Pastures New

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yorkieandy wrote:Just read this thread and latterly about Harding. It's actually nothing short of a miracle how Alan Knill has found alternative employment.

Apart from Krystian Pearce (who had his problems with illness AND being oddly rotated by Knill in the relegation season), all of Knill's signings have ended up not only at a club subjectively worse than TUFC but for the most part, a club much much lower in the football pyramid.

Chappell has ended up at Chester, arguably the only club in a better position than TUFC but considering the high regard he was held before he joined I think having ended up at Chester is a backward step. Great work by Mr Knill.

Tonge again, another with FL experience at a higher level, comes to Torquay, turns into a mess and now finds himself having to try and impress the likes of Chester in trials.

Hawley joined a club who survive on gates lower than what's in my bank account (i'm skint by the way) and who were relegated from the conference last season. You can't get much lower. Having said that, he still scored about 10 goals which was more than treble than Knill could squeeze out of him.

Courtney Cameron. Another bright prospect who could quite easily have been replaced in the squad by a solid oak wardrobe and it not look out of place.

Damien Mozika. What was all THAT about?!!

When you add these to Bodin who was one of the few massive failures Ling was responsible for, Nathan Craig being the other. When you add these to what CH tried (don't wince) Enoch Showunmi, Conor Wilkinson, Jayden Stockley, Danny Stevens again et al then it really does indicate that Knill gave the club little option but to flirt with relegation and CH just finished the job.

Oh, Harding. Not mentioned him. From table toppers Northampton Town to Gosport Borough in two years. It's actually quite unbelievable the depths the Knill signings have plumbed since leaving.

I'm not wishing to rake up old ground here but it just struck me looking at all the players Knill signed who have left for much worse things, that's all really. That's the point I wanted to make and nothing to do with any digging up of old ground.
I get your point, but Conor Wilkinson was scoring goals in L1 last season and no doubt will do again this season for Barnsley. And Jayden Stockley was amongst the goals enough for Cambridge and Luton last season and will be at Portsmouth this.

It was just for us they were s***e
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

It would appear that Courtney Cameron had a trial with Luton last night against Kettering.

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article ... 62137.aspx

Anyone have any news on Cruise?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Luton Reserves effectively. I would have thought they are rich enough not to take a gamble on a player like him.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Kev Nichelson has now signed for Bath City.. oh how we need a player like Kev In our back line
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Glostergull wrote:Kev Nichelson has now signed for Bath City.. oh how we need a player like Kev of seven years ago In our back line
Fixed that for you!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Glostergull wrote:Kev Nichelson has now signed for Bath City.. oh how we need a player like Kev In our back line

Well, I reckon in Butler we have someone who will push his reputation close - he had a great game tonight to add to a very good one on Saturday.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I think he had a trial at Gateshead?... but where has Rene Howe gone.? Not suggesting we can afford him but a fan is allowed to dream ! To my eye he was a real ace had holding a ball up.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Howe was a big lad but he was a goalscorer, another who was best playing with a target man. There aren't many proper target man players who can play with their back to goal, hold up and ball and bring others in to play out there.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Howe cut short his trial with Gateshead as he was offered a trial with Notts County. He played in one of their friendles last week. I don't think impressed as he hasn't been offered a deal there as yet. He is certainly the sort of striker we are after but I don't think we could afford him. Players who come back to formers clubs never seem to do as good the second time round.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Agree with that but he would make a lot of difference in this league. Depends where he feels most at home I would guess.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Tonge close to deal at Chester
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

monkeyboy wrote:Tonge close to deal at Chester
All our attacks down the left when we play them then!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Markh84 wrote:Howe cut short his trial with Gateshead as he was offered a trial with Notts County. He played in one of their friendles last week. I don't think impressed as he hasn't been offered a deal there as yet. He is certainly the sort of striker we are after but I don't think we could afford him. Players who come back to formers clubs never seem to do as good the second time round.
Don't think we could afford him either, but I'd have him back. Zeb did well second time round with us.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Do we know what is happening with Toby Ajala? Has he fixed himself up with Dover?