The special one or John Sills

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

The special one or John Sills

Post by frenchgull »

As both managers have been sacked today I wondered which one would we like to see at Torquay given that money was no object,Sills is the obvious candidate but what a ride you would have with Muriniho
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

John Sills? Do you mean John Still sacked by Luton?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It is John Still of Luton that has lost his job, not Sills. If he was younger I'd have Still any day of the week, knows his way around this level, and was an excellent manager when it came to unearthing a little gem from the lower reaches of the non-league, not that we could afford to tempt him down here anyway.

As for Mourinho seems to have morphed into the special needs one of late, it was always going to come down to Chelsea either backing him and cutting loose a fair few of their players, or the easier option get rid of the manager, bringing in a manager from that level wouldn't work at ours, so it would be Still for me, if money was no object.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

Any day of the week John Sill knows the league at this level inside out and done it the hard way on a low budget etc with Dagenham.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

John Still. Neither are renowned for having their teams playing attractive attacking football but Still has the experience that we need, much more than Mourinho will ever have.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

John Still and his little black book of non/lower league players, hands down.