Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Only problem with theory above is that perhaps many supporters will have been prevented from losing interest because they went and bought the cheap season tickets on the crest of the goodwill wave after staying up.
SBG

Post by SBG »

Blimey that takes me back to my childhood and my Mum ( God Bless her) putting me to bed to

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
So Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt Fuzzy Wuz he

I'd forgotton that for almost 30 years until it cropped up in this post.

Sorry if we are off topic
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

From the OS:

Torquay United are delighted to announce that Kevin Nicholson has signed a 3 year contract to remain as player-manager with the club. Kevin will also have an increased budget to work with next season.
Assistant manager Robbie Herrera and physio Gareth Law are also set to stay as part of Kevin’s backroom staff.
The club can confirm that TUFC remains under the control of the present owners but we remain hopeful that a positive statement regarding prospective new owners will be made by the end of May.
The club can also confirm that it is not currently in any discussions with former Torquay United Head of Youth Geoff Harrop regarding joining the club in the near future.

Looks like Harrop simply has a big mouth! Delighted with this news.
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Excellent news! :clap:
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Anyone seen this from the Yeovil website?
http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/geoff- ... 99217.aspx?
Clive205
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by Clive205 »

"Despite Nicholson proving the doubters wrong it will soon be confirmed that Harrop will take over as Manager."

How soon is 'soon' then?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, it was a totally unbelievable notion, wasn't it.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

SG you have proven to be right all season, I look out for your posts as I belive them to be facts rather than rumours.
I truley believe you when you said harrop was set to take charge, and single handedly you got the word out there and it spread all across social media.
You prvented it from happening and for that, I thank you, because I can now start looking forward to next season!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Frankly, even if SG was just plain wrong, I'm quite glad he was. It's far more important for the lack of Harrop than SG getting something wrong.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
cider-gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by cider-gull »

I feel a potential major catastrophe has been averted as a result of this post and forevertufc's image of Harrop's arm waving antics from the dugout reinforced this feeling. I was aware that Harrop had made the claim of being our next manager but could anyone let me know how this entered the public domain, mainly through personal interest?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Did Harrop ever say he wanted the job? Or was it just the soothsayers on this forum trying to cook up a conspiracy theory? As for SG's intervention with this thread adverting that scenario, well believe what you like. Wasn't Nico talking to the perspective new owners before this thread started?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

The 'rumours' started when Geoff harrop started attending our home matches on a regular basis & watching from the Directors Box.He's currently Academy Manager at Yeovil Town, so it didn't make sense that he'd be scouting for them in that capacity. Some said that he'd told them he was going to be our next manager, & that was also reported on here by SG & elsewhere by another person who's not often wrong. Then the Don't Sack Nicho campaign got under way. I've been told that he was asking academy footballers at Yeovil if they wanted to transfer to Torquay. It's all hearsay, read what truth into it that you like. The Club has said that he's not currently involved in discussions (current as of last week, now it's this week :things can change) & Yeovil have said he's not going anywhere. I believe Geoff's wife is related to someone in the GI set-up.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066