Assets of Community Value: Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

I cannot help but agree with all the points raised above. If there was substance behind their claims / bid I would have expected to have heard a lot more about them in the Herald and other media. Raising these sort of points in a fans forum makes me question nearly everything they say... with no disrespect to this forum I would add !

There are two other points I would like to raise.

1) Exactly who are these people

I found the attached on the other forum from December 2015 which gives a bit of an insight

"WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Good evening to you all

I have been following these posts this evening and felt it was imperative to reply as it has been highlighted, by many of you above, that myself (Keira Roberts) and my husband (Shaun Roberts) were Directors of Torquay United afc!

As some of you have suggested we were never able to share with you 'the fans' why we left the club so early on in the season! After reading some of the comments I feel it is necessary to reply as this is not just boardroom politics but born out of genuine concern for our beloved yellows!!!!

We originally left as it became apparent that the board and certain members of staff were not looking to take the club in the same direction as ourselves. We became Directors to help the club move onwards and upwards and not to line others pockets!

In the same vein that's why we have set up the company Torquay United fans LTD with our associates. We felt it was necessary that our concerns were shared with our fans, as fans ourselves, to help save our club from relegation and possible administration! "

Associates ? Its all very vague and without a lot more information I for one would not give them the time of day. Can anyone put any factual meat on the bones ?

2) They continually seem to be knocking TUST. Yes, I am a member of that group and do not always agree with the timing of announcements etc but I have no doubt at all that they really do have the interest of Torquay united at heart. I am waiting to see how this all pans out before considering supporting the TUST in a bigger way financially. My support to the players fund is unlikely to go on for ever . I suspect there are many other people with a similar watching brief and TUFans Ltd would be wise to bear that in mind. TUST will grow over time in whatever role is found to be necessary.

Their comments seem to be rather un needed at this time
Clive205
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by Clive205 »

Who the directors are is public information:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 8/officers
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hardly surprising they weren't taken seriously when Authers approached the club about wanting to buy it. I can just picture the look on his face if and when he was told to come back when he had raised 500k.

I find it irritating that they have timed their recent outbursts to coincide with the current task we face on the playing field.

Great postings by taxilady and Rich.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What should ring alarm bells here with this TUfans Ltd, is they come on to the forum telling us they've done their due Diligence, yet all they've done in reality is what any 12 year old studying I.T at school could have done, that's used an internet search engine to find some info and then copied and pasted said information, that isn't due diligence. TU fans Ltd do come across, that they really don't actually know what their talking about.

In posting this I don't know what their point is, Are they trying tell us the ACV or covenants don't protect the ground from a praying vulture, if so, then I agree with them, if I've understood the ACV correctly should an organisation table a bid for the freehold, it would give TUST 6 months to table a rival bid, please correct me if I have that wrong, with the general lack of support TUST has from the clubs fan base, would they be able to come up with enough funds.

As for any covenant don't get me started on those, they're often not as watertight as people think, and ridiculously easy to get around, or even removed altogether.

As far as any takeover is concerned as already said, I've no idea at all on this subject, but the key word for me is "trust" not to be confused with TUST, do I/we trust the current board to do absolutely the right think by our football club. I trust them 100%.

Best of luck TU fans Ltd, you won't be getting a penny from me, or a second of my time.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

forevertufc wrote:What should ring alarm bells here with this TUfans Ltd, is they come on to the forum telling us they've done their due Diligence, yet all they've done in reality is what any 12 year old studying I.T at school could have done, that's used an internet search engine to find some info and then copied and pasted said information, that isn't due diligence. TU fans Ltd do come across, that they really don't actually know what their talking about.

In posting this I don't know what their point is, Are they trying tell us the ACV or covenants don't protect the ground from a praying vulture, if so, then I agree with them, if I've understood the ACV correctly should an organisation table a bid for the freehold, it would give TUST 6 months to table a rival bid, please correct me if I have that wrong, with the general lack of support TUST has from the clubs fan base, would they be able to come up with enough funds.

As for any covenant don't get me started on those, they're often not as watertight as people think, and ridiculously easy to get around, or even removed altogether.

As far as any takeover is concerned as already said, I've no idea at all on this subject, but the key word for me is "trust" not to be confused with TUST, do I/we trust the current board to do absolutely the right think by our football club. I trust them 100%.

Best of luck TU fans Ltd, you won't be getting a penny from me, or a second of my time.
Actually they even got that part wrong, when I was at school I was the king of 'copy and paste' for alot of my homework (particularly with History).
The trick is to copy and paste, then remove certain words and swap them with 'dumbed down' words, remove comma's and bullet points, in some places, completely change paragraphs.
These guys have not even tried to hide the fact they copy and pasted, which is a big fat FAIL! :red:
To the dotted line, We're on our way