Can we raise £400,000. Yes or No?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

How so?
TUST number 080
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

hector wrote:The club do not want to sell to fans, so whether it is £40 or £400,000 it won't make any difference. If they won't deal with TUST what makes anyone think they will deal with another random group of fans?

Peter Masters/GI have got their claws in too deeply for the club to have any say in how the future goes. They are clearly not going to be able to repay GI's loan, so it is GI who have the club to do with as they please.

Supporters should divert their energy to ensuring that the council protect the future of football in this town by refusing to sell the freehold when GI/Masters start coming along with their emotional blackmail.
Disagree and agree for different reasons :)

Im sure they would sell the club to TUST IF it had the money.

If GI get the club, mmmmmmm decisions decisions, because IF were to mobilize and stop them taking the freehold they would just wind the club down, which I think they will do anyway even if they get the freehold, I know some of you disagree with that. So its a lose lose in my opinion.

As for contributing to the crowdfunder, havnt a clue who this guy is who started it, never met him, but know he rants on here a bit too much for me to have any respect for him, so no I would not contribute. It seemed like a stunt just to prove his theory right, so I would take no part in that. IF TUST were to do something similar then yes.
TUST MEMBER
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

nickbrod wrote:Could the takeover by GI be as soon as tomorrow?

If rumours are to be believed apparently so. Cant say anything they are doing up there shocks me any more. Is it true that GI and Truro chairman Pete Masters have done a "swap projects" deal though and Masters could end up with TUFC instead and GI get Truro with their ground and property development scheme.

If GI take over I wouldnt be at all surprised to see the current board staying on, so the run it into the ground shenanigans will continue and it will all play right into the property developers hands as they planned all along no doubt.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Neal wrote: Disagree and agree for different reasons :)

Im sure they would sell the club to TUST IF it had the money.

If GI get the club, mmmmmmm decisions decisions, because IF were to mobilize and stop them taking the freehold they would just wind the club down, which I think they will do anyway even if they get the freehold, I know some of you disagree with that. So its a lose lose in my opinion.

As for contributing to the crowdfunder, havnt a clue who this guy is who started it, never met him, but know he rants on here a bit too much for me to have any respect for him, so no I would not contribute. It seemed like a stunt just to prove his theory right, so I would take no part in that. IF TUST were to do something similar then yes.
This is the difficult bit. TUST at the moment do not have the money. The idea is that if given the opportunity they would do a community share issue to generate the money. I get the feeling that the board are using finances as an excuse as they don't want another group of fans coming in and doing a better job than they have done, they would rather sell to an outsider with money (supposedly) (Masters) or an outside company (GI).
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

TUST do not have the money at the moment but they feasibly could have raised the necessary sum if, like we have seen at other clubs, some smaller than us, the green light had been given (say a year ago) to TUST ultimately taking over.

If the club and press had been behind a TUST bid, then it is unlikely the fanbase would be split on the issue.

However, people are not going to seriously get behind a TUST bid when the club - it's strings being pulled by Masters/GI - act and say in a negative way towards TUST.

Torquay United in its current guise is pretty much gone. The ground is essential to all interested parties. It is essential to GI because they want to profit from it and a site without a football club would be worth a great deal more.

The ground is essential to the supporters of TUFC because whatever comes next - because I'm sure there would be a phoenix club of some description - it needs somewhere to play. A phoenix club playing at Plainmoor would have a much better chance of success and progression than one playing at Milber or Buckland.

Funnily enough, we have a scenario that is a little bit like when the Bristows bought the wooodland on the back road to Kingskerswell. Developers were interested for likely dubious reasons but the woodland was bought to safeguard an area of beauty and to make it useful for outdoor activities for cubs/scouts.

Likewise, with Plainmoor, there are lifetimes of memories for thousands of people tied up in that little rectangular patch of land and the council should be mindful of trashing that to make a little bit of money so that property developers can make hell of a lot more.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

hector wrote:TUST do not have the money at the moment but they feasibly could have raised the necessary sum if, like we have seen at other clubs, some smaller than us, the green light had been given (say a year ago) to TUST ultimately taking over.

If the club and press had been behind a TUST bid, then it is unlikely the fanbase would be split on the issue.

However, people are not going to seriously get behind a TUST bid when the club - it's strings being pulled by Masters/GI - act and say in a negative way towards TUST.

Torquay United in its current guise is pretty much gone. The ground is essential to all interested parties. It is essential to GI because they want to profit from it and a site without a football club would be worth a great deal more.

The ground is essential to the supporters of TUFC because whatever comes next - because I'm sure there would be a phoenix club of some description - it needs somewhere to play. A phoenix club playing at Plainmoor would have a much better chance of success and progression than one playing at Milber or Buckland.

Funnily enough, we have a scenario that is a little bit like when the Bristows bought the wooodland on the back road to Kingskerswell. Developers were interested for likely dubious reasons but the woodland was bought to safeguard an area of beauty and to make it useful for outdoor activities for cubs/scouts.

Likewise, with Plainmoor, there are lifetimes of memories for thousands of people tied up in that little rectangular patch of land and the council should be mindful of trashing that to make a little bit of money so that property developers can make hell of a lot more.
:goodpost:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just an update on my email to TUST on Friday evening as suggested by Jerry
Michael at TUST has confirmed what most of us know that 4 times in the last 18 months TUST have put forward a proposal for community ownership and on each occasion the proposal has been rejected. The last 2 proposals were rejected by the current Board.
Although the Club is for sale, for reasons known only to the Directors, it is NOT for sale to the Supporters. This is despite the fact that there are numerous examples of successful community ownership by clubs of a similar size to TUFC>
The most recent proposal by TUST was rejected by the Directors who refused to grant TUST a period of exclusivity while TUST did the necessary fundraising.
The Board clearly did not want to commit to TUST in case they received a better offer.
So as things stand we the fans can only hope that todays news of a potential deal with a Midlands consortium is the real deal. Time is running out fast.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Never mind buying the club let's buy Keffier instead.!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Well now everyone has the chance to show how willing they are to commit money to the cause of TUFC. The TUST are selling a community share pre-issue at £100 a share. Now is your chance to prove Matt right or wrong. Will we walk the walk, or are we all mouth?
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Already signed up and paid for my pre issue shares. Took some flack from certain people over my unwillingness to commit to Matts idea but as said you now have the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Well said. I'm in.

Join TUST. Dream in yellow :scarf:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 03 Dec 2016, 12:41 Well now everyone has the chance to show how willing they are to commit money to the cause of TUFC. The TUST are selling a community share pre-issue at £100 a share. Now is your chance to prove Matt right or wrong. Will we walk the walk, or are we all mouth?
Looks like we were all mouth.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Regretfully have to agree. Have to admit was surprised how few actually did contribute bearing in mind it was only £100 minimum. Am awaiting a suitable sarcastic comment from Matt !
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 09 Jan 2017, 18:57 Looks like we were all mouth.
Yep. The fact that out of a membership of over 400 only 19 people contributed to this is frankly pretty embarrassing! Much wailing and nashing of teeth over GI's ownership but when it comes to actually committing to doing something there seems to be a deafening silence. I guess people just don't care enough.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Well I handed over my money, disappointed at the overall response.
TUST number 080