A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dazza wrote:So apart from having a without prejudice swing at people who probably can't answer you back publicly how does that help. ? Does it take us any points closer to Welling, Altringham and Southport. ?

Err, why can't they answer back? As for ON PITCH matters, do you not think that ANYBODY who has money to invest in TUFC is our only hope..... because that is MINE. The current squad would struggle to survive at the League below and the management team are simply not up to scratch - we NEED change and only INVESTMENT will make that happen ... Surely you can see that?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

forevertufc wrote: Apologies for quoting you directly, but have disagree, while I thank Keira Roberts for taking the time to make her post, that doesn't set out anything in concrete, I'm not here to take sides, like everyone else want the club to succeed.

But there's no hard evidence in the post of Mrs Roberts that proves anything.
No need to apologise forever, that's what forums are for!

But the fact we had a statement from a poster and a former member of the current board has come to explain why she left and pretty much repeats the statement for herself just rings alarm bells.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dave Phillips and Steve Breed may well be good guys and have the club's interest at heart, but I have felt for some time that they are out of their depth. The promised transparency has not happened. A good Sports writer would have got their teeth into what is going on at the club but Dave Thomas, Herald Express, seems to be very passive nowadays and simply reports on matches without writing anything contoversial (unlike when Wes Saunders was manager). As has already been posted, we need a frank statement from the current Board (also as already posted, there is to be a Board meeting next week).
ali
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by ali »

"Dazza take those rose tinters off and smell the coffee. This board need to answer the now concrete allegations against them"

Allegations being the key word
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Thank you Keira Roberts et al for your comments. The board must give the fans a response to these allegations on Monday.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Yes some cynics might even say it's a good day following a heavy away defeat for throwing some mud around on a fans forum. I'm sure all our fellow teams in the Nationwide League will be shaking in their boots.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dazza wrote:Yes some cynics might even say it's a good day following a heavy away defeat for throwing some mud around on a fans forum. I'm sure all our fellow teams in the Nationwide League will be shaking in their boots.
It really doesn't matter Dazza, without change we ARE going down, just accept it! In my honest opinion, and the stats would back it up, we ARE the worst team in this League ! If you think we can survive with the current owners, the current management team and the current squad ..... then I truly admire your optimism, but it isn't going to happen!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Dazza I am not at all sure you get it?
Bristolgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sir Rodney

Post by Bristolgull »

"You were my Torquay,
My only Torquay,
You made me happy,
But now skies are grey,
You never noticed,
how much I loved you,
But now please take my Torquay away"

Such sad times......

Second thoughts. "I'm Torquay till they die" rolll on Boxing Day.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have no problem with change - no one would have - but it's got to be constructive change. This seems as constructive as Tyrone Marsh at Accrington.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Said it before and got told to **** off and will get told to **** off again but you all had an opportunity to help buy the club and run it and thus being in a position to make decisions that affect TUFC instead of relying on someone else.

There can be no complaints other than the fact that the communication side of things is once again, absolutely appalling and it looks like the more trusting amongst the fanbase are again being mugged off despite promises of more accountability, more transparency and more honesty and engagement when the board took over.

Buy the club and run it yourselves otherwise what's the point to it all? You all do what you can and help out financially and you get ignored. It's just run by others who don't seem to do things that make sense and who infuriate you all and just cause despondency and anger. Is it all worth it seriously?

Obviously it is because many would have just **** it off ages ago.

You have to have someone running the club who is 100% accountable to the fanbase. I don't know how but there is no other option save a white knight with shitloads of cash and no brain cells. I half fit the criteria except i'm skint.

It's about trust , cementing a bond and togetherness and I just don't see this anywhere in the club. It's the blind leading the blind. We've all been here before.

I think the poor decision making in terms of managerial appointments et al are excusable because these people running the club are inexperienced. It's understandable that errors will be made but once again regardless, they are just taking your cash, don't acknowledge the generosity it seems and continue to ignore the goodwill, frustration and anxiety amongst the fanbase. Same mistakes i'm afraid. If you are down and out it makes sense to show gratitude and try and get everyone to pull together so that at the very least you have a solid starting point where everyone from the ceo to the person who cleans the shitters at the LWS feels they are singing off the same hymnsheet and can make a difference to move forward. Even if results are shocking and you are rock bottom of the league, if you have a vision and a workable plan then everyone should be aware of them and how you are working towards getting there.

Little niggly things that get in the way should be clarified to the fanbase (as promised) and an explanation given as to how said issue arose and the decision making process and reasons a certain proposed solution was reached. This hasn't happened causing unnecessary animosity and distrust among certain factions of supporters.

Once again from a whole entity, a division has been allowed to form. Has nobody learned anything from past mistakes? It's beyond belief.

The second chance has all but been passed over. 7 points off safety and worse GD which makes it 8. So you need to win 3 games just to get to a starting point.

I'm not sure the club will get a third.

Why fight this? The players are bloody terrible. They're not bothered. They're not fighting. They're out on the piss tonight aren't they whilst some have you might just be making your way into the house after another load of cash spunked up the wall trying to support a club with no identity and players with no ability. Those who say, "well they are entitled to a Christmas do just like we all are so give them a break". Those who say that are in effect correct. You're paying their wages so hats off to you for your impressive understanding and tolerance. Merry Christmas the lads!!

TUFC should start over, operate sustainably and start to look up instead of down. Do you wish to be paying nearly 20 quid a game to watch part timers batter you every week in a league that you have no chance of competing in? How long can you do this for until further gate drops leave the club with no option but to call it a day anyway? Torquay have to flatline then rebuild and rediscover their identity and purpose as a fully resourceful, functional and self sufficient community football club instead of more sticking plasters which are still being used to mask gaping wounds that can never heal.

The thing is you can bicker and whinge on forums until the cows come home but it achieves nothing. You have to make it happen if you really aren't happy and it means that much to you or you leave it to chance.

OK, i'll **** off now but just to wish all you lot as individual people and not as TUFC fans a great Christmas and just remember, there are more important things in life than football. Family, people who love you and who you love. Animals who are part of your family and just being able to wake up in the morning.

If football is nearly as important then do what it takes. Try anything. Work together, don't take people for granted and appreciate everyone all of the time. Not in TUFC's remit at this current time.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

The board need to be getting together TOMORROW to sort this out. We are a shambles, these allegations need to be accepted or denied with the proof to refute them. Now is the time to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The fans do not deserve to be treated like this. If the board love the club as much as us fans do, they will bite the bullet, accept we are in deep doo doo, ADMIT we are in deep doo doo, and not be so stick in the mud as to not accept any help offfered, especially when it is free. Our club is going down the toilet Steve and Co, prove you are in this for the right reason, that reason being TUFC. I have supported the club from a young age, my 2 boys now support the club and go more than I am able, and I want my club to be around for my grand kids to support, (and they aren't even here yet).
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well who knows what is right but all I can say is that that the tie up with truro smells more fishy than a prossy with syph. Its been rumoured for a week or so that Jason Masters has joined the board so if this is correct why are the current board trying to keep this quiet.

Steve Breed has responded to a message I put on the other site today saying that he is going to prove me wrong. Yet all we ever seem to get is more South Devon League Players being signed on. It seems to me that the club is being run down and the current board are either or incapable or basically don't give a shit.

How on earth does Dean Edwards - a fecking serial loser who has apparently put no money into the club end up with 40% shares in it.

The whole thing is an absolute disgrace.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

brucie wrote:Well who knows what is right but all I can say is that that the tie up with truro smells more fishy than a prossy with syph.
Quote of the year. :rofl:
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zoomed »

Torquay United Supporters Trust

As a rule TUST DO NOT respond to speculation or rumour on the forums... however in light of the recent postings by Torquay United Fans Ltd I felt it important to establish the Trust's position.

TUST became aware of the formation of Torquay United Fans Ltd when its details appeared on the register at Companies House at the beginning of December. The Trust board met with this company on December 10th and I have since had a 60 minute telephone conversation with its founder on December 19. I have also arranged to meet with the Club on Monday.

Once we are in full possession of the facts I will issue a full statement.

Kind Regards...

Michael