Sean Mcginty signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tomogull wrote:I wonder if his nickname is Paddy and he owns a goat ? Well, someone just had to say it ! For readers younger than Wivel, Paddy McGinty's Goat was a song sung by Val Doonican last century.
Haven't you read earlier comments..?? :-|
:~D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Fairly unsure on the signing but I trust in the views of Nico to pick the right player for the club. My understanding was that he was fairly highly rated at the Man Utd academy, before his indiscretions. Hopefully, we'll get the talented player and not the mess that caused him to leave.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

And Rowe turner to follow!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ROADRUNNER wrote:And Rowe turner to follow!
Good news. Always rated him.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:And Rowe turner to follow!
Seems like the budget might be wearing thin now (which is to be expected with the players already recruited and the budget provided).

Now I am confused! Rowe Turner is a left back yes? so either we have signed 2 (and have 3 on the books) or Mcginty will play as centre back?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Richinns wrote: Seems like the budget might be wearing thin now (which is to be expected with the players already recruited and the budget provided).

Now I am confused! Rowe Turner is a left back yes? so either we have signed 2 (and have 3 on the books) or Mcginty will play as centre back?!
I believe that LRT became more of a centre-back after he left. I'm pretty sure that's where he played against us a few times?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gullscorer wrote: Haven't you read earlier comments..?? :-|
:~D
Sod it - someone beat me to it ! Yes - missed previous posts. As school reports used to say 'Must pay more attention' :'(
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Jesus, LRT coming back? Not sure about that one. Very hit and miss. But I guess he's cheap and can play Left back and Centre half
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Mc D (prior to being on 9 bookings), Mcginty's previous record and remembering LRT when he was here first time.......suspect the old yellow and reds will be flowing this year!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote: Seems like the budget might be wearing thin now (which is to be expected with the players already recruited and the budget provided).

I guess McGinty will be centre-half/backup left back and LRT will be left back/backup centre-half.

Means we can play an attcking left-winger and right-back with a back three in posession and gives us extra hight at set pieces. Just need to find someone like Nicho to take all the set pieces like he used to...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I liked LRT. He was raw when he was with us but he had all the attributes to be a good player and I thought he was improving. Thought Ling was a bit hasty to release him, especially as his replacement was Tom Cruise, who was one of the more pathetic professional players we've had. Has played both left back and centre back since he left us. Always thought as he got older he would move more central, has great centre back attributes.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Sean McGinty........James Hurst MkII ?

Let's hope I'm wrong.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Reading between the lines, is McGinty the hard man we've been needing for a while?
Maidstonegull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Sean McGinty

Post by Maidstonegull »

A fresh start for Sean.
He will be a top class Centre Back .
He will give 100% and has learned from mistakes made at a young age. Let's give him a chance, be positive and instill confidence in not only Sean, but all our players this season.
Successful teams grow and prosper through developing their people and build on strengths without fear of failure.
That is how confidence is instilled and success is delivered .
JamesTUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by JamesTUFC »

I would presume, with LRT signing, that Sean will predominantly be used as a Centre Back, alongside Angus. Butler leaving is a real shame, but the squad is starting to come together really nicely now.