Sturrock Sacked

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Other news,

Shame we couldnt be in for this guy;
http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Exe ... story.html

and Andre Wright extends his loan spell;
http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 30506.aspx
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Moore would have been a good signing.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

If he came back to assist and give Kevin Nicholson advice it'd be a great boon to the side. It's utterly ridiculous that some on this board are attacking him because he left for a paid job when we were paying him magic beans before. If he fancies six months helping us out to stop himself from getting bored then bring it on.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Can't belive that some of you guys think that Sturock is or would do this for the good of Torquay United,he's just advertising Paul Sturock,wake up and smell the coffee,there ain't no free dinner.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SenorDingDong wrote:If he came back to assist and give Kevin Nicholson advice it'd be a great boon to the side. It's utterly ridiculous that some on this board are attacking him because he left for a paid job when we were paying him magic beans before. If he fancies six months helping us out to stop himself from getting bored then bring it on.
It probably won't happen, but ..... presumably he's been paid his contract by Yeovil so he won't actually be on the breadline. He might be persuaded to come to Plainmoor on an expenses only basis (or even magic beans) for six months as temporary Director of Football, or some such fancy title, to keep his hand in and pass on some of his experience and knowledge to Kevin Nicholson. In our position, I'd welcome any help we can get.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Please don't assume that Kevin could work with Paul Sturrock (or any other out of work manager for that matter). There would need to be mutual respect between the two parties or otherwise it would be totally disruptive and worsen an already challenging position.
Kevin is an intelligent man and won't be working in isolation. He will have a network of football people to turn to for advice and I am sure he will be in regular contact with them already.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

unfair stick i think from some people on here, the guy has to make a living like all of us, he was here helping us out until someone offered him a job, anyone would do the same in his position.
i would have him here any day of the week, good manager a very likeble chap.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Jack wrote:Please don't assume that Kevin could work with Paul Sturrock (or any other out of work manager for that matter). There would need to be mutual respect between the two parties or otherwise it would be totally disruptive and worsen an already challenging position.
Kevin is an intelligent man and won't be working in isolation. He will have a network of football people to turn to for advice and I am sure he will be in regular contact with them already.
What network? We have sod all. John Milton's name was dropped but there's no money to work with even if he identifies players. None of the board members have any footballing experience, Kenny Veysey left, all the academy coaches left, Deano resigned, we didn't want to keep on John Ramshaw. The only person working with him is Robbie Herrera. None of the supposed 'contacts' that Nicholson mentioned when he got the job have given us any players, we're scraping around trying to get anyone we can into the club and failing fairly badly at that one.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well said senor ding dong, its a bloody mess thats for sure, colin lee and mike bateson have both offered there help to the club in recent months and have had no response, i drove past the seale hayne training ground this morning ,it made me sad to see whats going on with this club. surely any help that nico could get would help him. its a ramshackle set up at best.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jack wrote:Please don't assume that Kevin could work with Paul Sturrock (or any other out of work manager for that matter). There would need to be mutual respect between the two parties or otherwise it would be totally disruptive and worsen an already challenging position.
Yes - good point, Jack. If anyone was brought in to work with Nico, he would have to feel comfortable working with them. As for the 'network of football people to turn to for advice' - we don't know what goes on behind the scenes so I do hope he has got football people he can turn to for advice. But as Senior DingDong posts, it seems that some offers of help have not been taken up for whatever reasons.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tomogull wrote:As for the 'network of football people to turn to for advice' - we don't know what goes on behind the scenes so I do hope he has got football people he can turn to for advice. But as Senior DingDong posts, it seems that some offers of help have not been taken up for whatever reasons.
But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes... :-/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Gullscorer wrote: But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes... :-/
Not even sure what's going on in front of the scenes!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SenorDingDong wrote: What network? We have sod all. John Milton's name was dropped but there's no money to work with even if he identifies players. None of the board members have any footballing experience, Kenny Veysey left, all the academy coaches left, Deano resigned, we didn't want to keep on John Ramshaw. The only person working with him is Robbie Herrera. None of the supposed 'contacts' that Nicholson mentioned when he got the job have given us any players, we're scraping around trying to get anyone we can into the club and failing fairly badly at that one.

Players have been identified and approaches made but money has always proved to be our downfall. It wouldn't matter if Alex Ferguson was identifying players if we can't afford to pay them.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I hear what is said about approaches and wages asked but to an extent the same could be said about every club in senior football. Yes we all know we have less money than practically all but we also have to be honest - we are simply not going to be able to survive in this League unless we can find a ways through this one.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only way we'll get through this is by staying out of the bottim four on the final day of the season.

Things might have been easier if we didn't have to give in to the demands of our ex DOF and buy his shares. ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com