Player sponsorship - crowdfunding

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Player sponsorship - crowdfunding

Post by bobby93 »

This year, we are trying to raise funds to sponsor a player at both Torquay United FC and Torquay United Ladies FC. This is especially important for a club like ours as the money will go straight towards manager Kevin Nicholson's playing budget in the case of the Men's team, and will cover the costs of registration, kit and equipment in the case of the Ladies. We have calculated that £450 will cover the following:

- Away sponsorship for one player at Torquay United FC
- Home and away sponsorship for one player at Torquay United Ladies FC

We started this fundraising opportunity for two reasons:
1) We want to support the club at this important time in our history, and play our part in giving both teams the best chance of success this season.
2) For many, player sponsorship is an unattainable dream. The costs are expensive for the average person and are generally stumped up by those people with businesses to promote, or others who are lucky enough to have the required amount of disposable income. Our goal is to bring people together who might only be able to contribute a small amount, but want to chip in and support the club however they can.

You can donate here: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/highwaytoheleplayer

Some important points:
- The sponsorship opportunity will be listed as 'Highway to Hele and friends' or similar where a name needs to be given (e.g. in the official programme). For obvious reasons the official programme cannot display every name of the people who donate. However, we will print all the names in each issue of Highway to Hele throughout the season as a thank you for your support.
- Should the total cost needed decrease from £450, we will transfer any leftover money to the Player Fund.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll consider making a donation, however small.

Rob Dand,
Editor, Highway to Hele fanzine

(contact us at [email protected], buy copies of the zine at www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com, or find us on Facebook/Twitter)
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular

Post by bobby93 »

Sorry to double post. A quick update:

We have just smashed the £100 barrier, leaving us with £350 to go.

Please consider chucking a fiver in, it all helps and it'll take less time than it takes to make a cup of tea.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Good one mate, doing something positive, just donanted
TUST MEMBER
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

If an American tried to do this thing would it work? When I clicked through to the site it was (unsurprisingly) all set up for your British £ things rather than American $ things.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular

Post by bobby93 »

njgull wrote:If an American tried to do this thing would it work? When I clicked through to the site it was (unsurprisingly) all set up for your British £ things rather than American $ things.
I would guess so. It probably just converts? I'm not sure to be honest and I can't find anything in the settings that I need to tweak. I'd be surprised if the site itself was not set up to deal with overseas transactions.

How far through the process did you get?

By the way, we hit £200 over the weekend. Thanks everyone who has donated so far.

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

njgull wrote:If an American tried to do this thing would it work? When I clicked through to the site it was (unsurprisingly) all set up for your British £ things rather than American $ things.
Bloody yanks.

What? :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular

Post by bobby93 »

Update 3/6

We're over halfway! Thanks so much!

Anyone else who wants to donate, now's your chance. The link is here:

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/highwaytoheleplayer

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Realised I hadn't actually replied to this, in my drive towards sarcasm.

Anyway, your credit card/bank will just convert the £ into $. Some financial places will charge you a foreign transaction fee too (which is why I chose one that doesn't do that). It's really pretty easy.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

happytorq wrote: Realised I hadn't actually replied to this, in my drive towards sarcasm.

Anyway, your credit card/bank will just convert the £ into $. Some financial places will charge you a foreign transaction fee too (which is why I chose one that doesn't do that). It's really pretty easy.
Yeah I went back and just clicked £30 which was the default donation and whatever happened happened. 30 sounded like a reasonable number. I'll trust I haven't been bankrupted.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hi NJgull. are you in New Jersey. Im coming over to the states Aug 25th. my agent said i would be landing at newark but it appears I'm actually landing at JFK but will be traveling through New Jersey by train.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Glostergull wrote:Hi NJgull. are you in New Jersey. Im coming over to the states Aug 25th. my agent said i would be landing at newark but it appears I'm actually landing at JFK but will be traveling through New Jersey by train.
Yep, I'm in New Jersey and always will be unless I win the Powerball in which case I'm moving to Monaco.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Glostergull wrote:Hi NJgull. are you in New Jersey. Im coming over to the states Aug 25th. my agent said i would be landing at newark but it appears I'm actually landing at JFK but will be traveling through New Jersey by train.
You have to go to New Jersey?

My comiserations.

njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

happytorq wrote: You have to go to New Jersey?

My comiserations.
*commiserations

New Jersey is a lovely place inhabited by people who know how to spell.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

njgull wrote: *commiserations

New Jersey is a lovely place inhabited by people who know how to spell.
Touché.

No, wait...I meant "touchy" ;-)

and actually as I was typing that I realised I thought I had it wrong, and meant to change it to 'condolences' but had already hit submit.

The weirdest thing about New Jersey is how they don't let you put petrol in your own car. I tried that once and the little dude basically started shouting at me.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ahh so good old fashioned service is still alive in New Jersey then. may take a trip to see. put the kettle on NJGULL
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843