Bognor Replay or no Replay?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should the Bognor match have been decided on the day?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 28

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Bognor Replay or no Replay?

Post by tktufc91 »

Curious to see everyones reaction regarding the Trophy match on Saturday.

Of course a cup run is good for the club in terms of finance but with a backlog of fixtures already and the prospect of more dependant on Saturday's result, should we have chosen to decide the winner on the day rather than have a replay?

I firmly believe we should have chosen to decide the winner on the day. I dread to think that we could have to play maybe 4 times in a week to catch up and I think that will hurt our survival chances. As nice as a Wembley trip would be, survival has to be our main focus.

Bognor I believe since Christmas are unbeaten and will be no pushovers.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I voted no as a replay back at ours will give us much needed income.

Think of a trophy gate of 1,200 * £10 per person = £12k. Ok, you may drop a few hundred off the rearranged league fixture but it won't be 1,200! We are not in a position to be turning down money of that magnitude. Even 500 people @ £10 will £5k.

That could make the difference when we are trying to sign that player that will take us forward next season. It's a no brainer.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble with this Tom, as I'm sure we 're all aware both sides have to agree to decide the match on the day, if one side wants a replay there's not a lot the other can do about it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Just for the record.
Bognor did not want the match settled on the day.
Both teams need to be in agreement so whatever we wanted was pure academic.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Ah. I thought it was the away sides decision. Fair enough if that's the case.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

SteveDeckchair wrote:I voted no as a replay back at ours will give us much needed income.

Think of a trophy gate of 1,200 * £10 per person = £12k. Ok, you may drop a few hundred off the rearranged league fixture but it won't be 1,200! We are not in a position to be turning down money of that magnitude. Even 500 people @ £10 will £5k.

That could make the difference when we are trying to sign that player that will take us forward next season. It's a no brainer.
That money would be shared between the clubs though. With them having an average home crowd of around 350 I doubt they would bring many to swell the gate if it were a draw and personally I think we'd be lucky if 1000 turned up at Plainmoor.

As it happens I think if it's a draw then a replay is the fairest way but not for financial reasons.