to walk through and no doors barring the way into the centre.) if you ask the driver nicely he might let you off a couple of hundred yards before the bus station so all you have to do is cross the road and walk up the hill to the right of the bus. and then cross the road by the roundabout where it points to the car park. the entrance to the station and the gloucester Bound platform is on that side then and you should have a minute or two spare to get the train. although if you ask really nicely some of the fans going through stroud might be able to give you a lift from the station to FGR and back. hope this is helpful.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goody2514 »

Thank you!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Cheers Gloster. Very helpful. A gravel one furthest from the main entrance was where I went last season. I must have paid for it, then.