Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Didn't Alex Rowe once say that along with TUFC fans have nothing to fear?
Got to say I am disappointed with his recent non input. Some could say he couldn't be blamed for walking away after Wild Bill "take as much advantage as I can" phillips dumped on him over "Bodingate" but I really hoped he'd rejoin after the present Mr Phillips took over as I did have him on the true supporters list.
Bodingate?

I don't think we were ever told the reason for Rowe's departure so what happened with Bodin?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

RUMOUR has it,

Signing Bodin (50K in believe) was sponsored and largely funded, wage wise at least initially, by AR.
Bodin sustains a nasty injury, AR goes away on holiday, and wild bill cock up unilaterally decides to release Bodin gaining Zilch in return. AR returns from holiday and discovers his 50k investment has been disposed of without any consultation with him and walks out of TUFC despite later please from TB to return.

Of course it could just be a rumour.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What some of our more short-sighted fans continually fail to see is that prospective candidates will have gone into their interviews with a plan already laid out, the sticking point would be whether the budget would allow them to utilise those plans.

You can bet your life that Nico went in there and said something along the lines of "I realise we don't have money to waste but to counter this I will enlist the help of a man with a proven track record of attracting players to the club, one you already know well in John Milton. He will be offering his services free because he has a real affection for the club and he will approach the likes of Steve Perryman and his Argyle counterpart to first of all offer games to fringe players that would cost us nothing to use, he'll use contacts at Yeovil and Bristol to try and procure a player out of nothing and he'll target players he already has earmarked as "Potential future league players".

Apparently Kenny Veysey is looking to get away so he might also have thrown Tim Flowers name into the hat as an assistant/keeper coach thus combining the two roles. It isn't always as simple as picking a name, if it was we'd have ended up with Luther Blissett. People are knocking Steve Breed, perhaps if they stopped and gave the situation more thought they might just realise he is doing a pretty reasonable job given the circumstances. People should be turning their hatred towards that waste of space Bill Phillips, whoever gave that fool the keys to the building set us back a long way.

Time to accept we are where we are and the only way we'll ever improve the club now is by standing by it through the hard times.

Added in 3 minutes 58 seconds:
Oh and another thing, who else was impressed when Nico said this was his dream job? I would rather have someone like him in place than some northern ponce who just wanted to use us to get his name noticed elsewhere. I'm liking what I see from Nico already, he's had plenty of time to think how he would tackle this job, let's at least give him the same kind of commitment in return and get behind him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

:goodpost: SG
TUST member 077
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Southampton Gull wrote:What some of our more short-sighted fans continually fail to see is that prospective candidates will have gone into their interviews with a plan already laid out, the sticking point would be whether the budget would allow them to utilise those plans.

You can bet your life that Nico went in there and said something along the lines of "I realise we don't have money to waste but to counter this I will enlist the help of a man with a proven track record of attracting players to the club, one you already know well in John Milton. He will be offering his services free because he has a real affection for the club and he will approach the likes of Steve Perryman and his Argyle counterpart to first of all offer games to fringe players that would cost us nothing to use, he'll use contacts at Yeovil and Bristol to try and procure a player out of nothing and he'll target players he already has earmarked as "Potential future league players".

Apparently Kenny Veysey is looking to get away so he might also have thrown Tim Flowers name into the hat as an assistant/keeper coach thus combining the two roles. It isn't always as simple as picking a name, if it was we'd have ended up with Luther Blissett. People are knocking Steve Breed, perhaps if they stopped and gave the situation more thought they might just realise he is doing a pretty reasonable job given the circumstances. People should be turning their hatred towards that waste of space Bill Phillips, whoever gave that fool the keys to the building set us back a long way.

Time to accept we are where we are and the only way we'll ever improve the club now is by standing by it through the hard times.

Oh and another thing, who else was impressed when Nico said this was his dream job? I would rather have someone like him in place than some northern ponce who just wanted to use us to get his name noticed elsewhere. I'm liking what I see from Nico already, he's had plenty of time to think how he would tackle this job, let's at least give him the same kind of commitment in return and get behind him.
:goodpost:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

:Oops: And then SG woke up, found he wasn't in la-la land after all. Meanwhile, whilst he had been in a deep sleep Torquay had been relegated........
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:What some of our more short-sighted fans continually fail to see is that prospective candidates will have gone into their interviews with a plan already laid out, the sticking point would be whether the budget would allow them to utilise those plans.

Oh Dave, how could you??? :'(

you promised not to say anything about my managers application... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Not impressed with our new manager's first decision.

MacDonald is not renowned for remaining calm in a crisis.

Just what was required .......a hot head as captain!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Not impressed with our new manager's first decision.

MacDonald is not renowned for remaining calm in a crisis.

Just what was required .......a hot head as captain!!!

Who would you have picked?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Briscoe and play him each week In the middle behind the striker.
He is calm and has skills and experience in the game.

And I do not subscribe to this ongoing claim that he is unfit and cannot play a full 90 mins.

Have seen him many times and have not seen him "blowing out his a**" for some time.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

""From now on it's just positive, you're not going to hear any excuses from me ever.
"You're not going to hear me talk about a budget, ever. You're not going to hear me moaning about the weather or the referee or any of that stuff.
"It's a no-excuse environment here and it is all about getting the players doing what they're going to do well, that really is all I'm bothered about."

From KN today. I like this guy already!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Since when were hot-heads bad captains and calm guys good captains? Terry? Keane? Gerrard? Adams? Tough as old boots and with an attitude to match. Captaincy could be the making of MacDonald.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

PhilGull wrote:Since when were hot-heads bad captains and calm guys good captains? Terry? Keane? Gerrard? Adams? Tough as old boots and with an attitude to match. Captaincy could be the making of MacDonald.
:goodpost:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seem to recall that a certain CH said last season that Angus was a future captain of the club!