New Assistant Manager....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

New Assistant Manager....

Post by nickbrod »

...John Ramshaw. Worked with Paul Cox before at Eastwood and Mansfield.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote:...John Ramshaw. Worked with Paul Cox before at Eastwood and Mansfield.
Hmmm ....... interesting. In view of the club's financial state, I expected a player/coach to be brought in. It's all slowly beginning to look quite promising ........
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

I don't know about the rest of you - but I am liking the new surnames

A team managed by Cox and
Ranshaw sounds formidable right away

New recruits with surnames with good pedigree : Hurst (sir Geoff), Marsh ( Rodders)

I am feeling good already for a new chapter!

Coyy
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

did you need to keep repeating this three times.?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Hmmm ....... interesting. In view of the club's financial state, I expected a player/coach to be brought in. It's all slowly beginning to look quite promising ........[/quote]

I am confused. All the talk has been that we were moments away from chains on the doors and that we are "just out of intensive care and on the operating table" financially.

How then is the board funding the cost of an Assistant Manager? They have been at pains to manage supporter's expectations on the state of the finances. I do hope that they are not sacrificing players budget monies in favour of an Assistant's role.

At the Fans Forum, Dean (I think it was) suggested that they would review funding available later in the season, dependant on numbers through the gates. Is it possible that Season Ticket sales have been dramatically better than even their wildest expectations?

Appreciate that the Board are under no obligation to be transparent, although they have made that promise, but under that banner it would be comforting for someone to explain what effect this appointment has on their budget, or that it was already built in to the costs, and has no impact on the playing staff.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Already a video up!

[youtube]JIqbFWxPjD4[/youtube]

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gloomy Gull wrote: How then is the board funding the cost of an Assistant Manager?
Personally don't think it is the case that the board have found extra money, or this impacting on the player budget as such, normally the manager gets a staffing/player budget and it's down to the manager to make the budget cover all aspects of his staff, I doubt Paul Cox would have made such an appointment if there wasn't room for it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The video wasn't up for very long.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

it's available on Facebook (free to join if you haven't ! )
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066