England

General chat about anything else goes here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

England

Post by Neal »

After the debacle lastnight I have decided that supporting Football is no longer something I want to do.

I have bought a season ticket for the coming season and I will attend the odd game WHEN I absolutely have nothing else to do.

The on-going sale to GI and all that surrounds that is something I want nothing to do with.

Supporting football is time consuming, costs a reasonable amount of money, is not the same as it was (for me anyway) and I can think of many things I would rather do.

The continual disappointment and lack of entertainment makes it not worth it, In fact I don't need the pain of it all.

I will devote my time to the sports I PARTICIPATE in and have control of myself, and will use the money to better effect elsewhere.

Best of luck to you all, I mean that, Ive mmmmmmm sort of enjoyed the ride, but Im getting off at this stop.
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I was exactly of this opinion after England's gutless performance in the 2010 world cup in south Africa. How could players who are paid tens of thousands of pounds to play in what sky TV tells us is the best league in the world perform with zero passion, zero talent, zero nous the second they pull on an england shirt. Some are saying our players need to play abroad, but the question is will would have them? For a few months after the 2010 tournament I did quit football completely, but like a beaten dog who returns to its master I came back, and probably will keep coming back until somebody puts me down.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Triumph (Brexit) :clap:

AND

Disaster (Euro 2016) exit :'(

A week is a long time in football

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

When you believe all the hype that surrounds the England team, you will ALWAYS end up disappointed.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Christ, can we actually stomach watching England again already :|
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Er, no. England changed their manager after Euro 2016. They should have changed most of the players too. This lot will achieve no more under the new manager than they did under the old one.

Should have appointed Paul Buckle as England manager.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

But change the players for who? These are the best English players out there. Hodgson had already introduced loads of youngsters. It just needs time and a tactically savvy and astute manager like Allardyce to bring them on.
We are what we are. The best team in the World? No, but we will still support them. As Torquay United fans we should understand this more than most!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084