Sturrock Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote: This is the worst of it.

Being in debt means owing A. N. Other for goods or services. If he's got all this f**king money, he should f**king well pay what he owes to others who have given him either their stuff or their time and expertise.

Pay what you owe, you f**king sandal wearing ****.

Matt.
I would have thought it more likely that the money is owed to the bank, not local tradesmen.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

anyone think we missed a trick by not playing Chesham on Friday night? Maybe we asked and we're declined but we would not know that as nobody tells us anything,but they are part time and traveling down to Devon would have been a triffle inconvient.Now they have the luxury of taking their time to saunter down and playing on Sunday afternoon all for the sake of a few more paying customers against winning the tie,Just a thought.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

frenchgull wrote:anyone think we missed a trick by not playing Chesham on Friday night? Maybe we asked and we're declined but we would not know that as nobody tells us anything,but they are part time and traveling down to Devon would have been a triffle inconvient.Now they have the luxury of taking their time to saunter down and playing on Sunday afternoon all for the sake of a few more paying customers against winning the tie,Just a thought.
Chesham would have had to agree to it, precisely to stop sneaky tricks like this.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Meanwhile, Martin Ling has pulled Swindon out of the League One relegation zone up towards mid-table, and Burton Albion are top of that division. Plymouth Argyle are in second place in League Two, and Exeter, where Bobby Olejnik is achieving the status of a legend and manager Paul Tisdale continues to perform miracles, is not far off the play-offs along with Bristol Rovers; while in the National League Gary Johnson has Cheltenham in first place on the way to promotion.

Yeovil Town, on the other hand, whatever one thinks of Paul Sturrock's work there, appear to have been making the same mistakes, the same poor decisions, that those in charge of Torquay have made over the past two or three years. Both clubs seem doomed to relegation, and no doubt Paul Sturrock will find a management job elsewhere for more money than Torquay could ever pay him, and achieve great success.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Paul Sturrock says tonight no more jobs as a manager but interestingly says he's available as a consultant to any manager out there needing support on a short-term basis.
Do we know of any manager who could benefit from someone who's been there and done the job and has contacts??
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I think we need more than Paul Sturrock's help. Not even Rambo could get us out of this mess
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

nickbrod wrote:Paul Sturrock says tonight no more jobs as a manager but interestingly says he's available as a consultant to any manager out there needing support on a short-term basis.
Do we know of any manager who could benefit from someone who's been there and done the job and has contacts??
Well if that isn't a clear invitation to Kevin Nicholson to pick up the phone and ask for some help I don't know what is! I can't imagine any other "local" Manager needing his help - I don't imagine Derek Adams or Paul Tisdale seeking him out ! Who knows, he might not even cost us much, if indeed anything at all, other than perhaps some expenses.

Get Sturrock in on a part time basis, perhaps just a couple of days a week, surely it couldn't do us any harm . Let's face it, things couldn't get much worse and the availability of someone on our doorstep with such a vast amount of experience is surely too good an opportunity not to at least TRY and see if he could help?????
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Maybe Kev is worried that the first suggestion would be to not play, and therefore he doesn't want to pick up the phone

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I realise a lot depends on the chemistry between Nicholson and Sturrock. If they can't abide one another it's a pass. However if not it seems to make some sense. I think Nicholson seems to have done okay in many ways but the score lines bend agin him week after week after week. He's not had a lot of luck but he wasn't many fans call so there isn't massive sympathy. The Board are desperate for results to justify their faith in him. However they can't wait forever as the gates slide down. Two more League nils and he's probably gone as others teams catch us and it looks still worse. Bringing in Sturrock it buys a few extra games -maybe through the Forest Green- Cheltenham spell and into something more manageable?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I find this a pointless conversation unless Paul Sturrock has suddenly become partial to 'magic beans'.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I suspect Paul Sturrock knows the financial situation at Torquay even better than both of us Richinns. Yet he still chose to make the remarks he did. Perhaps it's the panto season or just the thought of being around for months of home decorating.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seems as though we've got people queueing up to help us, Sturrock and this Port Vale bloke. Get 'em in, the situation can't get meaningfully worse.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

After Edwards took the last remaining pot we had to piss in, it is nice that Dazza and others have agreed to pay Sturrock!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/