Time to get behind the club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Southampton Gull wrote:Come back to me once the transfer merry-go-round is over and you'll be able to answer your own question. It helps to realise the reasons behind recent signings which are emergency cover while we're restricted by the transfer window being closed and not a sign that we're deliberately trying to get relegated.

Ajala is almost a done deal, Kadell Daniel is another we're interested in, I'd have more faith in players like that than some of the recent departures
So Shepherd will be the next one to leave?

Hope Ajala has learnt to cross the ball and Waide will be there to bang it in!
TUST member 200 ;-)
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

Time to get behind the club
Dead right, I know it's been dire both on and off the pitch but I for one don't want to spend my Saturday's going shopping with the wife. I like many others go for the banter etc, so come on let's see if we , has true fans of TUFC can't come up with some idea's to raise a little cash.
Could we not have a throw your ideas in the pot and see if any are worth spending a little time on.
Stupid it maybe but what about
Show your support day . Everyone buy a TUFC SCARF making a little profit for the club and helping the atmosphere in the ground.
COME ON ITS OUR CLUB
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

As it stands the club makes no money from that merchandising, it's franchised out.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

DevonYellow wrote:
You've only seen us play once this season? You don't know how lucky you are mate!
Oh I do!

It's up to the club to give people a reason to turn up to games and spend their money on watching football. They can't rely on some sort of cult following that turn up regardless of their actions and the football on display. NIcho has said the exact same words himself. Hopefully we will see these words come to fruition in the next few weeks, because they are just words right now and any optimism will be short lived if things don't change very, very soon.

But that's what being a football fan is - when the club have given you a reason to be optimistic, back them and support them because we can make a difference.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Southampton Gull wrote:As it stands the club makes no money from that merchandising, it's franchised out.
A sherbet in the Gulls' Nest would help the cause, tho.
TUST member 200 ;-)
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

bornagull wrote:Time to get behind the club
Dead right, I know it's been dire both on and off the pitch but I for one don't want to spend my Saturday's going shopping with the wife. I like many others go for the banter etc, so come on let's see if we , has true fans of TUFC can't come up with some idea's to raise a little cash.
Could we not have a throw your ideas in the pot and see if any are worth spending a little time on.
Stupid it maybe but what about

Show your support day . Everyone buy a TUFC SCARF making a little profit for the club and helping the atmosphere in the ground.
COME ON ITS OUR CLUB
For Christs sake I tried to get that going a few times already but as usual apathy and a muted response. Many chuck all sorts of random thoughts, observations and ideas around or think they have solutions for anything on virtually every thread but when a thread is actually started where we can throw all ideas into the pot and see what happens or gather opinions in an easily digestible way, SILENCE!

Check this out, you'll see what I mean, there are a few good ideas on there, a couple in particular.

http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... +help+tufc

Or this thread, the main idea which I personally feel is a winner, and if they are serious about engaging with the fanbase and taking the first tentative steps toward community/fan ownership this would be a soty of place to start.

http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... hare+issue
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

I know what you mean with the share thing, but it's probably not cost effective to set it up and time and funds need to be spent elsewhere super quick. I really think the players fund is the only way to inject 100% cash in where it's needed. I live away and very rarely see any other than south east matches, so I chip in £20 a month. Surely there must be 100's others who could if they REALLY wanted to do the same, maybe just in the short term.
The fund has apparently raised 12 grand since July which is a bit hopeless imo. Am I just a fantasist thinking that there could be up to a 1000 fans out ther that would rather see our club survive the year by foregoing a curry once a month and chipping over the cash to the players fund? That's £20,000 a month. Job done! Better players, better results, higher gates etc
I don't feel the need for a share, just the club to be around next year.
Easy this football lark
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Listening to Jurgen klopp, he said at Dortmund the fans rallied to lift the team and create somewhere that made the players want to play. He said it's not up to the players to lift the crowd first, but the crowd have to lift the players. Interesting.
Uberwozza-san
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Uberwozza-san »

Agreed