Shaun Harrad: Fund-raiser

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Yes, they have. But my understanding is that this is by way of a loan so whether or not the deal goes through, they will want their money back. Plus a favourable interest rate, no doubt !
I really hope they are charging interest because look where this club got with Thea not doing so. This club needs to stand on its two feet regards delivering as much income as it is spending out, otherwise we will never be successful. Realistically we will never have somebody come in and buy the club and splash cash around, nor would I want it that way. We need to get back to a Bateson-esque regime whereby this club exists for the most part in the black and isn't requiring rescue packages as it is when you put yourself in such situations that you leave yourself open to asset strippers.

I am unsure if this bunch are asset strippers but given they are keeping the club alive at present we don't have much choice, all we can do is support the club and in doing so put it in a position where it is in the black as doing means any business investor, no matter their history, will bin off something that is making them a few quid.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Thate statement leaves me wondering how you organising your own budgets. That money from the season tickets has to last an awful lot longer than summer. With cutting the cost of tickets we now have a lot less coming in through the gates. so would blowing more of our season ticket sales on a more expensive player be a good move. no. I thought not. Just because we might well do better doesn't mean we will get better gates as yet. we have to deal in facts not conjecture. too many clubs have done that and are in debt. Heavily !
So If we want Harrad and I do say so advisedly as some may not. I would suggest we raise the money ourselves and not proletise that those who are wealthier than we are dip their hands in pockets. that is disingenuous. Furthermore to say dip into the season ticket money is storing up dangers for the future. but those who thinks its a good idea. good luck to you.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843