What do you call a brace of Fishers? (signing news!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Jerry wrote:
Please let it be Briscoe!
I've heard Angus might be on his way to Blackpool. Just a rumour though.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tommyg wrote: I've heard Angus might be on his way to Blackpool. Just a rumour though.
Ok, now that Tommyg has posted exactly the very self same thing that I've been told, and it's also been said to another poster via PM, I will confirm that Angus to Blackpool is what I heard, again rumour, was told second hand the info came , or is believed to have come from a member of his family.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

+Gdog8 wrote: Ajala will be back 1st Jan watch and see
Fair enough, but a word of caution as a long standing TUFC fan ... just prepare yourself to be disappointed! ;-)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its seems clear to me that the signing of players from local league means the club is setting its self up for life in the conference south next year, we look destined to be relegated so they see fit to sign players that simply will not get us out of this mess, this has now become worse than the dave webb era.
the days of our club playing in the football league look over at least for a very long time. very sad times!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Don't forget Webb signed players from the lower leagues, we had a brace of Fowlers then.
TUST number 080
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Alex Fisher released today.

Shame. At Chesham he chased down every ball and I was encouraged by his start of the season.

All the best Fish!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

At least will still have Ben Gerring.... right?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

:goal: I have never wanted a game called off before but let's all hope for a deluge of rain New Years Eve to save us the embarrassment of a TV shaming come New Years Day.

The way things are going will we even be able to field 11 let alone subs!?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
LesLawrencesAfro
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by LesLawrencesAfro »

Richinns wrote::goal: I have never wanted a game called off before but let's all hope for a deluge of rain New Years Eve to save us the embarrassment of a TV shaming come New Years Day.

This!

Gone are the days when we're all excited about being given national TV coverage. If this game goes ahead, I think I'll go shopping with the missus. That's how bad it's got.

Very sad times indeed.... and worse to come?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Fisher.A has left for "personal reasons" (aren't they always???)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35167198
TUST member 200 ;-)
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

tktufc91 wrote:Alex Fisher released today.

Shame. At Chesham he chased down every ball and I was encouraged by his start of the season.

All the best Fish!!
Not that I don't believe you but I can't see any confirmation of this on his twitter/WMN/HE (there's no point looking at the club site) - where did you get this from?

Good luck to him, I liked him and thought under Paul Cox he would've readily replaced Bowman, hopefully his spell with us doesn't affect his future career.

See it now on the beeb:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35167198
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

FFS - as we are so short of players couldn't we have released him after the FGR game.

Added in 2 minutes 52 seconds:
When I saw the title of this thread ie What do you call a brace of F....... I thought the last two words would be **** UPS and I was going to suggest a pair of Xmas Turkeys.... but I will keep it to myself. Merry Xmas everyone.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

"Gone are the days when we're all excited about being given national TV coverage. If this game goes ahead, I think I'll go shopping with the missus. That's how bad it's got."

I think I'll start wearing my team shirt inside out, so it won't be recognised. :(

Added in 13 minutes 48 seconds:
I thought he was hooked on this club and can't believe he's been angling to leave for some time.

Enough!

Personal reasons? Hopefully nothing sad or awful, but maybe:

1 I'M the only Fisher in the village

2 I'm off to Barrow for 4 x the wages

3 I can't get over being subbed for part-time CB

4 ..............?

Thanks for your contribution this season, Alex. Good luck.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think as many players leaving as possible is a good thing (bar the 8 or so who are actually reasonable) as it gives us more room to make signings. Some names mentioned recently have been encouraging and even 2-3 like that would be better than 8-10 of the fringe players.

We only need 14 outfield players to fill the bench, and 10 to start. We have a few good players here, but desperately need more quality in the first XI.

That said, could it not wait a week? We have 3 games coming up before anyone new can register...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Hurst and now Fisher. We're certainly do a good job of retaining our goalscorers.