Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Some hopeful words from Steve Breed on the other sites. He says they are working hard to get it sorted. Great to hear Steve.
As Jerry says everyone should join the TUST. For one thing it will show the World TUFC has a lot of loyal supporters and its only a minimum of 2 quid a month.
Tust member 191
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Welcome encouraging news from Steve saying all is far from lost! Let's all think positive!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote: The best way to stop us being in the Conference South next year is to join the trust now.

It only takes 5 minutes and need only cost you £2 per month.

You're already online now so why put it off?

http://torquaysupporters.co.uk/Join.aspx
Sorry - I disagree. There is no way that TUST alone can finance the club. They have said so themselves. So unless they are part of a consortium/partnership (which I sincerely hope they will be), I can see no point in joining at the present time. However, I do remain optimistic that the club will be safe in the Conference next season and other postings have pointed to Steve Breed's encouraging comments today, but until there is something definite on the table and we the fans are told what's going on, I will not be re-joining TUST.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

Mattpuma wrote:Some hopeful words from Steve Breed on the other sites. He says they are working hard to get it sorted. Great to hear Steve.
As Jerry says everyone should join the TUST. For one thing it will show the World TUFC has a lot of loyal supporters and its only a minimum of 2 quid a month.
Can anyone copy and paste what Mr Breed is saying? And why he is saying it on other sites, why does he not use this fan's forum to keep everyone informed?
Any news has to be good news at the moment, the club seem to be resolved to telling their fans absolutely zilch, so if Mr Breed has some positive words, please let him make them known to everyone, not just a few on some other website.

I do echo concerns that the TUST cannot possibly fund a takeover on their own, but if they can get their foot into the door with a consortium then it must be good news.
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

tomogull wrote: Sorry - I disagree. There is no way that TUST alone can finance the club. They have said so themselves. So unless they are part of a consortium/partnership (which I sincerely hope they will be), I can see no point in joining at the present time. However, I do remain optimistic that the club will be safe in the Conference next season and other postings have pointed to Steve Breed's encouraging comments today, but until there is something definite on the table and we the fans are told what's going on, I will not be re-joining TUST.
....then surely it is better to join now rather than waiting until 'something happens'. The more numbers the trust have in membership, surely the more they will be taken seriously if they were to be part of a consortium/partnership in my view.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

RoadGull wrote: Can anyone copy and paste what Mr Breed is saying? And why he is saying it on other sites, why does he not use this fan's forum to keep everyone informed?
From the TFF:
keep the faith people there are a lot of people working hard to move things forward and for the record ive joined the trust and hope everybody does the same united is in our name and that's what we must be united all is far far far from lost Steve breed

Make of that what you will....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes some slightly positive news may suggest that this group he's either working with or for may be progressing towards a takeover of the club perhaps. However one thing I will say, and if your reading this Steve, you say United is in our name, yet you post this on the Pen inn site and the TFF but not on here, kind of flies in the face of your own key point, about us being United.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Well I've been inspired enough today to join the TUST
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: From the TFF:

Make of that what you will....
Thank you Scott Brehaut. One thing I do make of it is that Steve Breed doesn't use full-stops in his sentences!!

I do agree with Forevertufc though - can you post on all the forums Steve Breed as I have enough trouble logging in to this one, I can't cope with any more user names and passwords!

Thank you.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

I am sorry forever I posted on the other two sights simply because I could not remember the password to log into this one. My posting on the other two sites have now been put on here however very much point taken and from now on I will endeavour to use proper pronunciation and post on all three sites. So a small apology forever gull I did say united and I meant every word ........... steve breed
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

thanks steve, and good luck with whatever plans you are currently hatching
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

teeboo100 wrote:I am sorry forever I posted on the other two sights simply because I could not remember the password to log into this one. My posting on the other two sites have now been put on here however very much point taken and from now on I will endeavour to use proper pronunciation and post on all three sites. So a small apology forever gull I did say united and I meant every word ........... steve breed
Thank you very much Steve for the update, and I know you mean every word when you say United, we all do, best of luck going forward, and apologies if my post came across as if it was calling you out, certainly not meant that way, I have a habit of posting sometimes with out thinking about what I'm writing or how I'm writing it, I'll learn one day, maybe. :)

Oh by the way Steve, do not worry about the grammar police, they can be irritating indeed. ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Just joined the TUST, number 320 something.

I have a feeling that this time they will be forming part of the future as opposed to the last time I joined and it fizzled out.

Only took me 5 mins so c'mon all who havnt yet joined.
TUST #324
barrytw
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by barrytw »

I've also joined TUST today. :
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

tomogull wrote: Sorry - I disagree. There is no way that TUST alone can finance the club. They have said so themselves. So unless they are part of a consortium/partnership (which I sincerely hope they will be), I can see no point in joining at the present time. However, I do remain optimistic that the club will be safe in the Conference next season and other postings have pointed to Steve Breed's encouraging comments today, but until there is something definite on the table and we the fans are told what's going on, I will not be re-joining TUST.
The TUST won't even be in a position to help if people don't join.

I disagree with you, join the TUST!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!