The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dam Scott, you've took the words right out of my mouth.. :) This is the thing that bugs me, when people read what they what to read, and NOT what's actually been said. At no point in time did vote leave ever say anything about the whole £350 million going back into the NHS, it would have to be divided between the NHS, to make up for lost farming subsides, to support the fishing and steel industries etc.
Formerly known as forevertufc
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

That's weird!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Okay, they did not explicitly say they would spend the whole amount on the NHS, but come on, it's not exactly a huge leap!
And let's not forget the fact that it was a lie anyway. We do not send £50million to the EU everyday. We have what is called a rebate but is actually more like a discount. We don't send all the money to Brussels and they give us some back, we simply don't send all the money to start with.

Oh and support the Fishing industry? Farage doesn't care about the fishing industry now when he is in a position of power as an MEP on the Fisheries Committee what makes you think that will change in the future?
And who says this mythical £50million is being spent anywhere other than on pensions (the people who vote the most currently) and inner city projects (the places with the most voters). Cornwall, Wales, farmers, fishermen, they may all find themselves a hell of a lot poorer now. Lols :(
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BobBobBob »

The NHS should get at least an 18 billion a year increase in funding. And the point is that would be trivial, the money we spend on the EU is trivial. Our current government has spent so long fallaciously comparing our economy to a household budget that we believe we need to count every penny. As a result, the leave campaign were able to manipulate people into thinking 350 million pounds a week was a lot of money when it fact it is not in context. I mean it's funny because these same people are acting like it's all fine that many billions of pounds were wiped out yesterday. We have just put 30 times the yearly EU net contributions into halting the slide of the economy as a result of the vote. More will follow. More and more leave voters will regret their decision. What a time to be alive.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If fishermen and farmers are going to be so much poorer, why were so many supporting Brexit, and they were, not all, but many were, I knew both famers and fisherman, and game keeper personally, not one of them wanted to remain in the EU from the ones I know.

Forgot to add the £350 was not a lie, it was a half truth, but then both sides were guilty of that, lets look at Osbourne's threat to an emergency budget, not needed, and a lie from remain.

And the list of remain lies are being exposed by the minute, and the remain list if lies, is growing faster than vote leave, who as said were just as guilty.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Politics is a sh*tty business and war is the extension of the sh*tty business by other means.

All are in the shit.

Smell it?

It's on the front of the face for a reason.

Some don't smell it, it's gone over the head.

Some are up to their neck in it. It's really close now, smell it?

Then there are the few. Few have talked about the few including Harry 5 before the Battle of Agincourt and young Winston during the Battle of Britain.

We few, we poker face jokers, we band of sh*t stirrers wading through little sh*ts.

This story shall the good man teach his son.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

BobBobBob wrote:The NHS should get at least an 18 billion a year increase in funding. And the point is that would be trivial, the money we spend on the EU is trivial. Our current government has spent so long fallaciously comparing our economy to a household budget that we believe we need to count every penny. As a result, the leave campaign were able to manipulate people into thinking 350 million pounds a week was a lot of money when it fact it is not in context. I mean it's funny because these same people are acting like it's all fine that many billions of pounds were wiped out yesterday. We have just put 30 times the yearly EU net contributions into halting the slide of the economy as a result of the vote. More will follow. More and more leave voters will regret their decision. What a time to be alive.

The Bank of England can lend 9 times the amount they "used" yesterday to "prop up" the economy utilising a simple practice called fractional banking.

Some of you guys really are simpletons.
Dave

BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BobBobBob »

Oh dear, an Austrian.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'll be back ;-)
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Three time bob has confused the Austrian actor with the Austrian Corporal.

Only one said : "I'll be back".

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

most of us who voted out did so with the intent of putting The UK back on a proper footing. one where we have to make our own decisions and can't pass the buck to the EU when things go wrong. One where we can vote our own incompetents in or out rather than seeing them reside at our pleasure with no way of voting them in or out. and they do not have anyone to answer to
The behaviour of the EU in the last 24 hours vindicates my decision to vote out. The Bullyboy tactics that tell us get out as soon as possible no we don't want to wait for you to get out in three months or so we want to start it now.. does that sound like a democratic body. it sounds to me like throwing the toys out of the pram when they didn't get their own way.
Most of the fishermen i knew in Devon particularly wanted out. they had seen their industry and lively hoods ruined. end of. and the common agricultural policy was a joke. why pay farmers to store up mountains of food which then went to waste. we make out own stuff we eat it. no storing up loads of useless food.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

[youtube]i9cLwoTkWes[/youtube]
Dave

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

That was brilliant, I wonder how the Italians would vote if given a chance. I can see at least a few countries now putting the pressure on their governments to grant them a referendum, cant see the EU surviving long term now. If all those whining about wanting to stay in are so upset about us leaving the EU then whilst they have the chance why dont they pick a country out of the 27 and move there, trouble is we have helped prop a few of them up financially, some have very high unemployment, many arent quite as nice a country as ours in their outlook or way of thinking and a few dont have a climate that would suit. So what are all you pro EU remainers waiting for then if the EU is so wonderful?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Says exactly what myself, Gullscorer, Forever and a few others have been saying all along..............
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

[youtube]CoyM-g1DS4U[/youtube]
Dave