Celebrity Support... Raising The Profile

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Celebrity Support... Raising The Profile

Post by zoomed »

Help TUST raise our profile... increase our membership... and build the Forever Yellow Fund...the future is near!

chris waddle.jpg
Added in 3 minutes 36 seconds:
If you know any celebrities... especially with a Devon connection ask them to send us a photo of them holding our small poster which you can email and print off...
photo bomb sign white.jpg
Please send all pictures to [email protected]
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I remember seeing Waddle play in a TU shirt away at Hartlepool... too many years ago!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Bloggy wrote:I remember seeing Waddle play in a TU shirt away at Hartlepool... too many years ago!

Gosh - is that Chris Waddle ?? He looks even less fit than the few times he turned out for us. I wouldn't go as far as saying 'played' for us ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I remain convinced that we should have called our new building "The Chris Waddle Stand" because that's all I ever saw him do in a Torquay shirt
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote:I remain convinced that we should have called our new building "The Chris Waddle Stand" because that's all I ever saw him do in a Torquay shirt

I always thought "Waddle" was a nickname....

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Yesterday I was reading John Lydon's life story ( that's Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols ). It's called "Anger is an Energy". He is a life long Arsenal fan and in the book there is a chapter called "The Beautiful Shame", which ends with the words....
"But £75 a ticket, these days, to go to Arsenal? For that money, you should get to have sex with all the footballers' wives! I'd rather go to a smaller place like Torquay United."
I love him even more for that....
Other great quotes are....
Football's the kind of game where, if your team is doing really badly, it gets you into the mode of having a laugh at losing. You can actually look forward to the next tragic defeat. And there's nothing else that gives me that ability. It serves an absolutely brilliant, beautiful purpose. It's the theatre of emotions, not dreams.
The biggest joy of being a football fan is that there is ultimately no joy in it at all. It can always get worse.....That's the joy of football - it's total fuc...g pain, and when you do actually win anything, it doesn't last long enough. The pubs close too early, and it's all over. Everybody goes home, and you're left standing there - whaaaauuurgh!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

blimey goodluckgull another punk who's a Torquay fan ! good on you

His best quote of course was hi "un-aired" interview when he talked about his concerns about Jimmy Savile's antics.....you can easily find that on you tube !

He is of course right, but then, for a punk band the Pistols were very commercial.....but that was partly the fun about them...
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Yeah. It was fun and some trouble.... I mean terwubble !
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

happytorq wrote:I remain convinced that we should have called our new building "The Chris Waddle Stand" because that's all I ever saw him do in a Torquay shirt
Hahahahahahaha - BRILLIANT Happpytorq :clap: Best posting on here for ages - thanks for lifting the gloom !
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

goodluckgull wrote:Yesterday I was reading John Lydon's life story ( that's Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols ). It's called "Anger is an Energy". He is a life long Arsenal fan and in the book there is a chapter called "The Beautiful Shame", which ends with the words....
"But £75 a ticket, these days, to go to Arsenal? For that money, you should get to have sex with all the footballers' wives! I'd rather go to a smaller place like Torquay United."
Football's the kind of game where, if your team is doing really badly, it gets you into the mode of having a laugh at losing. You can actually look forward to the next tragic defeat. And there's nothing else that gives me that ability. It serves an absolutely brilliant, beautiful purpose. It's the theatre of emotions, not dreams.
The biggest joy of being a football fan is that there is ultimately no joy in it at all. It can always get worse.....That's the joy of football - it's total fuc...g pain, and when you do actually win anything, it doesn't last long enough. The pubs close too early, and it's all over. Everybody goes home, and you're left standing there - whaaaauuurgh!
Brilliant, made I larf ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

goodluckgull wrote:Yesterday I was reading John Lydon's life story ( that's Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols ). It's called "Anger is an Energy". He is a life long Arsenal fan and in the book there is a chapter called "The Beautiful Shame", which ends with the words....
Good old John-he would always be welcome to come down to Plainmoor if he fancied coming down for a HOLIDAY IN THE SUN!
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zoomed »

An MP who cares!!!

Thanks Kevin...
kevin foster.JPG
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Just because the newly elected MP holds a piece of paper outside Plainmoor doesn't mean he cares. He needs to create a reputation to ensure he's re-elected in 2020. Yes, I'm being very pessimistic, even though it's very nice to see.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Just because the newly elected MP holds a piece of paper outside Plainmoor doesn't mean he cares. He needs to create a reputation to ensure he's re-elected in 2020. Yes, I'm being very pessimistic, even though it's very nice to see.
As I recall the previous MP was a Torquay fan, too. Seem to remember him talking about it at length.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
withawhy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by withawhy »

Well dannyrvtufc4life, he was prepared to advertise the TUST meeting at the Museum in his weekly Community E-mail (around 3,000 subscribers) before he was elected and has already asked a question in Parliament specifically mentioning the plight of clubs such as TUFC concerning the non-funding by the FA of non league clubs Academy programmes. So, I would suggest, a very positive start!

It certainly does not hurt to have your local MP pictured with a TUST sign and on the side of our Club!!