Latest Film You've Seen

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
Watched it last night with Mrs Beard.
I've said X's many that remakes/follow up films (ie Rocky 23-the pensioner hits back etc) are almost universally utter bilge and as a rule I wont give them the time of day, (along with films that are massively overhyped, the last example being GRAVITY starring Sandra Bullock, the biggest pile of pap I've seen for a long time!).
Well this one didn't disappoint.
It's shat! :-/
:goodpost:

Added in 21 hours 25 minutes :
Coming soon: Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, Jim Broadbent, Christopher Walken, in the Feel-good Film of the Year:
EDDIE THE EAGLE ...A Five-star Triumph.....!!!!!
[youtube]CATCSEoeG_c[/youtube]
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

JOHN WICK

Yet another pile of puerile pap! 0/10
:-/
Last edited by EmetEdadsBeard on 03 Apr 2016, 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Brilliant film.

By the way, it's puerile ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice I should have been just as excited about this as I was for Star Wars but I wasnt, I read bad reviews and snide comments, plus the trailers made the film look very dark, dour and brooding, which it was but in a good way. It was a bit tough to get through as it was long but tense. Being a superhero/comic book nerd I spotted about 5 different well known comice story plots which largely made up the story of the film, plus a few nice little nods to a few famous moments also.

Having grown up with the brilliant Christopher Reeve films it is a bit strange seeing Superman so dark a bit humourless, very serious and not neccessarily the feel good hero to everybody, I even liked Superman Returns which deserved better credit and followed on in the same vein as 1 and 2. The 90's Batmans were a bit dark then darker, then daft, then dafter, then the noughties Batman fims were dark again, then really dark. Man of Steel was Superman for grown ups and quite dark again if not a little bit shocking in places. But nothing like this one.

The main sell of this film is obviously having arguably the greatest, most famous, most popular comic characters on the screen together for the first time, although its happened many times in comics or animations this is different, to have these titans in a film is a big deal.

Its not disappointing at all, I do like this modern twist on the characters, Superman is very stiff and almost unsure of himself, still finding his way, Batman is an old hand, been there, seen it done it all, very cynical to boot. I rated Henry Cavill very much in Man Of Steel, he looked the part and had Superman nailed, but this film belongs to Ben Afflecks brilliant portrayal of Batman, I was sceptical but his is the best incarnation of the character and Bruce Wayne that I have seen. 8/10

The complaint I have is that the film is long yes, but it is very rushed, the story should have been spread and nurtured over two films, DC are so desperate to get Justice League off the ground as quickly as possible to rival Marvels Avengers that they almost ruined this, there is so much content crammed in, but there should have been more to build things up to where it is going, it was too contrived and only just made sense, some bits were a bit nonsensical because they were rushed, it has left us one film too short which will save us money yes, but it is a shame. This is still a good film and a blockbuster none the less.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:Brilliant film.

By the way, it's puerile ;-)
Sorry Dave, but it isn't. It's just the cack 'actor' that is Keanu Reeves enacting out a crap video game where he shoots once and kills several people while the other 'professional assassins' shoot 100's of times and continually miss him.

It's utter shat 9and mrs beard agrees and that doesn't happen often....... :-/ )
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The fact she agrees shows you are totally wrong :-D

Bring on John Wick 2 ;-)
Dave

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Is John Wick the film where he is a former hitman, a couple of low lifes burgle him after a run in, they kill his dog, he seeks revenge and it turns out the thugs are connected to his old boss or something.

If so,it was quite good (for a Keanu Reeves film).
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That's the one mate.
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

chunkygull wrote:Is John Wick the film where he is a former hitman, a couple of low lifes burgle him after a run in, they kill his dog, he seeks revenge and it turns out the thugs are connected to his old boss or something.

If so,it was quite good (for a Keanu Reeves film).
No point in watching that one now then.... :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

:Oops: It tells you all that in the info write up anyway, honest. :|
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Scott Brehaut wrote: No point in watching that one now then.... :)
Don't anyway Scott, it's 2 hours of your life you will never get back.
Read a book, go for a walk, go to the pub, anything but do not watch this film. :-/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

You could always waste your time telling everyone how shit Moeen Ali is at cricket :-D
Dave

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:You could always waste your time telling everyone how sh*t Moeen Ali is at cricket :-D
The truth is often painful my friend.............. :-/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Google is your friend. Maybe it's some other search engine.

Sometimes I type in a question and sometimes I type in a statement.

Either way, up pops a shipload of links.

One day I typed in "watch movies free online". Up popped a shipload of links.

I use an adblocker and it eliminates a number of hoops to jump through before getting to the free movies.

Recent movies I've watched on line for free include Dads Army, Dirty Grandpa, and The Brothers Grimsby.

:lol:

:clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"