nicholson for forest green

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fred disley

nicholson for forest green

Post by fred disley »

Anyone who sees Nicholson programming Forest greens ground address into his sat nav please let his tyres down.
To assume he will not get any alternative offers this summer would be naïve.
As usual with Torquay there is always something that crops up that prevents us planning fully for the new season to come, whether it be owners leaving, potential owners arriving .Wouldn't it be original for us to have a manager and nucleus of a team in place for next season prior to that season starting or in our case half over.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

On BTPIR they suggest that Lincoln are interested in his services.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If nico were to go to FGR I would wish him the best of luck. After what he has done for us he deserves a crack at the top with a decent budget. Anyway when he was appointed it seemed like the majority on here couldn't wait to see the back of him. Should be careful what you wish for.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

FGR would be a good move for him. I don't see Lincoln or Aldershot offering a deal that makes relocating his family worthwhile, unless he has no offers from closer to home. We should be in prime position to secure him to a new contract, and if we lose out on him it would be a devastating loss.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I'm sure there are a few clubs interested in his services but the only way they are going to get him is if we don't offer him anything. Assuming we don't take the piss and literally offer him peanuts he will be our manager for the foreseable.
Nothing I have seen or heard suggests Nicho wants to do anything other than manage Torquay United for the rest of days.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Aldershot are the most likely if he doesn't commit to us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

SG

Is this from the same source that informed you of Harrop becoming our Manager?
Very worrying if Nico were to leave now.

And yes I was very concerned on his appointment but happy to eat humble pie.
Dan_gulls
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Dan_gulls »

Best of luck if you go to forest green
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nico wants to stay here and if he gets the required assurances I'm sure he will. Hopefully one particular mans aspirations don't get in the way.

I'm sure Aldershot would love to see him become available and if he did they would be a good fit for him. FGR will be looking for a more experienced manager.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

nico always wanted to manage torquay and i dont think for one minute he will leave. he has asettled family life down here and unless he is forced out then i dont think he is going anywhere.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:nico always wanted to manage torquay and i dont think for one minute he will leave. he has asettled family life down here and unless he is forced out then i dont think he is going anywhere.
I'm not even sure he would take a job manaing another team if he doesn't get the Torquay job permanently. I get the feeling he is actually happy living in the bay and would rather a different career than move.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Nicho is going nowhere. He is Torquay through and through.
Lucy
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Nicho is a fan and won't (Imo) be going anywhere, he has real potential and I am a big fan of him, (see my subject "Great appointment) he has yet to really prove for sure that he has what it takes, why would he risk the backing of TUFC and take a job somewhere else just yet? He is young and should not rush. Good things will come to him that is for sure, we fans have seen what he can do and look forward to him continuing cutting his teeth here.