The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

My problem with the leave campaign group is their claims to stand up for low paid indigenous workers and the NHS. Leave are mostly hard right wing tories who despise the poor and would love nothing better than to dismantle the NHS. Now Sarah wooleston has exposed them for the liars that they are.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

And what about the leave campaigns claims over foreign criminals. Yesterday Michael gove approved the transfer of colin pitchfork to an open prison and we all know how secure they are. Pitchfork was the first person convicted on DNA evidence after he raped and murdered two 15 year old girls, the original trial judge doubted he should ever be released. So is Michael Gove suggesting that it is OK for your loved ones to be raped and murdered as long as the killer is British?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Leave are not mostly hard right Tories, there's a growing left wing movement for leave the EU as well.

http://www.labourleave.org/

The leave campaign are no more liars than remain, when leave tell you the country pays £350 million to the EU each week, that's "true" a fact that can not be disputed, of course what they leave out is the country does get back some that in a rebate, this country's net contribution to the EU each week is £176 million, yes a WEEK, £176 million a week, just to have membership of this self serving unelected rich mans club.

Remain try to scare us with half truths as well, they tell you you'll be £4,300 a week worse off, a groundless prediction for the next 15 years from the same people that have failed to get a single 3 month forecast right since god knows when, partly based on information that is 10 years out of date.

If any of the readers want to vote in, fine, it's your right, but when our country is forced to join the Euro, and god help us if that happens, just look how the Euro, and EU have destroyed Greece.

Remain are not telling you an EU army is on the way, it's in the Lisbon treaty the UK will be forced to join it, when will the EU police force come about, and our national indentity completely lost, if your happy with that fine, but don't come crying back, if remain win, Great Britain is lost forever.

EU is all about controlling the people from it's member states like sheep, if we want to be sheep and follow like one than vote remain, if you want real change, vote leave.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

JCB Chairman says;

“One thing I’m certain of is this: JCB will continue to trade with Europe, irrespective of whether we remain in or leave the EU.

"The UK is a trading nation and the fifth largest economy in the world. I am very confident that we can stand on our own two feet.

“I believe that JCB and the UK can prosper just as much outside the EU, so there is very little to fear if we do choose to leave.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/678216 ... EU-Cameron
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Remain campaign's lie's also exposed. Amazing how they try to back up their claims with all these experts, the leaders of which are either directly appointed by our government, or appointed after being recommend by our government, hardly independent.

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"

June 23rd 2016 : UKID (United Kingdom Independence Day)

I kid you not

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Just seen the odds on Betfair, safe to say this Referendum is done, for those who don't want to stay in the EU the exits can be found at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted to name but a few
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

KeithMalone wrote:Just seen the odds on Betfair, safe to say this Referendum is done, for those who don't want to stay in the EU the exits can be found at Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted to name but a few
Hi Keith, I seem to remember you were one of those who forecast we would be relegated this season. You going to have a bet on this one too..?? :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Urgent message to all British people :

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Odd's, laugh out loud indeed, Leicester City were 5000-1 to win the premier league. Odds are based on opinions as to what's might happen, not on FACT.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

forevertufc wrote:
If any of the readers want to vote in, fine, it's your right, but when our country is forced to join the Euro, and god help us if that happens, just look how the Euro, and EU have destroyed Greece.
Britain is not required to join the euro under our current terms of membership, neither are Denmark. It is new EU applicants who are obliged to adopt the euro. If Britain were to leave the EU then find they have made a disastrous mistake and seek to reenter then we will be forced to adopt the euro. So a vote to leave may actually place sterling in greater danger than staying. And don't say it will not be a disaster if we leave because you or anybody else cannot possibly forsee, good or bad, how things will turn out if we do leave.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The EU is doomed. It is a failed project. Most of its countries are in economic crisis, whilst economies in the rest of the world are growing. It's doing nothing positive about the migrant and refugee crisis, and it is drifting inexorably towards an undemocratic superstate controlled by big global corporations and capitalism. If we stay in the EU we will be dragged down with the sinking ship. But if the ship does manage to stay afloat, the UK will be forced to dismantle or privatise the NHS, education, and other public services, we will no longer be in control of our own economy, our borders, our laws, our Parliament, will be more and more under the control of unelected Commissioners. The people with the real power in the world don't want to lose it; they are trying everything to prevent a Brexit Leave vote. And if the country does have the sense to vote Leave, the Government will be instructed by that power elite to ignore the people's decision (whilst pretending to negotiate an exit). If it really does try that one, God help us all..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Plainmoor78 wrote: Britain is not required to join the euro under our current terms of membership.
Yes I'm fully aware of that, this is what I'm on about.

After 2020, all EU members will have to adopt the euro

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... -euro.html

The prime minster and his mate Osbourne, lied about tax credits and disabled benefits, and they're lying through their back teeth right now. Your being hoodwinked, don't fall for it.

This and many other things are being kept from the British public, don't be scared, the Eurozone is shrinking, the European central bank has invested in bad debt, there are dyer warnings coming out of France and Germany over their financial stability.

There's a whole world for us to trade with, and they will, we are the 5th largest economy in the world. Why do we want to tie ourselves in with the failing EU economy, it's crass supidity of the highest order.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote:The EU is doomed. It is a failed project. Most of its countries are in economic crisis, whilst economies in the rest of the world are growing. It's doing nothing positive about the migrant and refugee crisis, and it is drifting inexorably towards an undemocratic superstate controlled by big global corporations and capitalism. If we stay in the EU we will be dragged down with the sinking ship. But if the ship does manage to stay afloat, the UK will be forced to dismantle or privatise the NHS, education, and other public services, we will no longer be in control of our own economy, our borders, our laws, our Parliament, will be more and more under the control of unelected Commissioners. The people with the real power in the world don't want to lose it; they are trying everything to prevent a Brexit Leave vote. And if the country does have the sense to vote Leave, the Government will be instructed by that power elite to ignore the people's decision (whilst pretending to negotiate an exit). If it really does try that one, God help us all..
Totally agree particularly on the NHS, I've seen many scoff at the suggestion staying in the EU will threaten the NHS, but it's in T-T-I-P being discussed right now between the EU and the USA, all member sates will be forced to privatise all national monopolies, which WILL include the NHS, Christ even the spaced out, laid back Dutch are beginning to protest over T-T-I-P, it will land on our door shortly.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

forevertufc wrote:Remain try to scare us with half truths as well....

Remain are not telling you an EU army is on the way
I love how you went on about scare tactics and groundless predictions, and then wrote that without any irony. Those aren't even half truths! The UK has an opt-out from the Euro and an EU army sounds like an amusing fiction written by Armando Iannucci. "Geh nach dort!!" "Los siento pero esta guerra es estupida." "Qui est-ce nous battons?!" I'm up for that if Steve Coogan plays the German.

We've got our very own domestic threat to the NHS and they are dismantling it as I type. Michael Gove has become the poster boy for the Leave campaign and he co-wrote a book about his desire to dismantle the NHS! So yes I will definitely scoff at any suggestion that a Leave vote is FOR the NHS. It's patently absurd.

I'm disappointed in the direction the EU has moved in recent years. But it's all in line with the direction our country's politics has moved, too. We've all become unrepentant neoliberals paving the neatest path for corporations at the expense of the regular person's right to a fair life. And it's total bollocks. This referendum is a joke because we're not voting on anything tangible, we're voting on a great unknown. This entire referendum is a giant scare tactic and its main players are heartless capitalists on both sides. It doesn't matter what we vote for. We're getting neoliberal crap and we're going to have to like it.

But the EU as a construct is a perfectly fine idea. It's not red tape and bureaucrats that are the problem. It's obstructionist arseholes like Nigel Farage and UKIP who have sneaked through democracy to sit on their hands and complain from afar about rubbish. Once upon a time, democracy was about compromise. The need to compromise in today's world has never been greater in an age of migrant crises, overpopulation, food shortage, climate change and terrorism. In less than two weeks, whatever happens, Britain will be divided. Nearly half of voters will be disenfranchised. That's not a good thing.

I will cast my vote to Remain in the hope that future British generations will recall the spirit of those in the 1950s and resolve to rebuild a fair Europe for everyone.