Fans Forum-TONIGHT. Doors open 6pm for 7pm start

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Apparently he was joking. I await the Youtube upload with interest!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Louis wrote:Lovely way to talk about caring fans that pay the bills.
I get the impression that's all he sees though, the fans are just cash cows.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Perhaps it was a mistake for the club to so prominently say they would upload an unedited video of the forum.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Baring in mind the meeting seemed to last about 2 hours are many people even going to watch it? Especially since there didn't actually seem to be any news...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Lifted from elsewhere, from Andy C, Philgull.

1. Board confirm GI will takeover shares end of Jan if new owners arent sorted
2. Board say interested parties do not want to redevelop Plainmoor
3. Two firm offers on the table say board, waiting on 2 other parties by next week
4. Club seem confident that offers on table now mean GI won't get involved.
5. Club say one of the buyers has given proof of funds. But lots of q's about what they'll spend it on which board can't answer
6. Apparently the Welsh FA tried to sue us for €47,000 euros. What?
7. A player called Connor Hughes who we took on a youth scholarship. Some Welsh team put in a claim against us. €47,000 euros
8. Angus money is in two instalments. Second one in January
9. If Leeds United get promoted in next two years, Torquay get 20% of Eunan O'Kane deal. Bournemouth turned down 500k for Eunan. Eddie Howe wanted a million. Club says in the end Eunan was "given away"
10. Nicho on Brett Williams: his work ethic wasn't good enough. But he's improved recently

13. Nicho on the minibus: my call, would rather spend money on hotel than coach

Nicho making a speech

Others saying Torquay will get 200k for O'Kane if Leeds are promoted in next two seasons.

14. Nicho: we have done a lot of good things, but we let fear, tension and anxiety get better of us in possession
15. nicho talks about how we good team spirit was last season. Says he underestimated losses of Butler, Angus, others
16. Nicho says how some of current squad are projects. Castaways from other clubs who he's building up. He also says a lot of players turned down bigger money to stay with us
17. Nicho says he made mistake assuming team spirit would carry over from last season
18. Nicho on captaincy: young players don't immediately become captains. Angus wasn't a captain at first. Courtney can become a leader
19. Fitness has nothingc to do with second half performances
20. We can't afford free players
21. Nicho's speech over. Just says Durrell Berry will spend time at Truro on non contract terms. Says we need to raise money to sign him
22. Questions about Danny Racchi. (No answers on Twitter)
23. Angus sell on fee is good, even if he goes for free we get something based on his market value
24. 2 or 3 new loan players possible soon, Cavendish putting them up!
25. Nicho: competition in team is good. Paul Buckle tried to get rid of me, it made me a better player. I'm not joking, he wanted me out.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 02 Nov 2016, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I don't know what points 11 and 12 were.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Remember no context at all in there - they were tweets from TUFC fans at the forum, already taken one (the keyboard warriors/whatevers the wrong way apparently.

And I find those particular numbers you mention rather unlucky...or perhaps missed them out for no particular reason!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So the current board were not capable of keeping the club on an even keel. They merely bought us borrowed time with borrowed money and made cuts everywhere, and now they are approaching the end of the line. If anyone can take credit for saving the club it is and will be the fans and supporters, by attending games and donating to the players fund. Does the board really think potential buyers will move in now to buy the club? All they have to do is wait as the price drops, and pick it up for nothing. Alternatively, knowing the club has, potentially, a great future, they will move in now and pay the price before their rivals do, and will still pick up a bargain. The TUST is not yet in a position to be able to become involved in the running of the club; the board has got it just about right there. So I remain optimistic (but only just)..
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The Board have been a disgrace in their handling of this club pretty much since they took over, however the handling of the GI affair is nothing short of gross negligence. How any of these guys managed to run a successful business is beyond me.

These negligent fools have taken a load of money off me via the players fund (I'm aware there are many that invest a lot more, and spend in other ways too), but I'm seriously contemplating withdrawing my support in this venture until we have people in charge that know what they are doing.

The ONLY reason I've got any hesitancy in stopping my money is down to my utmost belief in Nico, and the fact that he needs the support so desperately. I really hope that we get people in charge soon who share the vision Kev has for this club and actually back him. If he gets the backing, we could actually start to get somewhere again.

Whilst the current lot are in charge, we've no chance.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

My impressions after attending the forum:

1. Everyone in that room had yellow blood (in a good way) running through their veins.

2. Supporters appreciate that the monies put into the club by the board saved it and therefore avoided asking pertinent questions about their business acumen regarding recent decisions that have left the club in a precarious position.

3. Kevin Nicholson might be a novice manager but boy, does he talk a lot of sense. Any new owners should hang on to him for as long as possible.

4. The board don't like TUST. Which is a shame because for me as a fan of Punk Football buying a share in a club and in return getting part of a collective say in how it is run is a no brainer.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

If the Chairman has said what is being reported on here about forum users it shows areal lack of class.
Also whoever takes over MUST be guided by a football person/scout - there simply has to be somebody to advise them on football issues else the same mistakes will keep returning. If Nicho stays then he must work with someone he trusts to source players either locally or further afield.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Kevin Nicholson once again demonstrated he is intelligent, a man with vision, a strategic thinker, and a firm believer in his philosophy. He has stood by his guns for the entire past year. Passionate about TUFC. Who else would do the variety of jobs, commit the amount of time that he does while being paid peanuts?

Of course he must stay.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

AndyC wrote:Apparently he was joking. I await the Youtube upload with interest!
Hardly.

He was repeating what Bernard Noble had called people who post on forums. Keyboard Wankers by the way, for clarity.

That's Bernard noble, by the way, the man who runs a supporters club, calling other supporters wankers.

I found Dave Phillips tacit endorsement of this comment quite distasteful. I have been quite critical of their handling of the club so I presume I would be included in their "Wanker" list, which is a lovely way to talk about fans who have bought season tickets, shirts, scarves, pints in No 10s and until this week contributed a nit inconsiderable sum to the players fund as I have.

Unfortunately that comment appears to be a microcosm of his attitude towards the fans of the club now, and there were hints at this in the majority of his answers last night. I certainly walked away with a rather bitter taste in my mouth.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

I thought that both members of the Board who addressed the forum failed to show due respect to those who asked questions. The first speaker (ok, somewhat longwinded) was interrupted by the vice-chair; there were smirks exchanged and some dismissive responses.

Kev kept his dignity and listened actively, and importantly retained the respect of the fans.
TUST member 200 ;-)
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Kit_robin wrote: Hardly.

He was repeating what Bernard Noble had called people who post on forums. Keyboard Wankers by the way, for clarity.

That's Bernard noble, by the way, the man who runs a supporters club, calling other supporters wankers.

I found Dave Phillips tacit endorsement of this comment quite distasteful. I have been quite critical of their handling of the club so I presume I would be included in their "Wanker" list, which is a lovely way to talk about fans who have bought season tickets, shirts, scarves, pints in No 10s and until this week contributed a nit inconsiderable sum to the players fund as I have.

Unfortunately that comment appears to be a microcosm of his attitude towards the fans of the club now, and there were hints at this in the majority of his answers last night. I certainly walked away with a rather bitter taste in my mouth.
But let's face it, both Dave Phillips and Bernard Noble probably think that the internet is a goal on the half way line and a mouse is something you call in Rentokil for.

There was a lad at the back that said he trusted the Board and would invest £500 in the club. I'm not sure if I trust the Board - ask me again on 1st Feb. And I would invest £500 in the club (maybe more) but in return I would want to have a say in the running of the club by voting on the election of members of the Board.
Last edited by gullpower on 03 Nov 2016, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.