Who will succeed Angus as Captain?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Who will succeed Angus as Captain?

Post by portugull »

Courtney Richards was Captain last night against WBA.

If Courtney is not guaranteed to start will Nicho select Luke Young?

Will be interesting to see how Nicho deals with this decision.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Confirmed on OS that Richards is captain with Aman Verma as vice captain.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

AlexGulls wrote:Confirmed on OS that Richards is captain with Aman Verma as vice captain.
Whilst I am not sure it's the decision I would have made, you cannot argue with that very intelligent and well thought out endorsement by Nicho. He has clearly thought it out and I've never seen a Captain announcement given so much much detail. For all that's wrong with the club, we really do seem to have a very very good, smart and thoughtful manager.

He got an awful lot of stick for the boxes he ticked, but it seems he really does know an awful lot, and seemingly has a lot of contacts to boot!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I think many who thought a 3 year extension of kev's contract was excessive, i think this season they'll see he needs a lifetime contract!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think he's the best choice. His performances over Christmas as captain were terrific and by all accounts it was a similar case in the other games he captained. Angus rose to the challenge of extra responsibility and it looks like Courtney will do the same. As said above, it's much better management to do this than simply give it to Luke Young just because he's the best player.

Verma will probably have an important role too, because with Lathrope, Young and Chaney in the squad as well, Richards might not be in the starting line-up every week.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Like Kernowgull I am also deeply impressed with the Statement put out on the OS by Kevin Nicholson confirming his choices as Captain and Vice Captain.

I have to say this is without doubt the most eloquent Statement I have seen on the OS ever.

Huge respect for Nicho. A leader of men who leads by example.