Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Not quite sure what everyone was expecting, we had an experienced manager and weren't willing to pay him anything......

The new bloke was going to be local, young and willing to do it for free.....End of. Leaves 1 choice.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Please prove me wrong Nicho. You're an absolute legend, a diamond of a bloke, please prove me wrong. Hargreaves as manager has somewhat overshadowed his career as player, for the time being anyway. I really don't want to see this again with another 2008/2009 legend. I'm sad to say that I'm not confident, but I will give Kevin all my support and of course give him time.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

brucie wrote:Yes this is it. Appoint a manager with zero experience. This is nothing short of pathetic and we are finished as a football club. Isn't Nicholson the bloke who sulked and refused to travel to a reserve match with the rest of his team and went in his own car.
That's me finished as well - was going on Saturday but I will never set foot inside Plainmoor again.
Then what kind of supporter are you!!!!! :@
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

brucie wrote:Yes this is it. Appoint a manager with zero experience. This is nothing short of pathetic and we are finished as a football club. Isn't Nicholson the bloke who sulked and refused to travel to a reserve match with the rest of his team and went in his own car.
That's me finished as well - was going on Saturday but I will never set foot inside Plainmoor again.
:clap:
TUST number 080
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Wasn't Hargreaves fault and won't be Nicho's.

Both inherited the club on it's unstoppable plummet to oblivion with crap players they can't shift and no money to do anything about it. Look at the bigger picture, Hargreaves inherited Knill's team and all of our good(ish) players over the last year Hargreaves signed (Angus, Young,briscoe, Bowman, Ajala, Richards)

Nicho's task is even harder and even more not his fault whatever happens. Manager can only do so much.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

That is a lie, pure and simple. Don't big up your 'dramatic' post with something like that because it makes you look like an even bigger tit!
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Firstly following a previous post I am on my way to slapping my pal who was convinced that Sean Joyce was going to be next in the very hot seat at plainmoor.

Secondly, I think the decision is a lazy and smacks of an old boys club.

However, what is done is done and we MUST afford him, the Board and the players all the support we can muster over the next 7 months.
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Anyone know the length of Nico's "contract"?
TUST member 077
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Could Kevin Nicholson still play in games? Could be a better choice than Exodus (who needs to get fitter and more motivated) at the present time.

Wish them all the best anyway, and will go and support. What else can we do? The last thing we must do is to pre-judge him.

He knows what must be done: motivate and organise the players we have, on a near-zero budget, and move us up the table a few places. Not impossible.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Let's get behind Nico. A previous posters have said, give the man a chance. He lives in Torquay, has given great service to the club, he will be motivated. He could be the Eddie Howe of the Gulls.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A sensible one who isn't wasting anymore money on this garbage.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I have to say that I'm not enthusiastic about this appointment. I don't think it's the right appointment at this time and neither do I think it's a good appointment for Kev Nicho to be thrown into a club in deep trouble in his first managerial job. We could be proved wrong and it could turn out to be an inspired appointment. I hope so. Older fans will remember the best manager we never had. John Bond. Bondy was a player with no managerial experience. The club appointed a manager with experience (I think it was Allan Brown) and John Bond became Bournemouth's manager. We failed dismally, Bournemouth went from strength to strength.

If as Soton Gull posted a while ago, Shaun North is brought in as assistant, his experience could be invaluable to Nicholoson. They also know each other well from the Buckle seasons of course. But the huge cloud hanging over the club is what finances will allow. We hardcore fans - even Brucie and Hector - have to give the club our full support so that at least we can get through this season.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

brucie wrote:A sensible one who isn't wasting anymore money on this garbage.
So that means you won't be commenting on here anymore then!

Happy days!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

To have Nicholson as player-manager makes great sense. He and the team will get my full and unwavering support. Fair weather fans are not needed.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

So Kevin Nicholson was the best applicant out of a total of 129?

Okay, so 60 odd were 'jokes' - I take it that means he was the best from the remainder .. or was it the best of the jokes??

FFS!