Ajala Turns Contract Down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

You have to wonder now if Ajala might be regretting his decision to seek pastures new. No one can blame him to want to better himself or play at a higher level but given Rovers defeat (harshly so in IMO) in the high court against Sainsburys over the purchase of the Memorial ground money is surely going to be tight. The estimated cost to Rovers is over £500K, not sure if that even includes Siainsburys costs, so effectively it's the same in financial terms as relegation to the conference and surely now only the best trialists are going to be offered deals. Even Ajalas staunchest supporters would probably describe his performances at best as indifferent.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Saw him in a friendly tonight at Mangotsfield and will be surprised if we sign him.Looked very light weight but quick and very much a team player.Good touches but not convinced on this showing that he is League 2 standard but if we do sign him I would love to be proved wrong.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Rovers have much bigger problems than the 1/2 minion they have lost through this court case assuming it is Rovers who are footing the bill. They are also reportedly 5 million in debt too.. if they run into trouble over this then I can see possible administration and even relegation
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Glostergull wrote:Rovers have much bigger problems than the 1/2 minion they have lost through this court case assuming it is Rovers who are footing the bill. They are also reportedly 5 million in debt too.. if they run into trouble over this then I can see possible administration and even relegation
Basically what I was trying to put across, in "Ajala terms"if that makes sense. Sainsbury's agreed to purchase something then with the demise of the "Superstore" decided against it after signing and looked for a a way out and unfortunately and sad for Rovers found one. Back on subject I presume they would have to pay us compo. for Ajala and you'd have to show exceptional potential for Rovers to be wanting to do that now. With PC's apparent attitude on Bowman departure I can't see any way back now for Ajala.

Rovers do have large, unconfirmed debts not massive in footballing terms but I can't see them returning to the conference as a result anytime soon.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I hope they dont go into administration. But the saga of Stadia In Bristol is only bringing shame upon various bodies. especially nimbies and the council who have consistently stood in the way of anything really successful hence no decent sporting venue. No ice rink no concert arena as yet.
But with reported debts as high as 5 million something will eventually come home to roost. It Will be a shame but that is now hard reality biting back.
Ajala has a further problem if he doesn't now sign for Rovers. compensation. no club lower down our league would be prepared to pay us compo for a player.. not many clubs higher up the ladder will be either so if he is let loose then he could find himself unemployed. that wont do his career any good. Or will he then be forced to take an about turn and end up playing for us or on gardening leave. which will at least give him time to rethink his career options and end up on reality TV as another failed so called celebrity planting carrots
Last edited by Glostergull on 18 Jul 2015, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ajala is league 2 standard and is good enough for your team. I doubt if you will get/have two wingers who are better than him.
If you don't want him I would be more than happy if he came back here.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brucie wrote:Ajala is league 2 standard and is good enough for your team. I doubt if you will get/have two wingers who are better than him.
If you don't want him I would be more than happy if he came back here.
Pretty much.

Even if he isn't playing well (which is often for lower league wingers), he still puts in a good bit of graft.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Is it impossible for him to return?

I realise Rovers might have been a good move and Dover currently may be slightly better placed financially but neither seem a certainty for him. As we are going to want a little money ( not a situation that will occur again next year allowing him a better negotiating position ) and he could do with some club consistency on his C.V have we not got a chance here.?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Glostergull wrote:Rovers have much bigger problems than the 1/2 minion they have lost through this court case assuming it is Rovers who are footing the bill. They are also reportedly 5 million in debt too.. if they run into trouble over this then I can see possible administration and even relegation
Those little bastards are everywhere.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

How does the compensation work?

We offered him a deal, he turned it down, we are due compensation when he moves to a new club as he is under 23 - all makes sense

However to be due compensation does the contract have to be on offer until he moves? Because surely if we withdraw the offer we are no longer due the compensation?

On this basis to receive money for Ajala the contract must still be available to him, and if it is, he could accept the deal at any point and play for us?

Anyone with better knowledge of the regulations?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

That's my understanding of it.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whether or not a contract is offered is irrelevant. If you haven't actually signed a contract, then you are quite free to sign a contract with somebody else.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Yes he can of course sign for another club if he wishes but we are due a fee so that would need to be agreed first. It will mean he is not quite the absolutely free agent he will be in a year's time.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

The fee doesn't have to be agreed first - a tribunal is then called upon.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

He can choose to sign for anyone, but presumably that club will have to pay. If the fee is not agreed first then that club is going to have to pay an unknown amount.

I rate Ajala, he is a decent player, but there won't be many clubs who will pay for him, let alone any that will pay an unknown amount.
Last edited by leetufc on 20 Jul 2015, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.