Dagenham v Torquay 29/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Dagenham v Torquay 29/11/16

Post by lucy6lucy »

So as the players car convoy depart for London for the ultimate pre-match preparations, I hear some say Dagenham are in free fall at the moment. We could only dream of being 5 points of top spot with a game in hand and accused of being out of form. A draw would be the best we can hope for. I hope the players on the bench are doing the driving. This is a tough match and will require an organised defence and midfield, which sadly lacked on Saturday. I feel this will be a 2-0 defeat. I really do feel for Nicholson, his match preparations gone.
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Sorry, everyone, but with our away form so bad at the moment I can't see anything but a defeat. Thus:

Dagenham & Redbridge (2) 4
Torquay United (0) 1

Att: 1266
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Thick frost in Essex this morning and still below zero. However sun is shining and it will thaw soon. Forecast to reach 5 degrees.
Forecast 0 degrees in Dagenham tonight so I think it should be Ok for match to go ahead but worth checking.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So the players are off to the match in cars and minibus again because the coach driver was taken ill yesterday and the club couldn't find an alternative driver/coach at such short notice. Obviously we wish the driver a speedy recovery, but you get the feeling this kind of thing could only happen to Torquay United.. :(
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Maybe if they paid their bills then they could have travelled with the previous company they used
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

I'm afraid I lost my positive hat in the away end at Tranmere on Saturday. Think we'll lose by two or three tonight. Really hope I'm proved wrong.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote:So the players are off to the match in cars and minibus again because the coach driver was taken ill yesterday and the club couldn't find an alternative driver/coach at such short notice. Obviously we wish the driver a speedy recovery, but you get the feeling this kind of thing could only happen to Torquay United.. :(
Are they trying to tell us that the coach company has only one driver or that they have no stand ins. sounds a bit tin pot to me. I know they are always trying to cut costs like our football club, but really only one driver to pick from.Unbelievable.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

No, Glostergull, very believable!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Radio commentary - Gulls playing well. However commentators speculating on game being abandoned due to frozen pitch. COYY!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

unfortunatly Gateman. but we bleed the yellow so have to suffer it as well.
I see Brendan moore had saved another sure goal again. so if he drops one i hope some who would normally have a go ease off. just hope he stays with us. but i have my doubts.
we seem to be holding our own tonight. long may that continue and may we not concede a goal

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

so we go in level at half time. with what sounded like an encouraging performance. can we keep this us.? i hope so. cooooommmmeeee ooonnnnn yooooooo yyeeeelllloooowwssss.. cccooommmeee oooonnnnn ttthhhheeee gggguuuulllllsssssss

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

GOALLLLLLLL
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Sounds like we could of had a few tonight and as I type this Sparkes has a goal disallowed! Hold on we need this!
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

This is the best I've heard us play for a long long time. We really deserve something here.