Dagenham v Torquay 29/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Fantastic result. I'm being negative more often!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ooh no not another Wivell gull lover
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well, I need one because we seem to have lost brucie......but wait! Who's this coming up on the rails? Yes, it's the greatest name since bert.....GiveGilbertAGame....fabulous stuff.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Jeff wrote:Love it when this happens. On Saturday some of the usual suspects were calling for Nico's head because we lost narrowly on the road to one of the promotion favourites.

Fast forward a couple of days and we've now on at - !: I believe completed a double over? - one of the other favourites.

The level of hysteria behind some TUFC fans is beyond comprehension. Nico isn't the best manager in the world by any stretch, he has made mistakes but he is doing a great job for the club and results like tonight show this.

Great result from a tough fixture, hopefully we can use this to springboard into some mid table-safe form
Who was calling for his head?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jeff wrote:Love it when this happens. On Saturday some of the usual suspects were calling for Nico's head because we lost narrowly on the road to one of the promotion favourites.

Fast forward a couple of days and we've now on at - !: I believe completed a double over? - one of the other favourites.

The level of hysteria behind some TUFC fans is beyond comprehension. Nico isn't the best manager in the world by any stretch, he has made mistakes but he is doing a great job for the club and results like tonight show this.

Great result from a tough fixture, hopefully we can use this to springboard into some mid table-safe form
:goodpost: Great"""
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Cracking result tonight - further proof that Nico is doing a bloody good job under the circumstances.

Yeah, we lose games and it is all doom and gloom when we do, but we've got enough in us to grind out results and I think we will be mid table at the end of this season, hopefully giving Nico a chance to use it as a springboard to big things next season.

Let's just hope all the behind the scenes crap gets sorted soon!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Like many others, did not see that coming. I suppose that's the joy of supporting Torquay. If only we can be more consistent. If we are unable to keep Moore ( why would forest green extend the loan, with his current form), we all owe him a drink. Just a shame we have 2.5 weeks before our next league match. Anyway well done all at the club
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well according to the match report on the OS we play York on Saturday, and the BBC have us playing Woking.
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Can't believe the BBC (Press Association) match report: 'In the second half the hosts remained dominant'. What? Dominant? They had their moments, certainly. But dominant? Must have been watching a different game..
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

York. Surely the lads won't be driving themselves for this one!!
TUST member 200 ;-)
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

:goodpost: That's the nature of social media.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Is it the nature more of football fans compared with other sports fans? I.E., if you are an F1 fan and your team/driver has a bad race, do you write them off and presume the management don't know what they're doing? Also, when at races, all the fans are in there together (Ferrari, Williams, etc etc) and everyone gets on really well. Similarly, with tennis and especially sports such as athletics. If a runner (for example) has a poor run, the fans don't necessarily just write them off, and definitely don't rant on internet forums implying they know more than the managers.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Excellent and well deserved win. Last half hour we were well on top and should have scored at least three. I think the BBC reporter must have left at half time. Usual excellent support (106) especially once the bus arrived. It was freezing!
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Excellent result last night. So pleased for all at club especially the manager who is doing a good job in very difficult circumstances.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well said Jeff.
:goodpost:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468