The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The blind can not see, they want us all to obey like little faithful puppy dogs.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

chunkygull wrote:That was brilliant, I wonder how the Italians would vote if given a chance?
The last such poll in Italy 3 months ago revealed that 34% of Italians want to leave the EU (so a minority of the population, although a greater percentage than the percentage of the UK population who voted to leave the EU which was about 26%). A much larger number of Italians want to leave the euro, but that is a different issue altogether.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

What is becoming increasingly clear is the total irresponsibility of the leave campaign. After hoodwinking the electorate with barefaced lies, it is now clear that as the country faces break up and economic melt down they do not have a plan for going forward or have any idea of what is going to happen next
Paignton Popsider
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Paignton Popsider »

I voted to remain in the EU as did my wife but respect the outcome of this referendum. I know that the EU is not perfect but felt that we were better off in which is my choice. What is clear is that as a nation we have become very divided and Scotland looks set to go it alone and leave the UK. The xenophobia displayed by many people I spoke to was a shame and leaves me saddened. The leave campaign made four key promises which were to get the best possible trade deal for Britain, to introduce an Australian based points system for immigration, to increase funding for the NHS by £100 million per week and to protect workers rights. We need to hold them to this pledge in the years to come and perhaps from this we can reunite as a nation and prosper in the world. Lets see what happens....
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Plainmoor78 wrote:What is becoming increasingly clear is the total irresponsibility of the leave campaign. After hoodwinking the electorate with barefaced lies, it is now clear that as the country faces break up and economic melt down they do not have a plan for going forward or have any idea of what is going to happen next
Watching the Andrew Marr show this morning would have shown you that the "remain" lot were just as bad....watch it on Iplayer and see them squirm when they are questioned about some of their promises....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Paignton Popsider wrote:The xenophobia displayed by many people I spoke to was a shame and leaves me saddened.
There are no more racists than there were on Wednesday. The referendum didn't magically turn Britons into fascists. Racists have, however, become emboldened. It's the role of everybody else to put them back under their sad, lonely rocks.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There are a lot of people chucking this racist tag around, at most people who support leave, I suppose it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside and some how morally clean, a lot are total hypocrites, and in some cases don't even know what it means, and as such, can often be racist themselves without even knowing, ever criticized the Welsh culture, check the real meaning of the word, that would make you racist.

Anyway here's a video the PC brigade could use watching.

Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: There are no more racists than there were on Wednesday. The referendum didn't magically turn Britons into fascists. Racists have, however, become emboldened. It's the role of everybody else to put them back under their sad, lonely rocks.
Agree with that 100%
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

I voted remain and have felt pretty depressed about the outcome of Thursdays vote. My partner of 10 years is Polish.

i want to make a comment about the racist argument. Not for one moment should anyone suggest that those voting out have racist views this is clearly ridiculous. However i do feel that there is a % of the population who voted out who voted that way because they think that no more foreigners will be allowed into this country and that those here will be sent back to there native country. These people a/ should never be allowed near a ballot box and b/ should be totally ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately these are the people who probably tipped the vote to out.

My girlfriend along with other european friends we have in this country now rightly or wrongly feel unwanted here and have become suspicious of the British public. This is so sad. I feel very angry about this

M
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

For those who have failed to see the elephant in the room :

There's a f*ckin' whole herd of 'em!

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Brexit blockers: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Remain: 16,141,241
Leave: 17,410,742
By a democratic vote of the people of the UK: a clear majority for 'Leave'.

‘Everyone accepted before the referendum, on both sides of the argument, that this was a once and only referendum. We cannot suddenly start talking about having a second go. There would be uproar in the country if Parliament failed to implement the will of the British people.’
Peter Bone MP

‘I think some people in politics have forgotten that we are the servants of the people and not their masters.’
Andrew Bridgen MP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-36457120
Eternal vigilance: http://www.ukipdaily.com/going-lose-country/
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/06/2 ... globalism/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Reminds me of the primary school play ground, although I don't actually think that most of us 6 year olds were that pathetic. :-/