Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I maintain that our best chance of blocking this deal is to turn our attention to the National League given that it is subject to their approval.

At the very least we can bombard the NL twitter channel so that they take notice of the fans whilst the supporters club take on official lines?

I've started with this:

I hope the @TheNationalLge and @England FA are playing very close attention to the shady takeover dealings at @TUFC1899 #heist #saveourclub
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

If we ever moved I feel so ashamed that Bristows bench will be scrap. Gi are sharks . They will say nothing much or fill us with rubbish . If nicho gos then I hope he finds a job elsewhere and get treated better. I won't spend another penny at tufc if it's just for crooks. my God what we would do to have bateson days back. Sacking ling another shambles. Have we ever been owned by non fans ....yes dave webb and look how that went.
Thegulls1981
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Thegulls1981 »

Don't forgot the Roberts days...
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Property developers are predators, vultures who prey on the vulnerable and desperate (and often the stupid and careless). I acted for a few of these bastards when in practice as an accountant, until my moral conscience kicked in. The classic manoeuvre is to identify owners of potential development land who are struggling for money, usually businesses, and offer them "help and support", often through an intermediary. They lend money to the landowner in the guise of a business angel, secured of course because "that's what we have to do". A few months later they take possession. To my shame I acted for a complete bastard who did this to a business in Exeter owned by a man who was desperate for cash. I got out soon after to become a lecturer, couldn't live with myself.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

If possible could someone post template letters of protest to the National League and Torbay Council, so that hundreds of letters can be easily sent .
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Property developers are predators, vultures who prey on the vulnerable and desperate (and often the stupid and careless). I acted for a few of these bastards when in practice as an accountant, until my moral conscience kicked in. The classic manoeuvre is to identify owners of potential development land who are struggling for money, usually businesses, and offer them "help and support", often through an intermediary. They lend money to the landowner in the guise of a business angel, secured of course because "that's what we have to do". A few months later they take possession. To my shame I acted for a complete bastard who did this to a business in Exeter owned by a man who was desperate for cash. I got out soon after to become a lecturer, couldn't live with myself.
I once worked many years for a high street bank. As a customer advisor my job was to lend as much money to jo bloggs and for each thousand lent I got points which reflected my bonus. I soon got out it felt wrong It felt morally wrong. I actually felt dreadfully for the customers who I knew were getting in financial shit because I was offering money they couldn't pay back. This gi lot won't give too hoots about us that's why they have been successfull. The moment we took there money we jumped in bed with the devil and now we are shafted. I wish the board made this more public at the time , I'm afraid the only saviour would be a knight in shining armour . I've longed for years for a fa cup tie at old Trafford or a million pound cash sale for a player. NOT NOW , the football side of it would see bugger all of it ...

I'm gutted and I prey I'm wrong
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Be aware that the Mayor has had a lot of his powers withdrawn - decisions like this would need to go through Full Council.
The angle should be that the Mayor or the Council would not only be selling out the Football Club and its fans but effectively shearing the local businesses of millions that come into the Bay on the back of TUFC.

Goodluckgull - great idea
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thegulls1981 wrote:Don't forgot the Roberts days...
I fear Boxing Day could well end up in a similar vein to the Boxing Day under Roberts against MK. Protests, in-fighting etc, and if Rob Stanley has been suspended, who from the club is going to take charge of the situation?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I accept it's unlikely to be for real this time but I do comfort myself with a Mr Distance scenario in time. The one thing we have is that we were a league club . The English League is held in massive esteem throughout the world and in time I do think this world wide ownership pattern will actually occur

Mr Distance if you are out there if you can get 300k to me in Tavistock this morning I am very happy to act on your behalf!
Mrdistance
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan. Moore

Post by Mrdistance »

To every one out there we have sent a letter in the last hour to the. Herald. Express , outlining our side of events . I know some of you think I am some one else , I am a football consultant who was asked by the club to find a investor I started in October and did what I could , I do not live near. Torquay and my only connection is that I was with another football club and.visited when both were in football league . Please look out in the paper for our side of events

Thank. You
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

That's assuming those at HE don't spill their tea and biscuits over it making it unreadable!
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

So we all write a letter to the national league. And we get our wish Gi is not allowed to buy our club. Ok fine then what? We get put into administration. The administrators fail to find anyone else to buy the club. What do you all think is going to happen then. Oh hang on sorry I forgot our Chinese investors will save us. Dream on.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Mrdistance wrote:To every one out there we have sent a letter in the last hour to the. Herald. Express , outlining our side of events . I know some of you think I am some one else , I am a football consultant who was asked by the club to find a investor I started in October and did what I could , I do not live near. Torquay and my only connection is that I was with another football club and.visited when both were in football league . Please look out in the paper for our side of events

Thank. You
Just an idea. But could you contact TUST. Maybe a phone call, if you want to remain private withold your number. Then that may go someway to verify your authenticity. Dont take it personally but we have had many odd threads and contributors on here so we are suspicious.
TUST MEMBER
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

all makes interesting reading, with the new owners you can only judge them on what they say and do and as nothing has actually happened yet. i would suggest people bare this in mind, if then it becomes clear their intentions are not in the best interests of the fans and club then we can voice our opinion and concerns.

i have to agree Phillips is a disgrace and a coward, a snake who is in it soley for himself, that is one thing that is clear. i do believe nicho will be relieved of his duties and someone new will come in which doesn't really bother me.

hopefully if someone else comes in he might have connections with a goalscorer which we currently don't have.

is it such a bad thing selling the ground and relocating? be good to hear peoples thoughts on this
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Dazza wrote:I accept it's unlikely to be for real this time but I do comfort myself with a Mr Distance scenario in time. The one thing we have is that we were a league club . The English League is held in massive esteem throughout the world and in time I do think this world wide ownership pattern will actually occur

Mr Distance if you are out there if you can get 300k to me in Tavistock this morning I am very happy to act on your behalf!
Dazza what happened to the £87,000 the group you were talking about raised?

Any chance they would be willing to invest this in TUST's community share pre-issue?

http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/pre-issue
Last edited by Jerry on 20 Dec 2016, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.